CH2M HILL

76 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at CH2M HILL.

Interview Details – The whole process took roughly two weeks. I sent in my resume through their online application system and a few days later, I was called by a recruiter who conducted a very short phone interview. The recruiter asked questions about my resume and what I knew about the company. I few days later, I was called in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by four different people individually, each of which asked me about my resume and what I knew about the company. The whole process was very laid back.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any of the standard interview questions. They only went over my resume. They were mostly concerned about if I was interested in the subject of the position.   View Answer

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Charlotte, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CH2M HILL in September 2010.

Interview Details – Drawn out hiring process due to travel of the interviewing team. Process depends on which "stove pipe" of the company you are entering. Wonderful people work there. Little direction once you are there. You just have to figure it out.... at least that is how it was in the "stovepipe" I worked in.

Interview Question – All standard out of the book.   Answer Question

Executive Recruiter Interview

Executive Recruiter
Lone Tree, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CH2M HILL in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was referred in and immediately called for a phone interview with a recruiter. It was the recruiter's last week and she was fairly certain the position was replacing her but she didn't know why it was advertised as an Executive Recruiter. She asked me about three different ways why I was interested. It was odd.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult. Seemed apparent it was a courtesy conversation.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Civil Engineer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CH2M HILL.

Interview Details – Process took about 2 weeks. I was first contacted by phone from a person from HR. I met with two different department heads in their NY office. Both of them asked personality questions and questions about my resume. Then they asked a lot of technical questions.

Interview Question – Technical Questions using bending stress and axial loading   Answer Question

Heavy Equipment/Crane Operator Interview

Heavy Equipment/Crane Operator

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at CH2M HILL in June 2012.

Interview Details – Eight weeks after applying online and submitting a resume, I recieved a phone call with an offer. There was no actual interview. I was just told I had the job if I could pass the company's background check, the UA, and the physial.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer

Interviewed at CH2M HILL

Interview Details – Online application, phone interview.

Interview Question – There were no out of the ordinary questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not try to negotiate salary, but relocation was good.

Construction Manager Interview

Construction Manager
Hillsboro, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CH2M HILL in February 2013.

Interview Details – I had three total interviews: one 30-minute phone interview with the CMS Leads, then a 1-hour onsite interview with the same CMS Leads as well as other Construction Managers, then a 30-minute chat over coffee with the Manager. It was very informal. They just wanted to chat and get to know me. Incredibly relaxed.

Interview Question – There wasn't anything too difficult. I was thrown off when they asked me about my experiences as a female engineer.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I couldn't negotiate because I was hired through a temp agency (contract-to-hire). I wasn't happy with my salary, but I needed a job.

Environmental Engineer Interview

Environmental Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CH2M HILL.

Interview Details – After a phone interview with a senior executive I was invited to an in person interview in the office. The interview was very informative for me since it started with a presentation about what the position would require and gave information about the company. The questions that came were mostly behavioral and were pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't feel like the salary offer reflected my skills and graduate degrees.

Administrative Assistant 02 Interview

Administrative Assistant 02

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CH2M HILL.

Interview Details – Submitted resume to a job posting on their website, filled out entire online requirements. Phone screening interview (20 minutes), very nice and not intimidating. Panel interview (3 people- 25 minutes), basic questions pertaining to the every day job requirements as well as personality pointed questions and work ethic. Expressed focus on security/confidentiality/organization/proficiency/culture. Background check, checked ALL of my references and had them fill out a questionair. The entire process from phone screening to job offer was 4 weeks.

Interview Question – What are one of your biggest weakness and how do you deal with it in the work place.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – a phone call discussing the offer and room for growth All fair and reasonable.

Site Receiving Assistant Interview

Site Receiving Assistant
Paulsboro, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CH2M HILL in March 2013.

Interview Details – Construction background was questioned. Past positions in Construction and Logistics was discussed. It was a very pleasant interview.

Interview Question – Security Clearance?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I negotiated and was happy with the outcome.

Interviews for Top Jobs at CH2M HILL

Worked for CH2M HILL? Contribute to the Community!

CH2M HILL Videos

CH2M HILL – Why Work for Us?

As a global leader in consulting, design, design-build, operations, and program management, CH2M HILL has the human and technical resources, the international footprint, and the depth of know-how and experience to help… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CH2M HILL interview questions and advice. All 76 interview reviews posted anonymously by CH2M HILL employees and interview candidates.