CIBC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took 3 weeks to make it to the final interview with an intake manager and branch manager ! now waiting for the final call of recruitment !

Interview Question – Role Play of how would you deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Senior Financial Services Representative Interview

Senior Financial Services Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CIBC in October 2011.

Interview Details – At first I did a telephone interview and then it was a panel interview with and hr person and two area managers

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – Event, met with a manager asked me about why I wanted to work there and about the position and why should he chose me

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at CIBC in September 2013.

Interview Details – interview process

Interview Question – tell me about yourself
weakness
strenth
  Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in April 2013.

Interview Details – Very basic questions - please make sure you are prepared for a role play - mine was about a mentor it could be about dealing with a difficult customer.

Interview Question – Describe a sitaution where you had a deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiaitions since it was my first job went with the salary

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source - interviewed at CIBC in March 2013.

Interview Details – At Open House fair or (Initial Phone Interview), they will throw-in couple of Customer Service questions and 1-2 situational based questions, what do you know about the FSR role ?
(The key thing is look them in the eye and answer confidently (without sounding needy), you will get to the next stage. which is on the 3rd floor downtown cibc. 3 person firing up questions which was unexpected and came out of surprize. (2 in-take hiring managers and 1 branch manager) (unnecessary over staffing hr)

Interview Question – - How would you incorporate client relationship management into fsr role
- Other behavourial and situational based questions
- If working on a task how would you take up accountability for that ?
-------------------Most Important----------------
Sales Role Play - FSR (you will be given 5mins to read and analyse)
You will act as FSR and the hiring manager will act as a new client and Employee of cibc where you would help to open a new staff account for Payroll purposes.

You will be evaluated on your Communication Skills, Professionalism, ability to uncover clients potential financial needs as well as influencing skills.
Tips:
- Understand who the customer is i.e. kyc details, Ask Questions
- Listen for Verbal Queues. this will help you uncover immediate and / or future opportunities or referrals
- Take charge of the conversation
  Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Financial Services Representative II
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC in June 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview was scheduled 2 days after I applied online. Amazing efficiency in hiring. Two face to face interviews was scheduled 1 week later. All the interviewees are friendly. However, be prepare is the key to success.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – not negotiable...

Customer Services Representative Interview

Customer Services Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CIBC in August 2010.

Interview Details – telephone interview first, followed by a reference check, and waiting for the panel interview now. Questions like, why do you choose CIBC. Tell me a time that you have exceeded customers expectation, how do they react. Tell me a time you made a mistake. The HR consultant will go through your resume to ask related questions. I was asked 5 references.

Interview Question – tell me a time you made mistakes   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CIBC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CIBC interview questions and advice in Calgary, AB. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by CIBC employees and interview candidates.