CIBC

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.9

Consultant Interview

screening interview, followed by in person interviews, second interview and third interview and then one on one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager, HR round, Salary Negotiation, Start Date and Offer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CIBC.

I got an referral, then was interviewed by HR on the phone. Manager called me a week later to schedule an in person interview. Met with on-boarding manager and branch manager. I was not informed that I was going to be interviewed with the branch manager as well, so that was a small surprise. Went on for a bit longer than half an hour.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to role-play, where the manager pretended to be a student customer and I was supposed to sell her a CIBC card. Was given 5 minutes to prepare and study the CIBC card brochure.
      List 3 qualities of CSR

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

Got an email and asked to set up interview the next day with a specified time. It was a basic interview, the hr recruiter was reading off her questionnaire and typing the answers as I spoke. Interview ended well and she told me I would be contacted by a branch manager within two weeks or else to contact her. Its been more than two weeks now and haven't heard back from either.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavioral Questions
      Sales target jobs, cold calling

Bilingual Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CIBC in February 2015.

There were three phone interviews and I am going to do the final one in person tomorrow. The first phone interview was a simple check about my education and employment background. What is your availability etc. The second phone call was pretty much the same question but with further deep, like why you left your last company, what is your salary expatation etc. As a bilingual post, I also got a third phone interview which is extremely brief. The third one was in French and the question was what was your past experience in office administrative work. I also got an email of translation test about French writing level. This was ended last Friday February 13th.
    Tuesday of the following week I got the in-person interview request which is going to be tomorrow. Now preparing the last.

Interview Questions
    • What were your past working experience in office support?   View Answer
    • Why are you leaving the last company?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

Applied online,next day,I received phone interview with HR about 30 mins.one week later,i found another CSR position available,send the job No. to the HR.about week later,received a E-mail said Face to Face interview at Mississauga near Square One.

Interview Questions
    • What does customer service representative do.
      Past sales experiences
      What do you see yourself in next 5 years.
      Past working experiences linked to Up and Cross selling

Operational Risk Analyst Interview

Contacted me after a couple month I submitted my resume. i got a phone interview and the next day a in-person interview. very basic questions. Nothing special. Only the director is interviewing and there would be another round.

Associate Commercial Banking Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

3 rounds of interviews with the hiring manager, team members and the regional manager. Includes a case study and a large number of fit questions. More important to be a good fit than to get all the case study questions right.

Interview Questions
    • What skills do you bring to the team that will help the team as a whole?   Answer Question
    Negotiated a moving allowance and increase in base salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CIBC.

Referral from employee after a week got a call from a branch manager....face to face interview.. .basic interview.behavioral.scenarios about customer service...tell me about yourself.how to deal with customer complains.past experience...no negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CIBC.

Referred by another Employee and i had telephonic interview. After two days i got mail for face to face interview. it take 45 minutes telephonic interview and 30 min face to face interview.

Financial Service Representative, Outbound Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

First was a personality test sent by email one day after submitting my CV.
    One day later, I received a call. That was the first part of the interview. About 30 minutes. In English and French, after which they asked me to meet with the manager the next day.
    Finally, the 1 to 1 interview was really cool. The manager was smiling and kind. She went out and called me. I had to make her choose the right financial product.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected to be left alone in the room and do the phone quizz.   Answer Question