CGI Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with senior recruiter coordination done via email with the recruiter at her initiation. Recruiter pleasant and professional! Interview was preliminary filtering interview prior to in-person interview for final hire decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself? What projects have you managed? What is your SDLC experience? Be detailed. What are your strengths as a project manager? What questions do you have forme?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

It was really short, I spent more time waiting than actually being interviewed. The man who interviewed me was very nice and it was very conversational. The HR person who set up the interview was very unorganized and did not confirm a time or location until the night before. But other than that it was a good experience. The questions were very straight forward. Since I interviewed for the project manager position, I was asked a lot of teamwork/ leadership skills questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to make a difficult decision with many different options.   Answer Question
    • Give me a time where you had to explain technical jargon to people who did not know the terms.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group of unmotivated people.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Interview

2 Phone interviews and face to face with panel

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CGI.

Interview

After submitting the application through website, I got a call from HR after two weeks. He asked some very basic questions and mentioned there would be another phone interview with manager and director from Montreal. More than two weeks later, a meeting was scheduled. I responded to all questions during the interview. Questions mostly were standard and behavior. I thought the interview went quite well. Another two weeks pass by, finally I received a phone call from HR informed me that the resource originally working in this job decided to stay with the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this company?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CGI (Bangalore (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview is Quite Simple and will ask few things related to my previous work.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI in April 2012.

Interview

Interview is quite below expectation. They don't follow much PMBOK standards. The Management does not know much about Project Management Skill. I think when they hire PMs they see their previous Employer. So, don't worry about interview.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CGI in October 2010.

Interview

The company first gave me a phone call to assess my experience. The HR guys explained the job and he told me that there was going to be a lot of challenges.

So we booked an interview. The HR guys and the IT manager interview me. They explained the position and ask about my experience. While talking with them I realized that the work was going to be very clerical so I had to decline the job at they end of they interview. I told them that if they ever needed a more experience person, I would love to redo another interview. The interview was not too formal. Friendly and relax atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Problems are bound to arise with team members? Explain a situation you encountered. How did you handle it?   1 Answer

There was not enough responsibilities with the job.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI (Bangalore (India)) in May 2010.

Interview

2 rounds of telephonic interview.
    1st round consisted of domain related questions. As am from telco domain the questions were related to BSS/OSS and my contirbutions. Questions related to the COTS packages I worked as well were also asked.
    2nd round consisted of Project Management related queries. Questions like how did I manage AD & AM work, how I managed the team, how I managed risks and issues and finally questions on people management.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage one of your over-confident team member who always wants to move out for higher responsibilites but not so good in taking up those? Important thing being he is bit critical in the current position.   3 Answers

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2010.

Interview

Interview process was fast.

March 7th interviewed. March 15th Joined office.

Interview was taken by a Director and consisted of situational questions.
    Checked PM level experience, checked consulting experience, customer focus and strong delivery capability.

Since the role I was hired for was very demanding, the interview complemented the job requirments.

Interview Questions

• PM experience - examples of high risk or difficult situations. Quality focus examples   1 Answer
    • Team management situation - Key team member is leaving on vacation Friday afternoon. Client asks for a critical report to be presented to CEO on Monday morning. What will you do. The TM leaving only knows about the report. Will you cancel vacation. Will you say no to the client?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They accepted the salary I asked for which was pretty much market rate.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

It all starts with a 1-1 with an HR person who selected your CV based on keywords and essentially has no knowledge whatsoever of what your job looks like. Basically they will check your languages (English is always a requirement, also in QC-based positions) and if you may put the company to shame,

Next step is a real interview with a few directors, mostly unqualified for their role. If one of them likes how you answer the general questions you will be hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes, I negotiated a salary increase from 92K to 98K. Vacations are non-negotiable.