CH2M HILL Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 10, 2014
79 interviews

2.8

Subcontracts Administrator/On Site Professional Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at CH2M HILL in March 2012.

The hiring process is a very long at CH2M HILL.. You need to go through their back round check,credit check & drug test. You also have to be interviewed be the people you will be working with before you are hired.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any question like that through my interviewing process.   Answer Question
    There was none

Staff Engineer Interview

phone interview and after several weeks they will tell you to come in for in office interview. you have to pay for your transportation if you need to travel to the office for the interview. had the result after several weeks. overall it's ok but very slow same as most of the big companies.

Interview Questions
    they said they don't negotiation

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at CH2M HILL in March 2013.

Two Rounds of Interview
    1) Met the Manager of Engineering group. General discussion about the software known. Very Friendly and informal interview

2) Met the Electrical Team Lead. Extremely friendly and pleasing interviewer. Basic questions about the Resume

Civil Engineer Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CH2M HILL.

The whole process took roughly two weeks. I sent in my resume through their online application system and a few days later, I was called by a recruiter who conducted a very short phone interview. The recruiter asked questions about my resume and what I knew about the company. I few days later, I was called in for an in person interview. I was interviewed by four different people individually, each of which asked me about my resume and what I knew about the company. The whole process was very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask any of the standard interview questions. They only went over my resume. They were mostly concerned about if I was interested in the subject of the position.   View Answer

Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CH2M HILL in September 2010.

Drawn out hiring process due to travel of the interviewing team. Process depends on which "stove pipe" of the company you are entering. Wonderful people work there. Little direction once you are there. You just have to figure it out.... at least that is how it was in the "stovepipe" I worked in.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Lone Tree, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at CH2M HILL in April 2014.

I was referred in and immediately called for a phone interview with a recruiter. It was the recruiter's last week and she was fairly certain the position was replacing her but she didn't know why it was advertised as an Executive Recruiter. She asked me about three different ways why I was interested. It was odd.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly difficult. Seemed apparent it was a courtesy conversation.   Answer Question

Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CH2M HILL.

Process took about 2 weeks. I was first contacted by phone from a person from HR. I met with two different department heads in their NY office. Both of them asked personality questions and questions about my resume. Then they asked a lot of technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions using bending stress and axial loading   Answer Question

Heavy Equipment/Crane Operator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at CH2M HILL in June 2012.

Eight weeks after applying online and submitting a resume, I recieved a phone call with an offer. There was no actual interview. I was just told I had the job if I could pass the company's background check, the UA, and the physial.

Process Engineer Interview

Online application, phone interview.

Interview Questions
    I did not try to negotiate salary, but relocation was good.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hillsboro, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CH2M HILL in February 2013.

I had three total interviews: one 30-minute phone interview with the CMS Leads, then a 1-hour onsite interview with the same CMS Leads as well as other Construction Managers, then a 30-minute chat over coffee with the Manager. It was very informal. They just wanted to chat and get to know me. Incredibly relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't anything too difficult. I was thrown off when they asked me about my experiences as a female engineer.   View Answer
    I couldn't negotiate because I was hired through a temp agency (contract-to-hire). I wasn't happy with my salary, but I needed a job.

Worked for CH2M HILL? Contribute to the Community!