CIBC Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

Interview

first interview was a prescreen telephone interview, about 20mins, just general questions, and asked about your resume, previous work experience, completed CSC, focus on sales experience. having sales exp and CSC competed are definitely helpful for the interview. questions about what do you know about this job (financial advisor), where did you apply, tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about this job (financial advisor), where did you apply, tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIBC (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was first contacted by the hiring manager, and grilled me with very difficult questions regarding financial planning, assets under management, as well as the serving clients. It was one of the most difficult interviews I've had in a while. She then told me that she was not sure if the branch manager will contact me, but she would put in a word for me. She gave me a time frame when to expect a call. I received the call from the branch manager who schedule my interview together with the district manager. They asked me a few questions about how to deal with clients, what I knew about financial planning, what I think about cold calls. What I liked about this interview is that the district manager laid everything out on the table, what to expect in this job and all. He was very frank and straight up front. I also needed to have a third interview where I was asked what my thoughts were after the second interview we've had.

Interview Questions

• what can you offer to the table?   1 Answer

Negotiation

tried, but i did a lot of research and I didn't have the accreditation they were looking for to put me at a higher starting bracket.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

five rounds of interview, long, detailed, over the phone and in person