CIBC Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Ontario, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email to set a phone interview with HR people for the phone.The second round interview is in the branch which I applied for and with two mangers. One of the mangers asks the questions and another was just recording the answers.

Interview Questions

• What if you are unable to help the client?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

It took 3 days to get response from CIBC after I applied for this position. We made an appointment for the phone interview in upcoming Tuesday. It went well and interviewer just asked some questions about your previous experience. He also asked about some behavior questions like how you handle difficult customers. It lasted 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Previous work experience 2. How to deal with difficult customers 3. Why we need to hire you 4 Why you want to leave your current employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

walk in the branch which i saw they were currently hiring, the branch manager interviewed me. Question: tell me about yourself. The manager informed me more than once that I should submit the application online in advance that they can proceed the hiring process.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CIBC in June 2015.

Interview

I walk in and assistant manager told me the branch manager will contact me soon if there might have a position open. then i got the phone call next day and set up an interview for me. assistant manager and branch manager are quite nice. ask me about my resume, past experience, regular behavioural question like csr went out and beyond, deal with difficult customers, s-t l-t goal, what do you want to do if you are hiring etc. i just wait the result.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call interview after 2 weeks. The telephone interview was by HR. The HR person asked plenty of personality test kind of questions then asked why I wanted to work in CIBC, how much I know about the role of CSR, why do I think I am suitable for this position, and how many hours I would be willing to work (there were two positions available). The interview took 20 minutes then she told me that I will be contacted for an interview in the branch. A week later I received a call from branch manager for an interview. It was an easy routine interview. 3 days later I got the offer and the manager told me that they think I am suitable for a financial advisor position but as there is no openings at that point, I can start as CSR and move to FA as soon as there is an opening. This was very valuable for me as it shows how much CIBC provides their employees with the opportunity to grow if they see the potential.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty routine interview: asked about previous work experience, details of my CV, explain a situation you reached a sales goal, explain a case that you went above and beyond your responsibilities, what is your strength, what is your weakness, how do you overcome your weakness, why CIBC, what are your long term career goals, how does your previous employer define you, how do you define yourself, how do your peers define you, any specific salary in mind?, etc. quite easy. JUST BE CONFIDENT!   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

After referred and applying online, I got a phone interview with HR. She said they need another to make decision on who will get 2nd interview because they still need to interview other candidates. She was very friendly and explained about the role really detail. Question about why do you choose this job then I talked about how much I love customer service while I was working at restaurants. That may help.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about customer service representative role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a mistake you made and how you fix it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ponoka, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Ponoka, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

They're. Not interested in hiring you if you have any aspirations to move up in the company. The interview was a waste of time. If you plan on being a customer service rep the rest of your career you'll have a chance.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The telephone interview was not as friendly as I expected. It was like an interrogation and made me feel guilty for applying. I was nervous as it was my first interview. No additional questions, no empathy at all. Maybe I had a bad luck with the HR person.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

So far I have been only through the telephone interview. HR was very easygoing and polite. At first she asked some questions about my availability for work and training, then told me about the job itself. Then she asked some questions based on my resume (where and when I had worked) and found out some details about my previous job responsibilities. There also came a number of behavioral questions. The interview lasted for 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• - what CS is about, the responsibilities of CSR; - how you learnt about this position; - why you want to work for CIBC; - the last time you went out and beyond to help a customer; - a time you made a mistake and the outcome; - a time you had to announce unpleasant news to a customer; - if you happened to work on several projects at a time;   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CIBC (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied numerous times over the course of a few months. I finally got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. That took place three days later and was pretty well handled. It was meant to last 20-30 minutes but lasted 42 minutes, which apparently is a good thing. I used Google to prep for possible questions in a phone interview for that role and that helped a lot. She ended up asking fewer questions than I expected and the easiest of all possible questions. Was told she was giving her recommendation and will actively pursue me getting a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time you had to handle a customer's complaints/bad situation and turned it into a positive.   Answer Question
    • What are your short term and long term goals?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work as a CSR and why at CIBC?   Answer Question
    • She also asked questions to be sure I knew what the job responsibilities were, if I applied to any other positions, and all standard resume and experience questions.   Answer Question