CHS Inc Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.6

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

Prior to start of interview, HR briefed me on company history and benefits. Was interviewed by department director. HR contacted me later that week to schedule time to come in for assessments (basic math/accounting, personality, and abstract patterns). After assessments were completed, was contacted with within a week with job offer. HR person was very personable. Interviewer was casual and less formal. Interview was relaxed and felt more conversational. Interviewer would describe the job and what it entails and would allow time for my reaction/response to the job responsibilities and requirements. To which, I would describe my skills and abilities and how it would contribute to the team. It appeared that the interviewer was interested in someone who was self-motivated, an independent thinker, took initiative, and was interested in continuous improvement.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle multiple projects with multiple deadlines.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

Went through a staffing agency who thought it would be a good fit. Facility was fairly easy to get to and the interview was fairly conventional "tell me about a time when..." I was surprised at how genuinely curious the interviewer was about my technical experience.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CHS Inc (Inver Grove Heights, MN) in January 2015.

Interview

In the beginning, very comfortable and friendly, accommodating and thorough. The initial interview was very professional but when additional people came into the interview to meet the candidate; they seemed put off and inconvenienced. They told you about the job in little increments and gave you a job description sheet. Did not inform you of any type of mentoring or training. Once introduced to the people you would be working with; those people barely looked up from their computers and seemed very cold.

Interview Questions

• all the basic normal canned scripted questions; where do you see yourself in 5 years. Why do you want to work with CHS. Do you Know what CHS stands for? (better know that one) Cenex Harvest States which is NOT the name any longer. It's just CHS. Also, talk about being from a farm background - which most executives are not, but it helps.   1 Answer

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at CHS Inc in January 2015.

Interview

Applied Online through CHS Source, Contacted within 1-week with follow up questionnaire. Following week was called by a hiring manager with more questions and discussed interview opportunities (position required travel to interview). Face to face interview with panel of associated staff and managers with an assesment. Follow-up phone interview with a high level manager via phone. Final offer after about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to add measurable value to this business unit?   Answer Question

Clinical Dietitian Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

Got an initial phone interview asking about working on holidays and weekends. A week later got a call for an in person interview and to meet the director. Met with manager and director. Interview was not hard, rather informal.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate but I should have.

Engineer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CHS Inc.

Interview

applied online, first an email screening followed by a phone interview. the hiring manager call me whilst travelling on road, the call had terrible reception signal I can barely hear his words. for his first question all I heard supposedly a plant manager told me something (i cannot hear what exactly the situation was) and ask me to keep it between the two of us. I interpret the situation as a office gossip so I answered "if it is not against company policy and it does not cause harmful consequence to personnel or society, then I will not tell others". The hiring manager then told that's a WRONG answer and accused me of my integrity... well, okay, and the second question is that the company need to replace forklift trucks (the phone signal was so bad I thought he was saying "ford trucks" the entire interview ), as a plant engineer, what will I do? I answered "I will perform an economic analysis to determine the number of truck needed to be replaced and contact the vendor that can give my company the best deal", he then reply "That's it? you just gonna go off and buy the trucks??" he then went on and told me I should consider all alternatives and create a powerpoint presentation on a conference with all the others engineer and determine the best possible solution to replace the truck, it is also important to determine whether the trucks are battery or propane power....etc etc etc etc...also he said he's surprise I didn't even consider leasing the trucks.

Interview Questions

• open ended question. he may be asking you something that yields an answer of "2", when you said the answer is "1+1", but it may be a wrong answer because in his mind the correct answer is (1+2)/2+0.5   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Inver Grove Heights, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CHS Inc (Inver Grove Heights, MN) in September 2011.

Interview

Meet with the Director of Internal Audit and have a casual conversation with him, then meet with a manager level auditor. After that, onto the second round, you come back to talk to the Director of Compliance. Once you are through that interview, they let the recruiter know if it will be a good fit and offer you the position. After that, it's background check and a drug test and then you start!

Interview Questions

• What will be the most challenging thing for you with changing jobs?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negotiation - I went through a recruiter, so they did it all for me.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CHS Inc (Spokane, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

A member of HR will contact you after reviewing your application. Applications can be picked up and turned in at any Cenex Zip Trip store. I turned mine in at the regional office and happened to meet a member of HR. Normally though you will receive a call from a member of HR.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't much room for negotiation. They will work with you as far as getting a specific store. Once hired you will go though a 30 day evaluation period where you must learn and review store policies, mission statement, and other company requirements. You must also have your food handelers permit and class card from liquor control board (WA State Only?)

Acxcounting Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CHS Inc in May 2010.

Interview

Interesting approach. Written email letters confirming 1) receipt of on-line application submission and 2) notifying applicants if they moved to the next step. I was green-lighted and sent a 15-20 question form asking additional background information and questions about salary, challenges and experiences from work history. Received confirmation email after submitting responses. One week turn-around followed by email notification of no go (didn't make the cut for in-person interviews). Email supplied general selection criteria.

Interview Questions

• What was your most challenging BLANK? (specific activity related to this role and specialty)   Answer Question