CGI Interview Questions in Washington, DC

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.7

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI (Alexandria, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

bunch or emails a lot of waiting a frantic sched to go and get a phone call set up which took another few days 2 women reading from prepared questions, did not listen to full answers, did not like the responses, but it at 15 mins, waste of time i believe the 2 DBAs on the phone knew if i came there i would say they were too close to the developers and not doing their jobs

Interview Questions

• how do profiles differ from SPM   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI (Arlington, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with senior recruiter coordination done via email with the recruiter at her initiation. Recruiter pleasant and professional! Interview was preliminary filtering interview prior to in-person interview for final hire decision.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself? What projects have you managed? What is your SDLC experience? Be detailed. What are your strengths as a project manager? What questions do you have forme?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

The process was a little broken, but that happens on occasion. Several phone interviews over a few weeks with questions relating to business and industry knowledge. In-person interview was laid out in a typical fashion with the meeting of multiple people in the leadership. Went well, despite being provided the wrong location by the recruiter.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Washington, DC) in March 2015.

Interview

Standard Interview. Asked questions based on the resume to see how you react and answer them. The person who interviewed me seemed as he just wanted to leave since I was the last person to interview that day.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal City, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CGI (Crystal City, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

I went through a panel of three interviewers that asked many simple questions and never heard back after the interview. I felt like the process was unorganized and the interviewers at the Crystal City office were not highly skilled at there areas of expertise. I believe the company prefers to hire college graduates rather than skilled experienced applicants.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

On campus interview, easy personality questions. Nice recruiter knew the answers to most of my questions. Second round interview was at the Fairfax office and was unorganized. 2 out of 4 of the people interviewing me were unavailable. The other 2 interviews went well. Learned a lot about how the company is run. One of the two unavailable interviewers sent a replacement. The poor replacement had never done an interview before and had nothing prepared. But it gave me an honest look at that working there would look like.

Interview Questions

• Nothing complicated, easy technical questions nothing really to worry about. I defiantly over prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They seemed resistant to negotiating but ended up accepting my counter offer and let me pick my location.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I was sent an email asking if I was interested in a position. Once I responded, a time for a phone interview was set up. From there, I had to fill out a form for my background check and clearance verification.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dumfries, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CGI (Dumfries, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Interview was simple. Arrived and interview started soon thereafter. Lasted about 30 mins. They called me very soon afterwards and asked to conduct second interview. I was told it was protocol and offer was coming after that.

Travel distance

Junior Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online on the cgi careers page and was contacted about a month later for a phone interview. The manager worked remotely but we finally scheduled an interview for the following week. I went on the interview and it was very laid back. They're interested more in knowing about you and your future plans than technical skills. I got an offer within a week for more than I asked for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got more than I asked for so there was no negotiation.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CGI (Fairfax, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is pretty rigorous and I had to go through 4 levels of interviews. Each of the interview was conducted by employees from different positions and levels and it gave an impression to the interviewee what type of company one can expect.

The interviews were pretty informal and was more of a conversation format rather than typical interview questions that aren't really relevant to a position. The company culture and environment seemed very friendly and amenable to an employee.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected in the sense that the interviews were more conversational and it threw all the prep I had done out the window.   Answer Question