CHEP

Updated Jun 27, 2014
Updated Jun 27, 2014

3.2

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CHEP.

Very impressed with facilities and everyone I met.

Interview Questions
    • What did your boss tell you to work on in your last review?   Answer Question

Counter offer from current employer

Senior SAP Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CHEP in December 2013.

1) HR Junior Recruiter call to talk about general stuff, salary expectations, etc.
    2) Then he scheduled a call with Hiring Managers who said they would do a Video call like Skype
    3) On the day of the call I was all Suited up but nobody called and I waited and waited and then emailed the Junior recruiter who emailed me back that they are busy in a extended meeting and need to reschedule.
    4) Telecon Meeting was rescheduled and went on for over an hour - very good meeting - the hiring managers were very detailed in giving a historical background and organizational composition, info, job details, etc.
    5) Then another telecon meeting was scheduled with the Director and other directors from other areas - went very well - about 45 minutes or longer.
    6) Then did not hear from HR - sent a follow-up email and heard from a senior recruiter who said he is working on offer
    7) Email offer received;
    8) Negotiated via phone and emails and final offer received with start date.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were pretty much on experience and personality based focusing on teamwork and interaction in different situations. The people interviewing were nice and made me feel comfortable.   Answer Question

I accepted the offer initially but was unable to join since I had a family emergency 3 days before joining and ended up travelling internationally for more than a month and hence had to decline the offer after accepting. I had done a lot of research on housing, schools, commute time, had talked to apartments, etc.

Customer Operations Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CHEP.

Make sure you know the business and are prepared. Usually interviewed by several people, including VP's

Interview Questions
    didn't need to - liked the offer. Although this was 12 years ago and I was excited about the job

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CHEP in December 2012.

Applied for position online. HR in Colorado called and held first interview. 2nd interview was in Atlanta via teleconference.

Interview Questions
    • What is something you regret not doing in your work life.   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CHEP in August 2012.

HR Phone interview; 1 on 2 interview with Direct Manager and Division Sr. Director. Very detailed in what I could bring to the table regarding new business aspects and how I could make a difference.

Interview Questions
    • It was all basic HR questions regarding situations from my past and what I did to overcome obstacles in getting denied for new business and also some of my best wins and how I was able to close the deals.   Answer Question
    Told them what it would take to get me to come on board and they met my number.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CHEP in April 2011.

Applied and took 2 weeks for a Phone interview: Tell me about Chep? Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time you worked as part of a team? Question on what was on the resume. Within 1 week called for a group panel interview: Two interviewers first, then two more then 3 interviewers. Questions about what was on resume, and what are your most interesting courses in collage? How well do you learn new software? Tell me about a time you had to work in a team? What was the result? Why did you get your degree in that filed? Are you able to work Holidays? How would handle a stressful work load if all your task are critical and they are equally important?

Interview Questions
    • Describe how would you handle a heave work load if all your task are critically important and must be completed?   Answer Question

Transportation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at CHEP in April 2011.

Hired on spot and prior to interview because managers pick their candidates beforehand. Managers also play favorites so I knew I needed to know someone within to even be considered. I've seen many qualified people not get into role because of what they appear like as opposed to what they can do. Manager also asked me my religion during the process and I wish I had that on tape.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CHEP in March 2011.

Phone call from HR for confirmation and "qualifying". Then scheduled for an interview. Received e-mail (application, directions, interview schedule w/ names and times.
    Two interviews: 1. With hiring manager and other managers related to the team (three total).
    2. Interview with Director

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected...very typical ex: Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What's your strongest/ weakest quality....blah blah blah
        Answer Question
    We are prepared to offer you X. I pushed for a bit more, but did not want to push my luck and took the offer.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CHEP in March 2011.

Typical, phone pre-screen and a single day of interviewing (3 interviews). The 3 interviews were scheduled due to having to travel for the interview.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CHEP in January 2011.

They call you for a phone interview. If you make it to the next step, you are called in for an interview with multiple people in a row. It takes a couple of hours. Some of them may be in groups but some are individual.