CGI Interview Questions in Lebanon, VA

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.7

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted in three phases totaling a little over three hours of interviews. The first phase was with an HR manager. The HR manager didn't know much about the internship roles or processes. Most of the discussion was about CGI as a company, its structure and the various positions. The next phase of the interview was with technical management. We discussed databases and coding detail from my resume. They also had a few STAR questions. The final part of the interview was with an individual contributor from the technical team. We discussed more details about databases and several critical thinking and coding questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were a supervisor, how would you deal with a team member who isn't pulling their weight.   Answer Question
    • Three light switches are in the attic. They control three basement lights. You don't know which switch connects to which light. You have one trip to the basement. How do you figure it out?   1 Answer
    • Write a SQL statement to query a given set of tables for a specific set of results.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

There was a personality screening/ interview. Next, you are invited to interview in Lebanon, VA. In Lebanon there are three one on one strategic thinking interviews. You also get a tour of the facility, a presentation, and a meet and greet with recent hires.

Interview Questions

• 3 Light switches in the attic, one flipped. 3 lightbulbs downstairs, match the lightbulbs to the light switches.   Answer Question

Entry Level Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

The CGI recruiters attended our college employer showcase on campus. There were two of them and the setting was relaxed and enjoyable. Since it was early in the morning, there were only a few students and we had the opportunity for some good one on one conversations with both of them. She reviewed my resume and said to expect an email in a couple of days. Received an email the next day requesting a phone interview. Set up the time for the phone interview and she called exactly at the time specified. The interview went smoothly recapping some of the topics discussed in person, with some additional questions technical and personal.

Interview Questions

• When you are talking to someone about a technical problem and the person does not understand technical jargon, what approach do you take to communicate to someone who may not understand technical language?   1 Answer

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA).

Interview

The recruited through campus recruiting. First had a screening interview on campus and was invited for on site interviews thereafter. The dinner the night before my actual on site interviews served as a confidence booster for my actual interviews. The employees I met were very help in explaining the interview process. I had 3 interviews, 1 technical, 1 behavioral and I'm not sure what to call the last one but I only had one question that was kind of like a puzzle. The technical interview was not that difficult. It was a short 5 questions on OOP/Java/SQL and then a white board question where I was asked to implement a function that computes the factorial of a number. You get a tour of their offices. Form my perception of the people, I'll say they have a very good work/life balance and most of the employees seem very happy to be working there. I got an offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Implement a function that compute factorial of a number. -- This is not difficult but I'm required to fill this out so   Answer Question

Salary is below industry average but this is expected given the location of their campuses.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in August 2013.

Interview

I had first talked to a HR rep at my school and then I applied online. I was contacted by a HR rep from the Lebanon, VA office to set up a phone interview with them. The phone interview took about 30 minutes and was just a basic HR interview to see my background and what I have done in school. Then I was contacted again through email to come up to VA for an interview. Interview was an all day process, where you did a panel discussion with current employers and the HR gave a presentation about the company. Then there were three 30 minute interviews, a technical, general HR portion, and an analysis portion. They are always asking for you to ask them questions. They want to see how interested you are in there company.

Interview Questions

• Nothing to hard. General HR questions. Asked to a simple method using an array list. Then general oop questions.   Answer Question

Consultant Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Consisted of 3 30-minute interviews, as well as a presentation discussing CGI as a company. The interviews asked me about Object-Oriented programming, coding experience, and theoretical scenarios and how you would deal with them. Some questions are verbal, while others ask you to write code on the fly on a white-board. They were pretty straight-forward. They may also ask you a brain teaser or two near the end. They will also ask you questions related to what you put on your resume, so make sure you're confident with what's on your resume. There were about 8-12 people there interviewing for the same position, so it seemed very competitive.

Interview Questions

• A worker is to perform work for you for seven straight days. In return for his work, you will pay him 1/7th of a bar of gold per day. The worker requires a daily payment of 1/7th of the bar of gold. If you were only able to make 2 cuts to the gold bar, describe how this will allow you to pay him 1/7th each day?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. I met them at the career fair at my school and handed them my resume. I received an e-mail from the HR that they would like to interview with on campus. The interview date was set a day or two after the career fair. It was very easy. Then they invited to come for an on-site interview. Once I was made it for the interview. It was again very very easy. BE AWARE: if you expect to make a market level salary, then look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• There are not any hard questions. I was asked to explain what polymorphous is. And what is the difference between XML and HTML.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

A recruiter setup an interview from campus then the second round was in Lebanon. There is a group dinner at a local restaurant in Abingdon. You go through 3 behavioral interviews where you are asked a couple brain teasers that provide no true psychological value. The interview process is flawed and does not focus on identifying talent. There is a lunch and a presentation about benefits. Based on interaction in the interview the employees are miserable and underpaid.

Interview Questions

• Three students checked into a hotel and paid the clerk $30 for a room ($10 each). When the hotel manager returned, he noticed that the clerk had incorrectly charged $30 instead of $25 for the room. The manager told the clerk to return $5 to the students. The clerk, knowing that the students would not be able to divide $5 evenly, decided to keep $2 and to give them only $3. The students were very happy because they paid only $27 for the room ($9 each). However, if they paid $27 and the clerk kept $2, that adds up to $29. What happened to the other Dollar?   2 Answers

Application Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in November 2011.

Interview

First I emailed the college recruiter and set up a time to interview on-campus. Then at the interview they asked behavioral type questions. After this they contacted me to attend an onsite interview where they had a general presentation by the Lead Manager of the Commercial side of CGI, followed by a group presentation by HR going over benefits. Then we had an open panel interview with other employees of CGI where we could ask any questions of the employees to get an inside perspective. Then the afternoon was three 1:1 interviews consisting of behavioral questions for two of them, and then a skills test. Everyone was very nice and the interviews were mostly relaxed. There were 20+ people interviewing at the same time I was. Everyone was very nice and CGI treated us very well with lunch and dinner.

Interview Questions

• What experiences have you had delegating work, and how did they turn out?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Just know that since this is an "offshore" employment site that the pay is a little lower, but the location is a very low cost so the pay difference balances out.

Junior IT Consultant Interview

Application

Interview

They had a group presentation with a basic overview of the company. This followed with a Q & A with three younger employees who all had good things to say about the company. The flexible hours seem to be pretty hyped up. Hotel/Travel is paid for. Interview process consist of three separate interviews: a leadership, technical, and analytical. I was pretty impressed with everything in general other than the geographic location of the office. Other than that this seems like it would be a great company to start of at for an IT Consultant.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would settle a dispute between two employees you supervised.   Answer Question