CGI

2.7

55 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI in May 2013.

my initial communications were with the person who referred me to the open position. the position started off being just a junior level administrative assistant. i was able to parlay that into a higher level administrative position - project administrator. this position was a blank palate; i was going to have the opportunity to create it from scratch**.

i did a good deal of research about project administration, and what that position would entail on a general level. then i did a lot of research about the company, their recent successes/acquisitions, their field, and how a project administrator would fit into their mix.

the office was immaculate and very organized. crisp in color scheme, very modern look. people were friendly, and i was pointed in the right direction every step of the way. it's' important to be a little early to interviews here, because the executives schedules change around during the day. being there, in case they are ready to interview immediately, is a bonus. they look favorably on those who are always ready.

the work culture - i knew that the company would be busy, because they are in high demand and a big competitor in the IT industry. they are a HEAVY hitter. in my research, i found that CGI had just acquired logica - a european IT firm, with over 35k employees - which doubled their employee base. the executives who hired me were very impressed with the fact that i knew that. DO YOUR RESEARCH before you interview here. know their competitors, and if you can, know their most recent activity, or most significant activity. be sure to ask questions when asked "do you have any questions". interview them! engage in conversation and be friendly but focused.

i interviewed on a wednesday morning - i had a series of back to back interviews. i learned that in the past, they would conduct their series of interviews on different days, and with different people; but they recognized that turns people off from finishing the process, and it dwindles their number of prospects down tremendously. however, the series of interviews within the same day, takes a LOT of preparation - especially when you don't know exactly "who" you're interviewing with. so i had to be prepared for just about any question.

i interviewed with a total of 7 people - 3 of which were at the director/VP level, and who i would be working with directly. the other 4 were executive assistants who i would be occasionally working with to complete projects. the first three interviews were conducted separately, by each of the directors/VPs. each interview was 45 minutes long. the final interview was with the 4 executive assistants - and it was more a debriefing than a real interview. they wanted to know if i had specific questions about the position.

the entire process took about 4 hours. it was a long day. but i found out a few hours later that all 3 directors/VPs wrote long reviews about me, and wanted to hire me on the spot, but needed to confer with each other first. i was called the next morning and offered the position.

**there are other PAs in the company (i found out later), who work on one specific project at a time, on one client site.

Interview Questions
    • why would you be a good fit in this role, and where would you like to take it?   View Answer
    i didn't negotiate very well. i asked if the position would offer about $3k more than what was discussed, and i was told no. so i accepted the offer, and i still regret it. whatever you're offered here, if it's less than your minimum, be frank, and let them know that you're not able to accept their offer if the salary is less than your minimum. this is a huge company with a ton of financial resources - don't be afraid to stand your ground. i'm still struggling now, even after over a year of employment and providing them with experienced proof that i'm more than qualified to do what i do (and i've surprised them with my knowledge of certain processes), i have only gotten a scheduled raise of $2k (which is still $1k less than my minimum salary requirement - a slap in the face), and i do way more than what is listed on my requirements profile.

know your worth!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Crystal City, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CGI in August 2014.

I went through a panel of three interviewers that asked many simple questions and never heard back after the interview. I felt like the process was unorganized and the interviewers at the Crystal City office were not highly skilled at there areas of expertise. I believe the company prefers to hire college graduates rather than skilled experienced applicants.

Functional Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI in November 2011.

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair and handed over my résumé. Recruiter contacted me two weeks later and provided instructions for applying for a specific position we discussed at the fair. Contacted a week later asking to come in for an interview. Interviewed with three different people, 30 minutes each. Remained in the same room, and the interviewers made their rounds.

After the interviews, headed straight to my initial recruiter's office. She said my interviews went well and gave me an offer (all in same day).

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?

Why do you want to work here?

Mainly skimmed through résumé and asked questions. Be sure you know your résumé well to discuss.

Answer Question
    Little to no negotiation. Initial offer was $5K below the range I was shooting for. They finally bumped the initial offer by $1K.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI in October 2012.

One on campus interview with the HR recruiter and two on site interviews with two different employees. Rather than interviews, they were more like conversations basically trying to get to know what type of person you were and how what you had worked on in college would correlate to the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and your worst weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

interviewed at CGI in November 2013.

First round is one interviewer, all easy informal behavorial interview questions. Next round is 3 interviews at the main office in Fairfax, VA. These questions are also easy and straight forward. The interviewers are all really nice and helpful, usually senior level consultants.

Interview Questions
    • If you apply for a technical position you will get techinical questions. Business Analyst get behavioral questions that are pretty straight forward and not difficult. One difficult question was describe one time you had to share the leadership role. How did you manage that.   Answer Question

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CGI.

On campus interview, easy personality questions. Nice recruiter knew the answers to most of my questions. Second round interview was at the Fairfax office and was unorganized. 2 out of 4 of the people interviewing me were unavailable. The other 2 interviews went well. Learned a lot about how the company is run. One of the two unavailable interviewers sent a replacement. The poor replacement had never done an interview before and had nothing prepared. But it gave me an honest look at that working there would look like.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing complicated, easy technical questions nothing really to worry about. I defiantly over prepared.   Answer Question
    They seemed resistant to negotiating but ended up accepting my counter offer and let me pick my location.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI.

I was sent an email asking if I was interested in a position. Once I responded, a time for a phone interview was set up. From there, I had to fill out a form for my background check and clearance verification.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CGI in March 2014.

The hiring process is pretty rigorous and I had to go through 4 levels of interviews. Each of the interview was conducted by employees from different positions and levels and it gave an impression to the interviewee what type of company one can expect.

The interviews were pretty informal and was more of a conversation format rather than typical interview questions that aren't really relevant to a position. The company culture and environment seemed very friendly and amenable to an employee.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected in the sense that the interviews were more conversational and it threw all the prep I had done out the window.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CGI in November 2013.

I started with a 30 minute interview on campus one on one just to get a sense of my skills and comforts. It mostly went over my resume and availability. There was no initial technical screening. Then there was a follow up on the phone briefly to invite me to me to an on campus interview. The on campus interview was done on a day with about 30 other candidates and I had three separate interviews with developers. They asked me questions about my experience and problem solving, but I never actually had to write any code in a technical interview sense

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions and there weren't very many were asking for programming concepts for specific languages like how inheritance works and object oriented design. There were no actual coding questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation was optional. They were unwilling to meet other offers.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI.

Received a phone call about a position but when I received the email from HR is was totally different job. Interview process was easy.

Interview Questions

The crazies run the office