CHS Inc

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Associate Interview

Engineer Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview Details – applied online, first an email screening followed by a phone interview. the hiring manager call me whilst travelling on road, the call had terrible reception signal I can barely hear his words. for his first question all I heard supposedly a plant manager told me something (i cannot hear what exactly the situation was) and ask me to keep it between the two of us. I interpret the situation as a office gossip so I answered "if it is not against company policy and it does not cause harmful consequence to personnel or society, then I will not tell others". The hiring manager then told that's a WRONG answer and accused me of my integrity... well, okay, and the second question is that the company need to replace forklift trucks (the phone signal was so bad I thought he was saying "ford trucks" the entire interview ), as a plant engineer, what will I do? I answered "I will perform an economic analysis to determine the number of truck needed to be replaced and contact the vendor that can give my company the best deal", he then reply "That's it? you just gonna go off and buy the trucks??" he then went on and told me I should consider all alternatives and create a powerpoint presentation on a conference with all the others engineer and determine the best possible solution to replace the truck, it is also important to determine whether the trucks are battery or propane power....etc etc etc etc...also he said he's surprise I didn't even consider leasing the trucks.

Interview Question – open ended question. he may be asking you something that yields an answer of "2", when you said the answer is "1+1", but it may be a wrong answer because in his mind the correct answer is (1+2)/2+0.5   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Internal Audit
Inver Grove Heights, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CHS Inc in September 2011.

Interview Details – Meet with the Director of Internal Audit and have a casual conversation with him, then meet with a manager level auditor. After that, onto the second round, you come back to talk to the Director of Compliance. Once you are through that interview, they let the recruiter know if it will be a good fit and offer you the position. After that, it's background check and a drug test and then you start!

Interview Question – What will be the most challenging thing for you with changing jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation - I went through a recruiter, so they did it all for me.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Spokane, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CHS Inc in May 2011.

Interview Details – A member of HR will contact you after reviewing your application. Applications can be picked up and turned in at any Cenex Zip Trip store. I turned mine in at the regional office and happened to meet a member of HR. Normally though you will receive a call from a member of HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – There wasn't much room for negotiation. They will work with you as far as getting a specific store. Once hired you will go though a 30 day evaluation period where you must learn and review store policies, mission statement, and other company requirements. You must also have your food handelers permit and class card from liquor control board (WA State Only?)

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Acxcounting Interview

Acxcounting

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CHS Inc in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interesting approach. Written email letters confirming 1) receipt of on-line application submission and 2) notifying applicants if they moved to the next step. I was green-lighted and sent a 15-20 question form asking additional background information and questions about salary, challenges and experiences from work history. Received confirmation email after submitting responses. One week turn-around followed by email notification of no go (didn't make the cut for in-person interviews). Email supplied general selection criteria.

Interview Question – What was your most challenging BLANK? (specific activity related to this role and specialty)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CHS Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CHS Inc interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by CHS Inc employees and interview candidates.