CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Updated Dec 19, 2014

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Registered Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System.

Group interview process. Recruiters take forever to get back to you or call you. Once you get called for an interview than it can be difficult to make a time for the group interview. The group interview is a set of standardized questions you must answer in front of a mixed panel of potential co-workers and managers. Once this process is completed it can take several weeks to hear back about status.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't a negotiation phase available

Pharmacist Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System in April 2013.

The company held a hiring conference and potential interns were asked to bring resumes and CVs. The interviews were from fifteen to thirty minutes long and consisted of the usual questions. After the interviews, students were advised to wait a few weeks before expecting to hear anything. Contact was made by phone and email.

Nurse Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System in September 2012.

Peer Review interview

Interview Questions
    • Do you plan in staying in Corpus Christi   View Answer
    Yes with HR

Healthcare Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System in March 2012.

The interview process was a full eight hour day consisting of multiple interviews. At 8am we started with a group interview with all the ancillary managers. The nursing departments interviewed me next. Then I had a one-on-one with the Administrator and a lunch interview with the Medical Director. The department staff interviewed me in two separate groups. I don't believe there was a difference between the two groups other than they were available at different times. I ended the day with an HR interview.

There were tons of behavioral based questions, technical questions by the staff, and the Administrator put me through a bunch of real-life scenarios. He was really straight-forward, and blunt which was a different style than the rest of the interviews. Be prepared to explain in detail why you want to work there and he'll try to put you on the defensive. If you say your challenge is keeping up your staff's morale, he's likely to ask why he should hire you if you haven't figured out how to keep up morale? It was interesting, challenging and fun in a weird way.

Interview Questions
    • I have people that can balance productivity and morale. If you're challenged by that, why should I hire you?   Answer Question
    I made a counter offer that was countered. Met somewhere in the middle. Pretty predictable.