CGI Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 25, 2014

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

Interview

45 min on campus interview.Mostly behavioral questions.Another on site interview both technical and behavioral questions.Basically they go through your resume and ask you questions based on that.we didn't really have enough time to go through all the questions so try to answer the questions efficiently and you will be fine.

Interview Questions

• As far as i remember there was only one technical question about sorting through random numbers.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CGI

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Emails -> Career fair interview -> Emails -> On-site interview -> Emails -> Offer. The process seemed to take a very long time. About 3 months to go through all the steps.

Interview Questions

• General team skills and project management questions are not the easiest to answer. The technical questions that a software engineer would get are pretty simple OOP stuff. Might have to debug a simple program on paper. Nothing to be worried about though if you actually know c++/java.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI (Lebanon, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. I met them at the career fair at my school and handed them my resume. I received an e-mail from the HR that they would like to interview with on campus. The interview date was set a day or two after the career fair. It was very easy. Then they invited to come for an on-site interview. Once I was made it for the interview.
    It was again very very easy. BE AWARE: if you expect to make a market level salary, then look elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• There are not any hard questions. I was asked to explain what polymorphous is. And what is the difference between XML and HTML.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Belton, TX

Application

interviewed at CGI (Belton, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Several interviews. HR first on the phone. The next interview was face to face with development manager and team leader. The questions were more about how to solve problems than straight api questions which was good since anyone can memorize an api and the ide have all of that at this point.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI in March 2011.

Interview

I had submitted resume online, and got called by recruiter, followed by a phone interview with team lead and project manager. They asked me some average java questions, and other general behavior questions. No code testing, or whiteboard, they were urgent for people.

Interview Questions

• technical details that only used by the project they are working on, which is hard to expect if you don't know their project.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI in March 2011.

Interview

I got a call through recruitment agency and they had scheduled me the interview with Logica (Acquired by CGI later in 2012). I went there for interview. Initially I had a communication round. It was just a screening round. After the initial communication round was done there was a first technical round. It was quite interesting where the interviewer started asking me all the questions from all the technologies and frameworks in Java. Finally there was a HR round to negotiate my salary and expectations.

The office was awesome. Work culture was perfect here. The timings are so flexible where we can manage our work and personal life as well.

Interview Questions

• The interview was pretty much straight forward and they covered all the technical areas. The difficult part which I felt was on EJB part.   Answer Question

Negotiation

As every HR does they tried to negotiate on salary part and tried to convince. I proposed a figure and they said it was too high and finally they had given me a figure which was convincing and acceptable. It was a decent salary at that time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI (Bangalore (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

Everything is highly organized , right from the interview letter to the offer letter.

Interviewers are very polite and professional , reflects good about the company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was not great , as the salary offered is below the market standards. But the HR's don't negotiate much.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Its an easy process. nothng to preapre much . just b confident

Negotiation

60% u can easily get

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI.

Interview

2 Technical round, Manager round, HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiate properly

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI (Bangalore (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Questions based on the Implementation of the Frameworks and JSP/Servet.

Interview Questions

• Write code for the bean tag of struts-config.xml?   Answer Question
    • Write code for the database connection tag <datasource> in struts framework?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very good.