CIA

Updated Jan 24, 2015
Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.9

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CIA.

Applied online and was sent a questionnaire about a week later. After submitting that, I was asked to take a series of online assessments, including a writing test and an aptitude test. They then gave me a phone interview, which seemed pretty standard. Most of the questions asked about my previous work experience.

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

Applied online for an internship, was contacted several months later to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was very basic "get to know you" questions.
    Once I passed that, I was contacted once again to set up an in-person interview. The interview was conducted at a hotel in Los Angeles. The interview was a one-on-one which lasted several hours with the interviewer asking really in-depth questions.
    Was contacted several months later and flown out to VA for yet another interview and screening. This consisted of an online series of questions and essays, as well as a mental health screening. I was told if I passed that I would be brought in for a polygraph and further screening.

IT Project Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

This is a truly ridiculous process. The interviewing is standard but it is followed with a 18 month background investigation, polygraph and months os silence. If the CIA says they want you do not give your notice. It will take another year and at any time you can't a call saying sorry we changed our minds and you will never get any feedback.

After a year of waiting I was able to negotiate a new salary

Financial Resource Officer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

What skills would you bring to job? Also pretty much behaivoral questions like why do you think you are suited for this job? Have you ever been faced with a disoriented member?

Technical Intelligence Officier Interview

Visited the website, fill out the online application, wait 5 months for a real reply,
    request you do a online test (which is stupid for someone currently working in intelligence community at the time with over 30+ years - looking to transfer from Agency to Agency), not told of the results, the application have major flaws and problems that would cause issues for you fill in correctly.

Interview Questions
    • The questions on the test are general, ever travel outside the US? Where and why? Have you ever taken drugs? If so, what kind? etc.....   Answer Question
    • Technical interview questions are, at least for my career field; explain how you would do this or that and why, If you were a leader, how would you handle personnel issues, etc.   Answer Question

National Clandestine Service Summer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

As expected, the process was long and vague. The interviews were conducted by a HR rep not connected to the NCS. The interview was very probing and it felt as if its goal was to put you out of your comfort zone.

Interview Questions
    • How does your proudest accomplishment negatively affect your personality and lifestyle?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

I applied online and luckily got picked up. They flew me out from CA for a 2 day interview process to include a formal interview, and other screening procedures. I don't recall if I got a conditional offer of employment prior to the screening, or if that's why I was sent to the DC area. But I do remember it took me 18 months after my interview to finally get my official offer and start date. Expect additional interviews during your background investigation. Also, if you know foreign nationals, your security clearance may take a long while.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall. It was one tense 2 hour in person interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offered at a certain GS (General Salary) level.

Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at CIA in April 2014.

Went to a job fair and was given an online job fair website. Attended the online Job fair and was asked to rate the responses and an overall review of the recruiters. I gave an honest opinion on the review that i expected more from them when i came to my question being ignored. I asked the same question as everyone else regarding my specific college degree but everyone else recieved an answer. Still applied to the job opening and about a week later i received an email asking to complete an essay and a personality test. A few days later i was scheduled for an interview.

Attended the interview. Very relaxed (Or it could've just been me being very calm). Panel type, 2 HR reps interviewed me at the same time for about 10-15 minutes then i switched rooms with another candidate and sat down with 2 other HR reps and continued the second part of the interview. Went well.

About a week later i received a phone call explaining the offer, i excepted and was mailed my info packet. Filled it all out within a few days and mailed it back in on or around April 19th. Completed phone interview about a month later. All questions about my past drug use and behavior question. About 6 months later i called to inform them that i will be out of touch for 2 months due to joining reserves and i was given the ok. about a week later i was mailed a letter revoking my offer due to something happening with my paperwork. No further details were given but my info was never submitted for a background investigation (I know this because my recruiter had to submit a request and since you aren't allowed to submit for a clearance twice and she told me i was never looked at for one.) Bummer....

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. All common sense and about situations from previous jobs.   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Analyst Interview

On-campus recruiters came to my school; I submitted my resume and was asked to come the next day for an on-campus interview for a science/technology analyst. The 2 female interviewers were nice, but asked challenging questions. Maybe 2 weeks later, I was emailed to take online tests -- a personality one and a timed IQ-type test. I thought that I did well enough on the IQ test, but probably didn't pass the personality test (I have anxiety issues that it asked about). I got a rejection letter in the mail a few weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What is a science/technology issue currently facing the US, and what would you do to address it?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CIA.

I attended a campus recruiting session and earned a campus interview for the next day. Heard back 2 months later with a call and a COE.