CIA Interview Questions

Updated Jan 24, 2015

2.9

Interview

Applied online. Got an email telling me to complete an online aptitude test. After that I got another email stating that I will be interviewing in Washington DC. Interview was mostly standard behavior engineering team questions. Stuff about how you would handle working in groups, questions about bad team mates and such.

Interview Questions

• Describe in exact detail a time when constructive criticism was helpful.   Answer Question

Core Collector Interview

Interview

Standard phone interview followed up by many more steps. A lot of this can not be disclosed due to the security of this job. It is extremely bureaucratic (it is the government after all) and if you are in search of a "quick fill" position this is not it. The average time is 12-18 months for the whole hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Pretty much standard behavioral interview questions. Be prepared to do a lot of research and be fully investing in this one position.   Answer Question

Interview

Took 9 months between resume submittal and interview.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CIA.

Interview

after you fill out online application, you receive a survey/personality assessment, then interviews, and background check.

Interview Questions

• they don't tell you the test is actually timed.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

On-campus recruiters came to my school; I submitted my resume and was asked to come the next day for an on-campus interview for a science/technology analyst. The 2 female interviewers were nice, but asked challenging questions. Maybe 2 weeks later, I was emailed to take online tests -- a personality one and a timed IQ-type test. I thought that I did well enough on the IQ test, but probably didn't pass the personality test (I have anxiety issues that it asked about). I got a rejection letter in the mail a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is a science/technology issue currently facing the US, and what would you do to address it?   Answer Question

Intelligence Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

Interview

I applied online and luckily got picked up. They flew me out from CA for a 2 day interview process to include a formal interview, and other screening procedures. I don't recall if I got a conditional offer of employment prior to the screening, or if that's why I was sent to the DC area. But I do remember it took me 18 months after my interview to finally get my official offer and start date. Expect additional interviews during your background investigation. Also, if you know foreign nationals, your security clearance may take a long while.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall. It was one tense 2 hour in person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered at a certain GS (General Salary) level.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

Interview

As expected, the process was long and vague. The interviews were conducted by a HR rep not connected to the NCS. The interview was very probing and it felt as if its goal was to put you out of your comfort zone.

Interview Questions

• How does your proudest accomplishment negatively affect your personality and lifestyle?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at CIA.

Interview

What skills would you bring to job? Also pretty much behaivoral questions like why do you think you are suited for this job? Have you ever been faced with a disoriented member?

Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at CIA (Arlington, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Went to a job fair and was given an online job fair website. Attended the online Job fair and was asked to rate the responses and an overall review of the recruiters. I gave an honest opinion on the review that i expected more from them when i came to my question being ignored. I asked the same question as everyone else regarding my specific college degree but everyone else recieved an answer. Still applied to the job opening and about a week later i received an email asking to complete an essay and a personality test. A few days later i was scheduled for an interview.

Attended the interview. Very relaxed (Or it could've just been me being very calm). Panel type, 2 HR reps interviewed me at the same time for about 10-15 minutes then i switched rooms with another candidate and sat down with 2 other HR reps and continued the second part of the interview. Went well.

About a week later i received a phone call explaining the offer, i excepted and was mailed my info packet. Filled it all out within a few days and mailed it back in on or around April 19th. Completed phone interview about a month later. All questions about my past drug use and behavior question. About 6 months later i called to inform them that i will be out of touch for 2 months due to joining reserves and i was given the ok. about a week later i was mailed a letter revoking my offer due to something happening with my paperwork. No further details were given but my info was never submitted for a background investigation (I know this because my recruiter had to submit a request and since you aren't allowed to submit for a clearance twice and she told me i was never looked at for one.) Bummer....

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. All common sense and about situations from previous jobs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CIA in February 2014.

Interview

After meeting with the recruiter at a career fair, the next day I got an interview. The interview was easy and fun as long as you remained honest (and signed a do express detail clause). After the interview, I applied online for the position and was contacted to complete some tests. The problem with that is the test kept breaking (I could not get a prompt to come up-which was very frustrating) They sent a conditional offer and asked me to come up to DC for a week to do another interview session and testing. SInce I said no, I did not go past that point.

Interview Questions

• What is your most difficult situation in a team   2 Answers

I did not want to wait a year to start work.