CIBC Interview Questions in Canada

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.9

TLAP Interview

Interview

Interview Process was behavioral with few scenario based questions. Questions asked were how would you handle a policy conflict etc. The interviewers had blank faces with no expressions. I learnt that I missed telling them the right stories related to my past experience in a right way. If you are prepared with the stories in STAR format, then you have a good chance.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CIBC.

Interview

30 minute interview however questions were quite unexpected. The questions were mostly based on M&A and the merger model rather than typical valuation and accounting questions expected. Also more casual than anticipating.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CIBC (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone and than face interview, good experience, very polite and helpful people. Made the whole experience very friendly and amiable. It was a great interview environment which was not hostile at all.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

walk in the branch which i saw they were currently hiring, the branch manager interviewed me. Question: tell me about yourself. The manager informed me more than once that I should submit the application online in advance that they can proceed the hiring process.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CIBC in June 2015.

Interview

I walk in and assistant manager told me the branch manager will contact me soon if there might have a position open. then i got the phone call next day and set up an interview for me. assistant manager and branch manager are quite nice. ask me about my resume, past experience, regular behavioural question like csr went out and beyond, deal with difficult customers, s-t l-t goal, what do you want to do if you are hiring etc. i just wait the result.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call interview after 2 weeks. The telephone interview was by HR. The HR person asked plenty of personality test kind of questions then asked why I wanted to work in CIBC, how much I know about the role of CSR, why do I think I am suitable for this position, and how many hours I would be willing to work (there were two positions available). The interview took 20 minutes then she told me that I will be contacted for an interview in the branch. A week later I received a call from branch manager for an interview. It was an easy routine interview. 3 days later I got the offer and the manager told me that they think I am suitable for a financial advisor position but as there is no openings at that point, I can start as CSR and move to FA as soon as there is an opening. This was very valuable for me as it shows how much CIBC provides their employees with the opportunity to grow if they see the potential.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty routine interview: asked about previous work experience, details of my CV, explain a situation you reached a sales goal, explain a case that you went above and beyond your responsibilities, what is your strength, what is your weakness, how do you overcome your weakness, why CIBC, what are your long term career goals, how does your previous employer define you, how do you define yourself, how do your peers define you, any specific salary in mind?, etc. quite easy. JUST BE CONFIDENT!   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

They took 2 weeks to respond to the email. It was a Phone interview. It was with the Hiring Manager. More technical questions than expected. More questions about capital market products, business analysis, SQl knowledge. Behavioural questions

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

No technical question asked. They are nice and easy on intern students. I had lunch with the interviewer and it goes smoothly. Focus on your resume and make sure you know everything if you are an intern like me.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The good thing about CIBC is that they contact you through your e-mail first to set up the phone interview and you can reply with your desired interview time. Quick phone interview, followed by in-person interview that took half an hour behavioural questions and role play. The interviewer was late in interviewing me by 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are right for this position (give three reasons)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

After referred and applying online, I got a phone interview with HR. She said they need another to make decision on who will get 2nd interview because they still need to interview other candidates. She was very friendly and explained about the role really detail. Question about why do you choose this job then I talked about how much I love customer service while I was working at restaurants. That may help.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about customer service representative role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a mistake you made and how you fix it   Answer Question