CGI Software Developer Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX).

Interview

All day affair. Group meeting with three individual interviews. One technical. They did reimburse me gas money and some others stayed in hotels. Several different positions being interviewed. There was no phone screening, just called and asked for a whole day. Spent most of the hearing why the company is great, first from an exec then from HR rep. Provided lunch with current employees, some of whom seemed less than eager to talk to us in exchange for their deli sandwich. Then three interviews and a long drive home.

Interview Questions

• Write a function that returns whether or not a number is prime.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Its awesome. They focused mostly on previous projects and how confident you are. first round was telephonic, pure technical. After that its lead, manegerail and sm. I'm impressed by the way they way panel has conducted interview. Thanks

Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I got the initial on-campus interview through a university career fair. It was a informal and non-technical. A week later there was a set of three followup interviews on-site. One behavioral, one technical, and one about experience and qualifications that included one simple coding question. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes. The technical interview had three simple coding questions and a few general knowledge questions that were mostly about object-oriented programming.

Interview Questions

• Some of the behavioral questions were about times when I was in a certain situation and how I handled it. Those were harder for me than the coding questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in July 2009.

Interview

I had previously applied for this job listing, but put a salary range in closer to what I was currently earning. I did not receive a response. About 2-3 months later, I came across the posting again and applied for it again, this time entering a lower salary. I got the interview this time. You can never be sure, of course, with how candidates are selected, but I was suspicious that they were looking to fill at a relatively low cost. The HR person emailed me and set up a screening interview via phone with her. Typical stuff, though there was one of those awkward "company culture" type of questions - something to the effect of "What are your 3 most important things?". I asked for clarification, but she (half-heartedly) said they leave it open-ended on purpose. I think she thought it was pretty pointless, too. I was subsequently invited to interview with the development team. I was scheduled to speak with 4 people - group manager, project manager, technical manager, and team member. As it turned out, only the PM was in the office. The other 3 I spoke to via phone. This particular CGI team had many remote members, meaning I would be able to work from home (a good thing). I thought the interview went pretty well. The people seemed to like working for CGI. A recurrent theme they kept bringing up was the flexibility of the company - work location, hours, work-life balance, etc. The benefits were typical for a large company - I don't recall anything that stood out either way. As far as the job itself, it was clear that I was over-qualified for the position. I'm pretty certain this was their thinking, too. We never discussed salary, but I doubted that it would be in the range I was seeking. The HR person sent me an email the next week saying that they had actually decided to close the position for the time being. My guess is that it was kind of a "luxury" position - they could have used another set of hands on the project, but only if they could get someone competent at a bargain price. I responded by thanking the HR person for the time and if there was any constructive feedback from those that interviewed me. I never received a response, which I didn't think was terribly professional. I certainly wasn't expecting her to send me back a lengthy and thorough analysis, but even a minimal acknowledgement (a sentence or two) would have been more appropriate.

Interview Questions

• One interviewer kept hammering away on formal procedures/methodologies (CMMI, ISO 9000), kind of belaboring the point.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Interview Process. No such thing. They made me travel 400 kms and made me wait five hours. Then finally the HR came and told we'll break for lunch and resume after an hour. Horrible experience. I walked out because when I asked why is it taking so long, they told this is how we conduct interview. If you want, you can wait or you can leave.So I decided I don't want to work in a company who doesn't manage time properly or respect others' time. Thanks CGI for wasting my time. P.S I heard when it was Logica, things were better.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Darmstadt (Germany)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CGI (Darmstadt (Germany)).

Interview

I was contacted by a member of the Darmstadt (Germany) office who found me on LinkedIn. We had an interesting Email conversation where I also sent him my CV. After reviewing the CV he invited me for an on-site interview. The interview was not as technical as I expected. I was interviewed by 2 people who were both in management rather than senior developers. They asked a lot of standard questions like what were my strength and weaknesses, and asked details about my CV. They also wanted to know how my writing in English was, if I could write reports, if I was able to do presentations in-house as well as for clients, and if I was willing to travel to a customer if necessary. They also asked me for my salary expectations. After the interview I was given a coding question to solve at home within one week in Java. The question was an algorithmic question, similar to Google Code Jam.

Interview Questions

• What are your salary expectations?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation took place in a phone call. I found it quite tough, and in the end was told that they had to consult the committee. The last steps of the negotiation were done by email.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Very employees selection process. I had 4 interviews with people at different management positions.

Interview Questions

• What will you do when many people request your help at the same time and all the issues are urgent ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary. Training.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

Phone Interview, 1:1 Interview , Skill Test, Backround check etc

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CGI (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

This was simple: their HR reached me by phone and appointed technical interview. Interview was by Skype, conference call and remote desktop all together. There were no introductions or greetings. They simply gave me the task and asked me to solve it. It took me longer than they have expected. Once I have told them I have finished the implementation of first part, they said, they have no time for the rest part of interview and bye bye. That is it.

Interview Questions

• 2 questions: 1) Implement silverlight application which converts string "<color name>_<number>" (for example "red_1") to textbox properties: <color_name> - the color name of text <number> - if number % 2 == 0, set color A, otherwise set color B You have to use IValueConverter and data binding. 2) write function which takes valid directory path as argument and prints out 10 biggest files in path's sub tree. Use recursive algorithm. <- i din't have enough time to finish it. It must work without crashes and must show comprehensive error messages.   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CGI.

Interview

It is not hard. 2 times interview, one is phone, one is face to face. Interview is professional