CIBC

Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.9

233 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CIBC.

i applied, online, got an email to complete an online assessment, got a phone call to a telephone interview and finally an in-person. background check was conducted and i accepted offer.

Customer Services Representative Interview

apply online, submit your resume,after couple days or even week, get email confirm the interview date, 1 phone call, 1 interview with 2 manager. after 1 week get a phone call tell you the result

Interview Questions
    • if i m a customer come in, and how would you introduce the visa card to me .   Answer Question

Credit Card Risk Insights Manager Interview

Hiring Manager directly sent me email asking me go to interview, after the first round, there would be second round with VP. And the last round would meet HR people. In the interview, I was told it's a new team, so the benefit is there's enough opportunity to grow. And as a new team, it's not a typical risk management group, but more like a cross functional team to coordinate related teams.

Interview Questions
    • There was one question out of my expectation, how to expand the card portfolio. It's more like a marketing or product management question.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Friendly approach in professional way and questions were asked based on your daily work life. I loved the interview process and got my results right in two days.I was very excited that I got a chance to work in CIBC

Interview Questions
    able to negotiate and gave fair salary

Customer Service Representative Interview

Went to the open house event at the end of August and got a phone interview at the beginning of November. Passed the phone interview, but no openings currently, waiting for new openings at December and take the final in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • 30 min phone interview, asked normal behavioral questions. tell a time you delivered an exceptional customer service, and what you did make it outstanding. tell a time you have a pass some disappoint massage to the customer. and sales target related problem. why you are qualified for this job, give an example about pay attention to detail. Be prepared and try the best to give the answers that the interviewer wants to hear.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

Was selected for an interview because I was referenced internally. Interview consisted of common behavioral questions such as give an example when you have to serve a difficult customer and how did you respond. Give an example of when you had tension between team members and how did you resolve the situation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source – interviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

I went to the open house at the end of August, and have an opportunity to process an phone interview at the beginning of November. It's 30 min talk, asked some behavioral questions. tell a time you have to send some disappoint information to the customer. what's the challenging part you feel about the job. tell a time you delivered exceptional customer service, and what you did made it outstanding. The phone interview went well, but as there is currently no openings for the position, the interviewer asked me apply later in Dec and move to the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but need to prepare for your answers, and try to keep calm and think about what the interviewer is expecting you to answer.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

Got a phone call 3 weeks after Open House Career interview. I was interviewed by 2 branch managers. They were very nice and we had a warm atmosphere from the beginning of the interview. I simply talked about my own experience and they seemed to like me. Questions including: 3-5 important characteristics of a CSR, how did you achieve your target, when was the time that you were most proud of,... Interview lasted abt 45 minutes.

Procurement Analysis Interview

Standard behaviour questions,some questions about previous work in contracts. Interview was too casual felt that the process was informal as I was waiting at the reception desk for 5 minutes without anyone even manning the desk.

Technical Analyst - Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CIBC.

I applied online through my university for the technology recruitment program. I had to fill out a form rating some of my technical skills. Then they pass on your resume to a team that fits your skills/experience. I got a phone call from HR asking a few simple questions and arranging an interview with the manager. I had the option of a phone interview or in person. I opted for the phone interview. I think the process will differ depending which team you are being interviewed by. In the phone interview they asked standard questions. I didn't think I did very well but shortly after I was called back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They mostly just asked standard questions about how I deal with multitasking, working in a team, dealing with customers   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate initially, as a co-op student it paid better than other jobs. I returned later for another co-op term and was able to negotiate a bit in terms of compensation and hours, but it really depends on your manager.