CIBC Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in May 2014.

I applied online, and a week later I received an email to set a phone interview with HR people for the phone.The second round interview is in the branch which I applied for and with two mangers. One of the mangers asks the questions and another was just recording the answers.

Interview Questions
  • What if you are unable to help the client?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Customer Service Representative Interview

It is quite sad to see how they invite candidates for an open house but even fail to even take a proper interview. I just went there to hear from an interviewer that I do not have much work experience and they have better candidates on hand. Makes me wonder why they even bothered to do the open house if they were not inviting people from different background. I have a Financial Planning Degree and a Bachelors in Commerce but still I am not good enough for CIBC. TD takes people with Hotel Management degree just when they see that they have a passion to learn and thats why TD gives better customer service than CIBC can ever dream of because their employees are humble.

Regina CIBC, I am just sad that you even employ people who cant even take proper interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CIBC.

I got an referral, then was interviewed by HR on the phone. Manager called me a week later to schedule an in person interview. Met with on-boarding manager and branch manager. I was not informed that I was going to be interviewed with the branch manager as well, so that was a small surprise. Went on for a bit longer than half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to role-play, where the manager pretended to be a student customer and I was supposed to sell her a CIBC card. Was given 5 minutes to prepare and study the CIBC card brochure.
      List 3 qualities of CSR

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

Applied online,next day,I received phone interview with HR about 30 mins.one week later,i found another CSR position available,send the job No. to the HR.about week later,received a E-mail said Face to Face interview at Mississauga near Square One.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service representative do.
      Past sales experiences
      What do you see yourself in next 5 years.
      Past working experiences linked to Up and Cross selling

Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CIBC.

Referral from employee after a week got a call from a branch manager....face to face interview.. .basic interview.behavioral.scenarios about customer service...tell me about yourself.how to deal with customer complains.past experience...no negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CIBC.

Referred by another Employee and i had telephonic interview. After two days i got mail for face to face interview. it take 45 minutes telephonic interview and 30 min face to face interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CIBC.

i applied, online, got an email to complete an online assessment, got a phone call to a telephone interview and finally an in-person. background check was conducted and i accepted offer.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CIBC in December 2014.

The HR lady gave me an approximate 30 mins telephone interview. It's basically regarding to your personal characters, your previous working experience. And for the former one, usually they would require you to give examples relative to prove your personality or your skills. In the end of the interview, I got a chance to ask them back about what my concern would be about this position as well as my expectation.

Interview Questions
    • Give us an example that you have to deal with an difficult customer.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

apply online, submit your resume,after couple days or even week, get email confirm the interview date, 1 phone call, 1 interview with 2 manager. after 1 week get a phone call tell you the result

Interview Questions
    • if i m a customer come in, and how would you introduce the visa card to me .   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Went to the open house event at the end of August and got a phone interview at the beginning of November. Passed the phone interview, but no openings currently, waiting for new openings at December and take the final in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • 30 min phone interview, asked normal behavioral questions. tell a time you delivered an exceptional customer service, and what you did make it outstanding. tell a time you have a pass some disappoint massage to the customer. and sales target related problem. why you are qualified for this job, give an example about pay attention to detail. Be prepared and try the best to give the answers that the interviewer wants to hear.   Answer Question