CIBC

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CIBC in May 2014.

Interview Details – Role playing game on the phone. Had to sell a credit card to a client (Aerogold or CIBC Select). They expect you to ask a lot of questions in the interview.

Interview Question – Talk to me about yourself. Describe a moment when you performed well in a team environment.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – Applied through the CIBC careers page. Received an email within a day or two regarding phone interview. This email was very professional and it clearly stated when the lady would be calling me and to confirm that the day/time was good.

The phone interview was easy and personable. The interviewer was "warm" but not phony, asked decent questions regarding my resume and cover letter. Not one question blindsided me. She told me she liked my tone and she liked what I had to say, and stated that she would recommend me for an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was a mixed bag. Two people interviewed me, one was nice and articulate, the other, a younger fellow was cold, had a snobbish air about him and clearly wasn't interested in me (I felt it right away). The questions were not too difficult, but they were very much all about the same theme "am I really OK to call X number of people a day to score 4 meetings a day"? A question in particular that turned me off from the interview right on the spot was when he asked me what I would do if I didn't meet the quota for the day. Quota? At that point I was merely respectful but made zero effort to impress.

Didn't get an offer, which I agreed with. I wouldn't have hired me either as per questions making it clear that this was not going to be a good fit for my talents and skills.

Interview Question – What would you do if you didn't meet the quota for the day? (referring to making sure that I always had at least 4 meetings booked as per the 30-60 calls every day I'd have to make to get my "clients" to come and meet with me so I could sign them up on credit cards, etc.)   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call for a phone interview and then an in-person interview. The HR manager was very easy-going. the questions were very basic regarding my past work experience and why I was interested in the role.
Questions like why I quit certain roles from my past work experience?

Interview Question – How do you build trust with your customers?   Answer Question

Interviewed at CIBC

Interview Details – I went to the open house and received a phone interview then a in person interview.

Interview Question – I was given a scenario for role-playing, a member of interview panel was playing a customer role, I was given a role of FSR, the other two member of the panel observing interaction.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in April 2014.

Interview Details – Just had a phone interview with CIBC hr person, a lot of questions about sales. What would you do to meet sales target? Have you had sales targets before? How do you handle rejections? They went through my job history and asked specific questions about each of them. Nothing too difficult or intimidating. They triple make sure that you are available to work during the time of operation and make commitment for at least a year. In person interview tomorrow. They told me that there will be a role play, to promote 3 different types of credit cards.

Interview Question – When was the last time you influenced a coworker/ colleague/ friend? How did you do it? Be specific.   Answer Question

Interviewed at CIBC

Interview Details – I received an email and after a week the HR department called me for an interview.

Interview Question – Nothing special/Difficult. why FSR position, why CIBC, tell me about your self, and some behavioral questions, when are you available to work? are you able to work on weekends? ...   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online - Telephone interview first and face to face panel interview after that

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had to deal with an ethical issue & describe a situation when a client did not trust you and what you did to win trust   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CIBC in February 2014.

Interview Details – I was applying online from their corporate website, 4-5 business days after I got a telephone interview(they ask you to call them).
In the very first beginning, they confirmed with you about your availability to work, if you can legally work in Canada, if you are willing to give them your SIN number, etc. Questions are quite standard, include: Why would you like to work for CIBC, did you work in a call centre environment before, any customer service before, etc.

HR recruiter was very kind and easy to talk to. Can't think of a downside.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in March 2014.

Interview Details – The overall interview process was very quick. Got an email within few hours f applying to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview was then given a final interview in 2 days. Entire process was less than a week. Was interviewed by two people.

Interview Question – What can you offer to this role?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another position.

Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received invitation to interview email a couple weeks later, interviewed, and still havent heard back one week later. i take that as a bad sign.

Interview Question – the mock call was challenging.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CIBC

Worked for CIBC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CIBC Financial Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 29 interview reviews posted anonymously by CIBC employees and interview candidates.