CIBC

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.9

29 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Representative II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

Applied online, had a short phone interview. After the phone interview we met in person at a local branch. The next week I was called and offered a job.

Interview Questions
  • Why should we pick you over the other candidates   View Answer

Took job at TD, same level. I just liked the idea of working for a bigger bank in the same community.

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CIBC.

Applied online, got a call from the hiring manager the same day. Had first interview the next day and final interview 2 days later. No face to face because I was in Toronto and job was in Regina.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

Got a call from the recruiter, had a brief phone interview, and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with the manager. Mostly behavioral questions about your experience in customer services. He asked for CSC, and explained the training program, compensations and benefits at the beginning of the interview.

Financial Service Representative II Interview

interviewed at CIBC in May 2014.

3 rounds of interview. Initial with the HR, followed by panel interview and finally branch manager took the interview. questions were very general eg: tell me about yourself, emphasis on sales experience, walk me through your resume and a role play. Wating time between each interview was almost 2 weeks.

Financial Services Representative II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

Two weeks

Interview Questions
    • What is meant by open branch environment, working with a tablet   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC in October 2013.

Very simple and transparent

You apply online and if you have all the required skills you will be contacted by HR and they will screen you through phone interview and then you go to personal interview.

Let's say if you don't clear the personal one..you can still follow up with the HR and ask them to give you feed backs

Interview Questions
    • everything they ask you is very simple.you just have to be confident   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at CIBC in October 2013.

The interviewers asked questions about my resume and work experience. Then we had to role play a situation as if I was the representative behind a desk and the interviewer was a client.

Interview Questions
    • Was most surprised by having to role play a scenario. They focused more on the discussion you were able to have with a client, how well you listend, and judged your response to their answers. In one scenario, the client kept mentioning her husband, so it was best to suggest setting up an appointment with him there. They were not focused on the actual banking products since they will teach those in training.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in June 2013.

know your stuff

Interview Questions
    not much negotiation but still better than what i was making before at another FI

Financial Services Representative II Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

Did not have phone interview as it was a promotion. Usually, there is one. Intervied the HR Manager, and the process was straightforward with alot of behavioral customer service types of questions. Knowledge of financial products is needed.

Financial Services Representative II Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CIBC.

Smooth, so misleading because the rest of the company is not.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time.... Always difficult because always a need to create "once upon a time".   View Answer
    Great.