CIBC Financial Services Representative II Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2014

2.9

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Regina, SK (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CIBC.

Applied online, got a call from the hiring manager the same day. Had first interview the next day and final interview 2 days later. No face to face because I was in Toronto and job was in Regina.

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC.

Got a call from the recruiter, had a brief phone interview, and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with the manager. Mostly behavioral questions about your experience in customer services. He asked for CSC, and explained the training program, compensations and benefits at the beginning of the interview.

Financial Services Representative II Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CIBC in October 2013.

The interviewers asked questions about my resume and work experience. Then we had to role play a situation as if I was the representative behind a desk and the interviewer was a client.

Interview Questions
    • Was most surprised by having to role play a scenario. They focused more on the discussion you were able to have with a client, how well you listend, and judged your response to their answers. In one scenario, the client kept mentioning her husband, so it was best to suggest setting up an appointment with him there. They were not focused on the actual banking products since they will teach those in training.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at CIBC in March 2013.

interview process was good

Financial Services Representative II Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CIBC.

Two weeks

Interview Questions
    • What is meant by open branch environment, working with a tablet   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC in October 2013.

Very simple and transparent

You apply online and if you have all the required skills you will be contacted by HR and they will screen you through phone interview and then you go to personal interview.

Let's say if you don't clear the personal one..you can still follow up with the HR and ask them to give you feed backs

Interview Questions
    • everything they ask you is very simple.you just have to be confident   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in June 2013.

know your stuff

Interview Questions
    not much negotiation but still better than what i was making before at another FI

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winnipeg, MB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in August 2012.

I was turned down several time because of age -- they tend to hire people in their early 20s. Once that "flag" was removed (I knew someone there), they immediately offered me a position. They wanted to make sure you were used to a "sales floor" environment and would follow unquestioningly.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask a lot about cold calling and how comfortable and experience you are. Also about tracking your sales.   View Answer
    None. They offered me a wage and I asked if I could counter that and they said they only offer the top dollar and they would not go higher.

Financial Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peterborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in April 2009.

Were very accomodating - was travelling about 3 hours to desired work location (I was in process of moving)
    -Dont remember much - felt comfortable
    -Asked typical questions - how do you handle this situation or that
    -Customer service and sales focused
    -Asked about current and previous employers

Interview Questions
    • Always hard to tactfuly answer about your personal weakness   Answer Question
    I asked for 37000 and was given 36000 - was satisfied
    -Dissappointed I was not given more info about benefits and bonus upfront

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in January 2012.

I applied internally....I was a CSR wanting to become an FSR ..my hiring process was a little unorthodox...I went to a career fair...already knew the person who intervied me. After I went through a quick 5-10 interview with this person couple weeks later I had an actual meeting with two branch managers for about 45 minutes after that I was placed at a branch which had a need for an FSR

Interview Questions
    • How do you expect to keep up with the targets and how would you handle times when business is slow?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate my salary as they did take a chance on me at that time two years ago.

Worked for CIBC? Contribute to the Community!