CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Updated Jan 12, 2015

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System.

Interview

Group interview process. Recruiters take forever to get back to you or call you. Once you get called for an interview than it can be difficult to make a time for the group interview. The group interview is a set of standardized questions you must answer in front of a mixed panel of potential co-workers and managers. Once this process is completed it can take several weeks to hear back about status.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase available

HR-Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System in September 2013.

Interview

I was called in for an interview after the application I made online. I walked into their office and started waiting for my appointment. Every single person that noticed me waiting did not hesitate to say "Hi" and most of them even ask me if I need anything in the mean time. I must say it is a very friendly environment. I met with three recruiters in a meeting room for the interview. All of them were so friendly and made me comfortable with the interview before we went into questioning. They used a cross-questioning method and all three employers asked questions without an order. They explained company culture and what they expect from me in a very friendly and professional manner. One of the best interviews that I have had in my career despite the fact that I was not offered for the job.

Pharmacist Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System (Corpus Christi, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

The company held a hiring conference and potential interns were asked to bring resumes and CVs. The interviews were from fifteen to thirty minutes long and consisted of the usual questions. After the interviews, students were advised to wait a few weeks before expecting to hear anything. Contact was made by phone and email.

Nurse Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System in September 2012.

Interview

Peer Review interview

Interview Questions

• Do you plan in staying in Corpus Christi   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes with HR

Healthcare Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CHRISTUS Spohn Health System (Corpus Christi, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a full eight hour day consisting of multiple interviews. At 8am we started with a group interview with all the ancillary managers. The nursing departments interviewed me next. Then I had a one-on-one with the Administrator and a lunch interview with the Medical Director. The department staff interviewed me in two separate groups. I don't believe there was a difference between the two groups other than they were available at different times. I ended the day with an HR interview.

There were tons of behavioral based questions, technical questions by the staff, and the Administrator put me through a bunch of real-life scenarios. He was really straight-forward, and blunt which was a different style than the rest of the interviews. Be prepared to explain in detail why you want to work there and he'll try to put you on the defensive. If you say your challenge is keeping up your staff's morale, he's likely to ask why he should hire you if you haven't figured out how to keep up morale? It was interesting, challenging and fun in a weird way.

Interview Questions

• I have people that can balance productivity and morale. If you're challenged by that, why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I made a counter offer that was countered. Met somewhere in the middle. Pretty predictable.