CIBC Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 25, 2014
231 interviews

2.9

Financial Service Representative Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in January 2014.

Open House
    One on one interview with one of the Branch Managers
    Group Interview with at least 2 BMs and 1 Training Manager
    They will make an offer after the interview and will send the Offer letter after a week. If you are okay with it, then you just accomplish all the pre employment paperworks.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kelowna, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at CIBC.

telephone interview and then personal interview with very mundane customer service questions etc.very routine behaviorial questions. most interested whether one can work the week end shifts and lae evening timmings of sone of the brances.

no negotiations

Investment Banking Coop Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in January 2014.

1:1 interview at downtown vancouver. start with basic questions on resume, nothing special. followed with several questions about the valuation process. most are related to corporate finance. nothing unexpected. Provide several methods about valuation process of a company or a project.

Technical Systems Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at CIBC in July 2014.

I applied through my college/ university website. Got an interview call after a week. It lasted for 30 mins. Interviewed asked me 3 questions on projects I worked on in the past and few resume questions. We talked about his vacation and what this job is related to and what sort of things cibc is looking for. Its been more than a week but I haven't heard back from them yet. Hopefully, they will reply me soon. I would recommend to apply and see you fit in the company. As they don't expect you to know everything, even if you don't have technical don't worry. They don't care if you know or not

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer didn't ask difficult questions and was covering up for someone else.   Answer Question

Applications Developer Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in January 2010.

I was working as an intern for a team, when my intern term was reaching to the end, someone told me that their team was hiring fulltime, then I went to talk to their manager directly. The manager had been already impressed by my work for we had some cooperation on some inter-team projects so he decided to give me an interview with then director.
    They asked me some pretty routine questions such as skills and teamwork.
    Several days later, I got the employment package.

Software Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC.

The interview took place over phone. I was interviewed by two people, one from HR and the other from the technology team that I would end up working with. It was fairly standard; the first half involved me being asked about my previous work experiences from my resume and general behavioural questions related to those. The second half consisted of technical questions about programming - fairly basic questions about the principle of object oriented programming

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult - Talk about your experience in a group project where you faced problems. How did you resolve them? Was your solution effective?   Answer Question
    Internship, so wasn't able to negotiate.

Business Strategist Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CIBC.

This is the first round interview after two or three weeks I applied on line. In the financial area Toronto. Two parts, two VP on every panel. One panel is the HR and the other is the professional team. Altogether took about one hour. The result was supposed to be release after two or three weeks after this interview as there would be the 2nd round. However I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions
    • Did not realize this would be "person manager" so got a bit surprise when the related question came.   Answer Question

Personal Banking Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC.

I applied online got a phone interview first which all the questions was very straight forward mostly about weather you are conformable with sales.
    The second interview was face to face many customer and sales focused questions. such as angry customer, above and beyond, how would initiate a sales speech.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me detail about PC financial. Have to research before going to the interview.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CIBC in October 2013.

The interviewers asked questions about my resume and work experience. Then we had to role play a situation as if I was the representative behind a desk and the interviewer was a client.

Interview Questions
    • Was most surprised by having to role play a scenario. They focused more on the discussion you were able to have with a client, how well you listend, and judged your response to their answers. In one scenario, the client kept mentioning her husband, so it was best to suggest setting up an appointment with him there. They were not focused on the actual banking products since they will teach those in training.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CIBC.

Well for CSR position you needed to submit your job application through CIBC.com. It takes awhile. Than you get a phone interview and than you get a real interview. It can take a few months to get hired if you don't have what they want.

your needed so please apply

Worked for CIBC? Contribute to the Community!