CIA

Updated Jan 13, 2015

4.0

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

Applied online for an internship, was contacted several months later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was very basic "get to know you" questions.
Once I passed that, I was contacted once again to set up an in-person interview. The interview was conducted at a hotel in Los Angeles. The interview was a one-on-one which lasted several hours with the interviewer asking really in-depth questions.
Was contacted several months later and flown out to VA for yet another interview and screening. This consisted of an online series of questions and essays, as well as a mental health screening. I was told if I passed that I would be brought in for a polygraph and further screening.

Other Interview Reviews for CIA

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

I applied online and luckily got picked up. They flew me out from CA for a 2 day interview process to include a formal interview, and other screening procedures. I don't recall if I got a conditional offer of employment prior to the screening, or if that's why I was sent to the DC area. But I do remember it took me 18 months after my interview to finally get my official offer and start date. Expect additional interviews during your background investigation. Also, if you know foreign nationals, your security clearance may take a long while.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall. It was one tense 2 hour in person interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offered at a certain GS (General Salary) level.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CIA.

I attended a campus recruiting session and earned a campus interview for the next day. Heard back 2 months later with a call and a COE.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Applied online. Got an email telling me to complete an online aptitude test. After that I got another email stating that I will be interviewing in Washington DC. Interview was mostly standard behavior engineering team questions. Stuff about how you would handle working in groups, questions about bad team mates and such.

Interview Questions
    • Describe in exact detail a time when constructive criticism was helpful.   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CIA in April 2009.

Interviewed for the Stokes program. After a long screening process, they fly you in, give you a number of presentations and tours, making you all excited to work for them. Then you spend a day interviewing, the questions in general are pretty tough but its all just a test. A scenario interview question was asked.