CGI

2.7

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CGI in November 2012.

The process was not to bad. All I had to do was a behavioral interview at my college and then two ones at their office in Fairfax. No case studies. Seems like a lot of young friendly people. and the atmosphere is relaxed.

Interview Questions
    yeah I would try to negotiate

Entry Level IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI in November 2012.

I had my resume posted on my college's career site and received an email from the CGI recruiter requesting an interview. I went through my school's site to schedule an on campus interview. The interview was originally scheduled on the Monday that hurricane Sandy hit, so it ended up being pushed back a week. My interviewer said that he was not normally the one that did the initial screening but was here due to the rescheduling and would not be asking typical interview questions. The position I was interviewing for was a technical position, but most of the questions just had to do with the company. I came away feeling like I knew a lot about the company and he knew a lot about me, but not about the technical skills that I could bring. He did not have a business card on him at the time so I wasn't able to pursue further contact after the interview and have not heard back from them yet.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions asked during the interview, it was mostly about what I was looking for.   Answer Question

Legislative and Public Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CGI in November 2012.

Interview process was fine. Person called scheduled a time. Questions during interview were straight forward. Unfortunately the HR person was not forthcoming with next steps. She told me that I was a good fit for the job but she did not return calls or emails after the interview.

Entry Level IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CGI in November 2012.

Applied through on-campus recruiting & made it through to first-round interviews. Thought I completely bombed the interview - didn't have good chemistry with the interviewer, who basically read off questions on a list (non-stop behavioral questions) & didn't seem like she wanted to be there. Invited to second round interviews at their office. Started off with a nice luncheon and group panel of recent college hires to answer questions. Afterwards, had a brief office tour & 2 30-min. interviews with a consultant and manager. Went through resume with consultant, while manager asked more tricky questions. Not bad experience.

Interview Questions
    • What's something cool that you did in the last 6 or 8 months?
      That deadline question that someone posted earlier.

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CGI in October 2012.

Applied online through my college network and got into an on-campus interview. The interviewer was an alumni and we talked about classes. It consisted of a half hour of mostly behavioral questions.

Then moved up to the onsite interview in Herndon. They showed us around the building and got about 6-7 consultants for us to ask anything. Then it came down to two 40 minute interviews. Once again they were mostly behavioral questions. Very friendly people.

Heard back from them the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral, working with lazy coworkers, challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Declined because I received another offer from a similar company that I felt a better fit in.

Senior QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI in October 2012.

Called for panel of 5 interview.Asked all technical questions. it as great experience.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at CGI in October 2012.

One on campus interview with the HR recruiter and two on site interviews with two different employees. Rather than interviews, they were more like conversations basically trying to get to know what type of person you were and how what you had worked on in college would correlate to the workplace.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest strength and your worst weakness?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CGI.

Several phone interviews.
    1 face to face interview.
    Final phone interviews.
    Offer over the phone.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer canceled the interview twice.
      Another interviewer had a heavy accent, I did not understand what he was saying.
      Another interviewer was eager to establish his superiority rather than testing my skills.

View Answer
    Before the interviews, the hiring manager agreed the salary I wanted. Two months later, the actual offer letter had a base salary 20% lower than I expected. I made the mistake by telling them that I was unemployed. Negotiated and was able to raise it 5%. So, my salary was 15% less than what we initially agreed.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CGI in July 2012.

First step was going through the recruiter and get an interview in person at the client office. The in-person interview was mostly technical skills as well as discussing a little bit about the project, the client and what the team looks like and what role the UI Developer would play.

Interview Questions
    • Question about the latest technologies and not too much experience on it, so it was difficult.   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at CGI in January 2012.

I was called for the interview about a couple of months after applying online, had actually forgotten that i had even applied. When they called they asked me if i would like to come in for interview. I went for an interview about two days later. When i got there i was taken to office by an HR rep and I met with one of the first three managers. He was a pretty laid back guy he went through my resume and asked about the technical skills on resume and the programming projects i had worked on in school. The other managers that interviewed me also preceded to ask about my resume. They also answered all the question i had for them and told what it was like to work for the company. Overall the interviews were pretty relaxed. About two days later I was offer the positions.

Interview Questions
    • i was just asked to give more details on the projects I worked on while i was in school.   Answer Question