CHEP

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CHEP in March 2011.

Interview Details – Typical, phone pre-screen and a single day of interviewing (3 interviews). The 3 interviews were scheduled due to having to travel for the interview.

Interview Question – General behavioral based interview questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior SAP Systems Analyst Interview

Senior SAP Systems Analyst
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CHEP in December 2013.

Interview Details – 1) HR Junior Recruiter call to talk about general stuff, salary expectations, etc.
2) Then he scheduled a call with Hiring Managers who said they would do a Video call like Skype
3) On the day of the call I was all Suited up but nobody called and I waited and waited and then emailed the Junior recruiter who emailed me back that they are busy in a extended meeting and need to reschedule.
4) Telecon Meeting was rescheduled and went on for over an hour - very good meeting - the hiring managers were very detailed in giving a historical background and organizational composition, info, job details, etc.
5) Then another telecon meeting was scheduled with the Director and other directors from other areas - went very well - about 45 minutes or longer.
6) Then did not hear from HR - sent a follow-up email and heard from a senior recruiter who said he is working on offer
7) Email offer received;
8) Negotiated via phone and emails and final offer received with start date.

Interview Question – Interviews were pretty much on experience and personality based focusing on teamwork and interaction in different situations. The people interviewing were nice and made me feel comfortable.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I accepted the offer initially but was unable to join since I had a family emergency 3 days before joining and ended up travelling internationally for more than a month and hence had to decline the offer after accepting. I had done a lot of research on housing, schools, commute time, had talked to apartments, etc.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CHEP.

Interview Details – Very impressed with facilities and everyone I met.

Interview Question – What did your boss tell you to work on in your last review?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Counter offer from current employer

Transportation Analyst Interview

Transportation Analyst
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at CHEP in April 2011.

Interview Details – Hired on spot and prior to interview because managers pick their candidates beforehand. Managers also play favorites so I knew I needed to know someone within to even be considered. I've seen many qualified people not get into role because of what they appear like as opposed to what they can do. Manager also asked me my religion during the process and I wish I had that on tape.

Interview Question – Why is a man hole round?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CHEP in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone call from HR for confirmation and "qualifying". Then scheduled for an interview. Received e-mail (application, directions, interview schedule w/ names and times.
Two interviews: 1. With hiring manager and other managers related to the team (three total).
2. Interview with Director

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected...very typical ex: Where do you see yourself in five years?
What's your strongest/ weakest quality....blah blah blah
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – We are prepared to offer you X. I pushed for a bit more, but did not want to push my luck and took the offer.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CHEP in August 2012.

Interview Details – HR Phone interview; 1 on 2 interview with Direct Manager and Division Sr. Director. Very detailed in what I could bring to the table regarding new business aspects and how I could make a difference.

Interview Question – It was all basic HR questions regarding situations from my past and what I did to overcome obstacles in getting denied for new business and also some of my best wins and how I was able to close the deals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Told them what it would take to get me to come on board and they met my number.

Administrative Interview

Administrative
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CHEP in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for position online. HR in Colorado called and held first interview. 2nd interview was in Atlanta via teleconference.

Interview Question – What is something you regret not doing in your work life.   View Answer

Customer Operations Representative Interview

Customer Operations Representative
Orlando, FL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CHEP.

Interview Details – Make sure you know the business and are prepared. Usually interviewed by several people, including VP's

Interview Question – Usually scenarios and how you would respond   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – didn't need to - liked the offer. Although this was 12 years ago and I was excited about the job

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Orlando, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CHEP in August 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter interview went very well lasted 1 hour over the phone. Had to wait 2 weeks before a call back for in person interview. This consisted of a panel interview and a series of 1:1 interviews. Some were interested in very detailed explanations of previous work and others were general overall to see if I fit into the culture. Waited again for a couple of weeks before finding out no offer.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a difference.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CHEP in March 2010.

Interview Details – There were 2 separate phone interviews with HR, then a panel interview with direct manager, followed by a one on one interview with director of department, then a 2nd panel interview with manager, HR, and director from another department. HR called 3 days later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CHEP? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CHEP interview questions and advice. All 19 interview reviews posted anonymously by CHEP employees and interview candidates.