CIBC Associate Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
- Popular Job Titles:
- Customer Service Representative (35)
- Financial Services Representative II (22)
- Financial Services Representative (19)
- Customer Services Representative (10)
- Financial Service Representative (10)
- Financial Analyst (4)
- Technical Analyst (4)
- Manager (4)
- Business Analyst (4)
- Financial Service Representative II (3)
- Administrative Assistant (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Applications Developer (3)
- Personal Banking Representative (3)
- Business Systems Analyst (3)
- Marketing Analyst (2)
- Risk Management Analyst (2)
- Project Control Officer (2)
- Senior Financial Services Representative (2)
- Director (2)
- Summer Analyst (2)
- Financial Advisor (2)
- IT Developer (2)
- Senior Manager (2)
- Senior Project Manager (2)
- Senior Applications Developer (2)
- Senior Customer Service Representative (1)
- Teller (1)
- General Occupation (1)
- Banking (1)
Associate Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CIBC in September 2011.
Interview Details – The interview was for an Associate position within CIBC's Technology Leadership Associate Program (TLAP). It was in a group interview format with two interviewers. Overall, the interview atmosphere was very relaxed and the interviewers (one of whom was a current TLAP associate) took a lot of notes in the process.
They started off by asking questions such as 'Why TLAP', 'Walk me through your resume', 'What are your career goals'. They then went on to ask some situational/behavioural questions.
- Describe a failure you faced.
- What did you learn from the failure?
- Give an example when you applied that learning.
- Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to agree to your viewpoint.
- Explain your weaknesses.
- Do you have any questions for me?
Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to agree to your viewpoint. Answer Question
Interviews for Top Jobs at CIBC