CIBC Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Ontario, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied online, and a week later I received an email to set a phone interview with HR people for the phone.The second round interview is in the branch which I applied for and with two mangers. One of the mangers asks the questions and another was just recording the answers.

Interview Questions

• What if you are unable to help the client?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

It is quite sad to see how they invite candidates for an open house but even fail to even take a proper interview. I just went there to hear from an interviewer that I do not have much work experience and they have better candidates on hand. Makes me wonder why they even bothered to do the open house if they were not inviting people from different background. I have a Financial Planning Degree and a Bachelors in Commerce but still I am not good enough for CIBC. TD takes people with Hotel Management degree just when they see that they have a passion to learn and thats why TD gives better customer service than CIBC can ever dream of because their employees are humble.

Regina CIBC, I am just sad that you even employ people who cant even take proper interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at CIBC (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I got face to face interview after Career Open House. It was one of the best interview I have ever had. I was interviewed by the assistant branch manager and the branch manager. They both were very friendly and nice. They hired someone internally so I couldn't get the job but still they called me and apologized personally. It was very nice of them.

Interview Questions

• What was your previous work experiences? What are your greatest strengths? What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

I got an referral, then was interviewed by HR on the phone. Manager called me a week later to schedule an in person interview. Met with on-boarding manager and branch manager. I was not informed that I was going to be interviewed with the branch manager as well, so that was a small surprise. Went on for a bit longer than half an hour.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role-play, where the manager pretended to be a student customer and I was supposed to sell her a CIBC card. Was given 5 minutes to prepare and study the CIBC card brochure.
      List 3 qualities of CSR

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Applied online,next day,I received phone interview with HR about 30 mins.one week later,i found another CSR position available,send the job No. to the HR.about week later,received a E-mail said Face to Face interview at Mississauga near Square One.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service representative do.
      Past sales experiences
      What do you see yourself in next 5 years.
      Past working experiences linked to Up and Cross selling

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Referral from employee after a week got a call from a branch manager....face to face interview.. .basic interview.behavioral.scenarios about customer service...tell me about yourself.how to deal with customer complains.past experience...no negotiation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Referred by another Employee and i had telephonic interview. After two days i got mail for face to face interview. it take 45 minutes telephonic interview and 30 min face to face interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CIBC.

Interview

i applied, online, got an email to complete an online assessment, got a phone call to a telephone interview and finally an in-person. background check was conducted and i accepted offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CIBC (Fredericton, NB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

The HR lady gave me an approximate 30 mins telephone interview. It's basically regarding to your personal characters, your previous working experience. And for the former one, usually they would require you to give examples relative to prove your personality or your skills. In the end of the interview, I got a chance to ask them back about what my concern would be about this position as well as my expectation.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example that you have to deal with an difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Interview

apply online, submit your resume,after couple days or even week, get email confirm the interview date, 1 phone call, 1 interview with 2 manager. after 1 week get a phone call tell you the result

Interview Questions

• if i m a customer come in, and how would you introduce the visa card to me .   Answer Question