CIBC

www.cibc.com

CIBC Business Analyst Interview Questions

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

Fairly standard interview process for a bank. Initial interview was by phone with an HR representative. Standard questions: Name your best strength, name one of your weaknesses, etc. Second interview was with the manager who would be overseeing me. Once again, fairly standard. Asked questions pertaining to confidentiality, compliance, and some specifics pertaining to the job. Was asked to speak in french for a portion of the interview as the position was bilingual.

Interview Questions
  • No questions that were out of the ordinary. Very standard.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CIBC in March 2014.

Very clear and good process.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in December 2009.

CIBC advertised the position through the university's intern office. Received invitation to interview by email. Interview consisted of a number of behavioral-type questions, one case study, and a couple of technical questions. Overall experience of interview was positive, as the HR and supervisor took the candidate seriously. Advice: be prepared for the case study question, because that caught me off guard.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example where you resolved a conflict in a group.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CIBC in October 2009.

Originally communicated with the company through job postings made available by post-secondary institution. I was called and e-mailed to be informed that they would like to formally interview me. I went to their head office for the interview and was made an offer within one week. After this there were many forms that needed to be filled out in order to have them formally hire me.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a situation in which you had caught a co-worker and friend stealing company property?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time in which you were a member of a team that was disfunctional and the steps that you took in order to get the team back on track.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate because it was a co-op position