CIBC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Interview

Associate
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CIBC in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was for an Associate position within CIBC's Technology Leadership Associate Program (TLAP). It was in a group interview format with two interviewers. Overall, the interview atmosphere was very relaxed and the interviewers (one of whom was a current TLAP associate) took a lot of notes in the process.

They started off by asking questions such as 'Why TLAP', 'Walk me through your resume', 'What are your career goals'. They then went on to ask some situational/behavioural questions.

- Describe a failure you faced.
- What did you learn from the failure?
- Give an example when you applied that learning.
- Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to agree to your viewpoint.
- Explain your weaknesses.
- Do you have any questions for me?

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you had to persuade someone to agree to your viewpoint.   Answer Question

Worked for CIBC? Contribute to the Community!