CHG Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.8

Corporate Meeting Planner Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CHG Healthcare.

Submitted application over the weekend, heard on Thursday about an interview-scheduled for following Monday. After the interview I with a recruiter, I was told they would submit the information to the director (person hiring for feedback). After not hearing anything on the following Friday, I called and they had no information for me, told me to call back the following week. Was finally told the next Friday that I was not selected.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a difficult conversation you've had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Administrative Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CHG Healthcare in February 2015.

Low level employees conduct the interviews, immature and unprepared. Have no idea how to conduct interviews or how to recognize talent. Don't even bother applying, they don't care about skill or experience. Horrible with followup and portable communication skills. Very rude very unprofessional.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CHG Healthcare in January 2015.

I was contacted on the phone for the phone screen. After the phone screen you were asked to come in for the in person screen by the same HR recruiter.

The hiring manager was not even involved. The hiring manager picked people to interview based off this one interview. I was contacted via email to be informed they'd be going with other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • What questions do you have for me regarding the position?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online – interviewed at CHG Healthcare.

The process was a phone call interview then meeting in person with two of the sales managers. The managers were very friendly, office and perks seemed great but limited spots and seems pretty competitive

Interview Questions
    • If you got to have lunch with one person who would it be and why?   Answer Question

Client/Physician Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CHG Healthcare.

People in the office were portrayed as a "best friend". The interviews were personable and very laid back. I felt that I could be myself 100%. Great interviewing process. Unfortunately, that was not carried on once I got the job. The whole interview process did seem to be pretty dragged out. This could have been due to the fact that I initially was interviewing for a non sales role, and after hearing about my background, they offered me a higher base pay with a sales role. Then, I had to interview with the sales team management after I had met with the non sales role management. I met with a lot of people, it was hard to keep them all straight and understand their roles/functions.

Interview Questions
    • They were worried that I did not have enough "backbone" to have to follow-up with co-workers on certain things. They asked, "Do you think you have the tough skin needed for this position?"   Answer Question
    No negotiation. For the screening interview, they made sure I could accept a 30K salary+ commissions before moving forward.

Recruiter Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CHG Healthcare.

You have to interview with 4- 5 different people in person after you have interviewed with a company recruiter. So, you have to go back multiple times. You also interview with the head manager also. A lot of work to hear nothing back.

Physician Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CHG Healthcare.

Total waste of time!
    Contacted by recruiter who described my experience as a "good fit" for the position.
    Did 2 online assessments, phone interview,
    In person interview with recruiter, then interview with 2 directors the following week.
    Only to be told the next day that they had decided not to pursue my candidacy.
    Total waste of time for a position that doesn't even pay that well!

Interview Questions
    • Would you rather have a job that pays high salary and low commissions or low salary and high commissions?   Answer Question

Training and Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CHG Healthcare.

I was referred and recommended by an employee and had a phone interview scheduled within a week.

The recruiter called 25 minutes late for the phone interview and came across as friendly and a bit arrogant, explaining that's how things work at one of the top places to work in America.

I felt the recruiter didn't have a lot of experience doing interviews and could not answer many questions about the position. The interview was not difficult, but the interviewer was.

Interview questions were all generic. I initiated some discussion of their Core values and how training helps instill them.

The recruiter became contentious trying to get me to pinpoint my salary requirements, despite CHG not even providing a salary range. I told her I had spoken with several CHG employees before applying and found their average salary acceptable, but I was more concerned with opportunities for growth and meaningful work. I did give my previous salary, which was in line with the lowest reported salary of those I talked with. The whole exchange felt like a negotiation on salary, when we hadn't even discussed how the position would be a good fit. It felt like bringing up marriage while on a blind date.

For several weeks after the interview I tried to call the interviewer to reaffirm my interest but only got voicemail on the phone. Emails were not returned.

Three months later I logged into the CHG career site to see my status as Reviewed; Not Selected. They did not call, nor even send a form email triggered by a status change.

I spoke with another person with whom CHG initiated contact who had the same experience, except it took longer than 8 months before the status was changed.

Director of Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CHG Healthcare in June 2014.

Received several calls from admin to set up interview. She was very nice but could not answer any base level questions - she deferred to the recruiter. She requested that I come into the office for an interview; however, schedules did not permit. Because they wanted to move quickly, she scheduled a 60 minute phone interview.

The recruiter called me (on time) but quickly told me that she could only commit 30 minutes to our conversation. She explained that she had an internal conflict which she was required to attend. Instead of attempting to re-schedule she launched into a basic old-school resume review. No attempt at building rapport or getting to know me - just confirmed employment dates, titles and responsibilities (all very clear on my resume). At 25 minutes into her drill (and several instances of being put on hold) she told me she was hoping that I had other experience which more closely matched what I will assume was a checklist she was using. I asked her why she called me for an interview. My experience and expertise is very clear on my resume. She explained that she is always interviewing for positions even after they are filled. She was extremely ambiguous regarding if their was an existing position. She made it sound like they deal with a lot of turnover.

I am giving the company the benefit-of-the-doubt and assume that the recruiter was new and has not yet adapted to the human capital centered culture which the company promotes.

Interview Questions
    • Interview extremely one-sided. Basic resume review. Nothing thoughtful.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CHG Healthcare.

The recruiters were friendly and knowledgable. Overall it was a very basic interview initially but I went through about 6 interviews before getting an offer.