CIBC

CIBC Associate Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CIBC in September 2011.

The interview was for an Associate position within CIBC's Technology Leadership Associate Program (TLAP). It was in a group interview format with two interviewers. Overall, the interview atmosphere was very relaxed and the interviewers (one of whom was a current TLAP associate) took a lot of notes in the process.

They started off by asking questions such as 'Why TLAP', 'Walk me through your resume', 'What are your career goals'. They then went on to ask some situational/behavioural questions.

- Describe a failure you faced.
- What did you learn from the failure?
- Give an example when you applied that learning.
- Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to agree to your viewpoint.
- Explain your weaknesses.
- Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to agree to your viewpoint.   Answer Question