CH2M HILL

Updated Feb 11, 2015
Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.8

Administrative Assistant 02 Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CH2M HILL.

Submitted resume to a job posting on their website, filled out entire online requirements. Phone screening interview (20 minutes), very nice and not intimidating. Panel interview (3 people- 25 minutes), basic questions pertaining to the every day job requirements as well as personality pointed questions and work ethic. Expressed focus on security/confidentiality/organization/proficiency/culture. Background check, checked ALL of my references and had them fill out a questionair. The entire process from phone screening to job offer was 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What are one of your biggest weakness and how do you deal with it in the work place.   View Answer
    a phone call discussing the offer and room for growth All fair and reasonable.

Executive Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Lone Tree, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CH2M HILL in April 2014.

I was referred in and immediately called for a phone interview with a recruiter. It was the recruiter's last week and she was fairly certain the position was replacing her but she didn't know why it was advertised as an Executive Recruiter. She asked me about three different ways why I was interested. It was odd.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing particularly difficult. Seemed apparent it was a courtesy conversation.   Answer Question

Environmental/Water Intern Interview

Contacted by HR from Colorado. Followed up by HR in Missouri who scheduled interview for face to face. Received an email to confirm face to face.

Traffic/Transportation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CH2M HILL.

HR contacted me for a screening interview. Then I was scheduled a face to face interview with mid/senior level engineers/managers who I would be working with.
    The interview was fairly easy and casual. Interviewers were very relaxed and casual which made the interview go smoothly and effortlessly. No technical questions were asked. However the downsize of this interview style is that many incompetent engineers were hired.

Interview Questions
    • Just common behavioral questions. If you are well prepared, then you should not have any problems with an interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation since the offer is fairly good.

Entry Level Environmental Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CH2M HILL.

why you are interested in this position, and a overview of the resume.
    the whole process is relaxed, took less than 30 minutes

Interview Questions
    • why are you interested in this position, what do you think of your strength   Answer Question

Conveyance Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at CH2M HILL.

I first received a phone call, notifying me that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was scheduled the next day, and I spoke over the phone with the person who would be working with me if I were to be hired. She asked me about my experiences and what I have been studying. They notified me a week later, that they wanted to schedule an on-site interview. Two weeks after that, I flew out to their office and had an interview with five different people from the office. We spoke one-on-one for 30 minutes each. Two of the interviewers were senior workers in the office, whereas three were more junior and assistant level employees who would be working closely with me if I would be hired. All five of them were quite friendly, and they wanted to keep the environment casual and comfortable for me, so I was able to speak with ease. They asked questions about my experiences, and wanted to know what kind of person I was. They did not ask difficult technical questions. After the interview, we all went out for lunch at a nearby restaurant. Everybody was courteous and down to earth.

Waste Engineer Interview

Onsite interview with 5 engineers from the office including different levels of employee. The questions are mainly based on your resume. It is a standard interview. Questions are not difficult. Why you choose this company, what is your career plan, etc.

Interview Questions
    • It is a standard interview. Questions are not difficult. Why you choose this company, what is your career plan, etc.   Answer Question

Driver Interview

Get wage quote in writing, they will tell you one thing and you'll end with another.

unable to negotiate. currently looking at other offers

Highway Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CH2M HILL.

Applied online, and got a phone call from HR, saying a manager will call me for a phone interview. Then, just waiting forever and no one contacted me.... Figured out they already hired from some contact, but got an e-mail telling me they filled this position, about three months later...

Group Manager Interview

Interviewed for a position managing other people in a corporate function. Interviewed by several senior managers as well as by some of the people in the group to be managed. People were very attentive during the interview and they each spent at least an hour with me. They asked me to discuss my management style and how my experience related to the position.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of boss are you? What is your leadership style?   Answer Question