CIBC

Average Difficulty
46 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – two phone calls then follow by two managers. The managers are really nice. Its more like casual convocations. Some repeated questions.a lot of behaviour questions“What have you done to promote great customer service?”.

Interview Question – basic questions. a lot of behaviour questions   Answer Question

London, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in May 2014.

Interview Details – I got some questions ,such as what do you think about the CSR role, could you give us a example for how to deal with the complain customer? describe how do you express you in one teamwork.

Customer Services Representative

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by in person interview with 2 managers

Interview Question – greatest weakness   View Answer

Negotiation Details – there was no negotiation

Customer Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in February 2012.

Interview Details – A panel interview, and just asked me my experience with customer service and finance

Interview Question – How I deal with difficult situations   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had a referral from my friend, once she sent my resume to her manager, after few hours I got a call and be ranged a telephone interview in two days. The telephone interview just goes with behavior questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Your previous job?Why do u leave?What skills have you got?
One time how would you handle a difficult customer?
Had any target before?How did you achieve?
  View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Email first arranged a time to call. Phone call interview. Ask several questions such as, what's your career goal in the next few years. Why CIBC. Salary expectation. how do you deal with upset customer, give me a example. cashier experiences? Ok with night shift? What do you know about CSR? have you required to meet sales targets, what's that?

Interview Question – nothing difficult. just make sure you are fully prepared.   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took 3 weeks to make it to the final interview with an intake manager and branch manager ! now waiting for the final call of recruitment !

Interview Question – Role Play of how would you deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through the CIBC website and didn't hear anything for a few weeks. I decided to call the branch and asked to speak to the manager. She was unavailable so I left a voicemail and the next day I received an email from HR for a phone interview. About 3-4 days after the phone interview the hiring manager called me for an in-person meeting. Following that meeting, I was offered a job about a week later, but it took nearly 4 weeks to actually start working.

Interview Question – Very basic, focused on past experience working in a retail environment. Phone interview was purely behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – Got a phone call. The interviewer asked me if I was still interested in the position and made some brief comments about the position. Scheduled a phone interview for the following week. It phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. She called back few days later to schedule an in person interview. Was asked behavioural questions.

Interview Question – Was given a case question and asked how i would rectify the situation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – HR will call and ask a few questions (Speak slow because they're typing it word for word on their computer). Then you will get a call from the branch manager to come in for an interview. They basically asked the same questions as the HR person did. Be friendly and try turning into more of a conversation rather than just question-answer-question-answer. The branch manager will then call you to tell you you're hired, it's then a month training and your on by yourself after that.

Interview Question – All the questions are about solving problems in your past jobs. Then typical ones as far as why you chose CIBC and where do you see yourself in the future.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation for CSR. Either take the job or don't

Worked for CIBC? Contribute to the Community!