CIBC Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.1

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CIBC (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone and than face interview, good experience, very polite and helpful people. Made the whole experience very friendly and amiable. It was a great interview environment which was not hostile at all.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CIBC

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The good thing about CIBC is that they contact you through your e-mail first to set up the phone interview and you can reply with your desired interview time. Quick phone interview, followed by in-person interview that took half an hour behavioural questions and role play. The interviewer was late in interviewing me by 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are right for this position (give three reasons)?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CIBC (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

The branch manager focused on sales and service questions. He is very kind and following the interview guide. Since the other branch manager is sick, so he needs to write down my response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you refer your client to your financial advisor and client is happy with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview 2 rounds. the first was telephonic. other was face to face. during the interview they asked ask aby prev jobs. how did i do in the job. how did i handle the customers and how i set the goals

Interview Questions

• tell me a situation where you handled a difficult customer   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

interviewed at CIBC (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online for both CSR and FSR, I was contacted for the FSR position and initially had a telephone interview, within one week after the telephone interview I got an invitation for a final interview. The hiring manager and a branch manager was the panel. I was offered after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview was majorly behavioural question and my past experience. You need to relate most of your answers to sales and customer service.   Answer Question
    • Physical interview was also behavioural too. I prepared for role play but dint get that, instead I was asked the highlight a sales process( that's theoretical)   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got an email and asked to set up interview the next day with a specified time. It was a basic interview, the hr recruiter was reading off her questionnaire and typing the answers as I spoke. Interview ended well and she told me I would be contacted by a branch manager within two weeks or else to contact her. Its been more than two weeks now and haven't heard back from either.

Interview Questions

• Basic Behavioral Questions Sales target jobs, cold calling   1 Answer

Financial Service Representative Interview

Interview

In person, handed in the resume to the branch directly. and waited for several days, and got a call from branch manager to set up a time for an interview. the interview was simple and not too long. most likely behavioural questions. I did not get the offer because they already hired someone internally,

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, how do you deal with busy hours, what did you do to meet the sales target.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first, took around half an hour, just basically walked through your resume. Then a quick and simple language test(cuz I applied for a bilingual position) which required you to read a sentence in different languages. Last step was in person interview. Walked through resume again, then followed by a matching question, in the end was the role pay-promoted credit card to the client.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

First there was a phone interview, took about 40 minutes, lots of behavioral questions. Then a face to face interview that had a 30 mins questions session and a phone call role play that resulted in a sale. Hiring manager and a VP were doing the interview. Overall, a good experience, standard questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. Why do you want this job? Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions

• Why did you not work for 2 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Advised me about salary and hours, had to sign a few documents. Reference check was after that.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Barrie, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went to an open house and I gave my resume. They called me after 20 days and I had a phone interview. He asked me about my education and experience in the role.We talked about the locations where they had availability.