CIBC Financial Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2015
Updated Feb 6, 2015

3.1

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got an email and asked to set up interview the next day with a specified time. It was a basic interview, the hr recruiter was reading off her questionnaire and typing the answers as I spoke. Interview ended well and she told me I would be contacted by a branch manager within two weeks or else to contact her. Its been more than two weeks now and haven't heard back from either.

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavioral Questions
    Sales target jobs, cold calling

1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Financial Service Representative Interview

Interview

In person, handed in the resume to the branch directly. and waited for several days, and got a call from branch manager to set up a time for an interview. the interview was simple and not too long. most likely behavioural questions. I did not get the offer because they already hired someone internally,

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, how do you deal with busy hours, what did you do to meet the sales target.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First there was a phone interview, took about 40 minutes, lots of behavioral questions. Then a face to face interview that had a 30 mins questions session and a phone call role play that resulted in a sale. Hiring manager and a VP were doing the interview. Overall, a good experience, standard questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. Why do you want this job? Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions

• Why did you not work for 2 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Advised me about salary and hours, had to sign a few documents. Reference check was after that.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to an open house and I gave my resume. They called me after 20 days and I had a phone interview. He asked me about my education and experience in the role.We talked about the locations where they had availability.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

applied on line and got interview call which was around an hour long. lots of questions asked about customer services related skills and my respond in case when there is any kind of dispute with customer.

Interview Questions

• they asked me to act like actual FSR and deal with them as they are customer.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview process involved a role play scenario. Interviewer was highly critical. Interview was great up until the role play was brought into the interview. Hiring process was for the most part painless. You must open an account for payroll. Was charged service charges before first pay. The critic by the interviewer was quite harsh. Role play felt very fake.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Firm offer. No negotiation

Financial Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CIBC (Windsor, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through the CIBC careers page. Received an email within a day or two regarding phone interview. This email was very professional and it clearly stated when the lady would be calling me and to confirm that the day/time was good.

The phone interview was easy and personable. The interviewer was "warm" but not phony, asked decent questions regarding my resume and cover letter. Not one question blindsided me. She told me she liked my tone and she liked what I had to say, and stated that she would recommend me for an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was a mixed bag. Two people interviewed me, one was nice and articulate, the other, a younger fellow was cold, had a snobbish air about him and clearly wasn't interested in me (I felt it right away). The questions were not too difficult, but they were very much all about the same theme "am I really OK to call X number of people a day to score 4 meetings a day"? A question in particular that turned me off from the interview right on the spot was when he asked me what I would do if I didn't meet the quota for the day. Quota? At that point I was merely respectful but made zero effort to impress.

Didn't get an offer, which I agreed with. I wouldn't have hired me either as per questions making it clear that this was not going to be a good fit for my talents and skills.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you didn't meet the quota for the day? (referring to making sure that I always had at least 4 meetings booked as per the 30-60 calls every day I'd have to make to get my "clients" to come and meet with me so I could sign them up on credit cards, etc.)   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

Interview

I applied online, got a call for a phone interview and then an in-person interview. The HR manager was very easy-going. the questions were very basic regarding my past work experience and why I was interested in the role.
    Questions like why I quit certain roles from my past work experience?

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CIBC (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in May 2014.

Interview

Role playing game on the phone. Had to sell a credit card to a client (Aerogold or CIBC Select). They expect you to ask a lot of questions in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about yourself. Describe a moment when you performed well in a team environment.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

I went to the open house and received a phone interview then a in person interview.

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario for role-playing, a member of interview panel was playing a customer role, I was given a role of FSR, the other two member of the panel observing interaction.   Answer Question