CIA

5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CIA in February 2014.

Interview Details – After meeting with the recruiter at a career fair, the next day I got an interview. The interview was easy and fun as long as you remained honest (and signed a do express detail clause). After the interview, I applied online for the position and was contacted to complete some tests. The problem with that is the test kept breaking (I could not get a prompt to come up-which was very frustrating) They sent a conditional offer and asked me to come up to DC for a week to do another interview session and testing. SInce I said no, I did not go past that point.

Interview Question – What is your most difficult situation in a team   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – I did not want to wait a year to start work.

Interviewed at CIA

Interview Details – On-campus recruiters came to my school; I submitted my resume and was asked to come the next day for an on-campus interview for a science/technology analyst. The 2 female interviewers were nice, but asked challenging questions. Maybe 2 weeks later, I was emailed to take online tests -- a personality one and a timed IQ-type test. I thought that I did well enough on the IQ test, but probably didn't pass the personality test (I have anxiety issues that it asked about). I got a rejection letter in the mail a few weeks later.

Interview Question – What is a science/technology issue currently facing the US, and what would you do to address it?   Answer Question

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CIA in January 2008.

Interview Details – The interview lasted for about 1 hour. The questions were both about my professional qualifications, along with my personal situation. At one point the interviewer had me explain to him my understanding of the political situation in a region outside the US. I could choose the region I told him about. The interviewer was very interested to know my language skills.

Interview Question – Tell me, in detail, your understanding of a political situation of a country outside your area of expertise.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CIA in February 2010.

Interview Details – Laid back interview, about a half hour, basic behavioral. Seemed a little unorganized, but the security at the place was intense. After an hour long presentation (nothing new, all mostly found on the website), I waited about two hours before the interview. This was about two months after a lengthy testing process. Open, welcoming.

Interview Question – Explain an experience in which you had to deal with time constraints and many commitments.   Answer Question

Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CIA in September 2009.

Interview Details – It was a normal behavioral interview. One specific question she asked was to relate a current event to the CIA and give a briefing on it. Overall extremely friendly.

Interview Question – Please give a current event that relates to the CIA   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CIA

Worked for CIA? Contribute to the Community!