CIBC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC in February 2012.

Interview Details – five rounds of interview, long, detailed, over the phone and in person

Interview Question – nothing specific   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the hiring manager, and grilled me with very difficult questions regarding financial planning, assets under management, as well as the serving clients.
It was one of the most difficult interviews I've had in a while. She then told me that she was not sure if the branch manager will contact me, but she would put in a word for me. She gave me a time frame when to expect a call. I received the call from the branch manager who schedule my interview together with the district manager. They asked me a few questions about how to deal with clients, what I knew about financial planning, what I think about cold calls. What I liked about this interview is that the district manager laid everything out on the table, what to expect in this job and all. He was very frank and straight up front. I also needed to have a third interview where I was asked what my thoughts were after the second interview we've had.

Interview Question – what can you offer to the table?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – tried, but i did a lot of research and I didn't have the accreditation they were looking for to put me at a higher starting bracket.

Worked for CIBC? Contribute to the Community!