CIBC Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.9

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The good thing about CIBC is that they contact you through your e-mail first to set up the phone interview and you can reply with your desired interview time. Quick phone interview, followed by in-person interview that took half an hour behavioural questions and role play. The interviewer was late in interviewing me by 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are right for this position (give three reasons)?   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

No technical question asked. They are nice and easy on intern students. I had lunch with the interviewer and it goes smoothly. Focus on your resume and make sure you know everything if you are an intern like me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

After referred and applying online, I got a phone interview with HR. She said they need another to make decision on who will get 2nd interview because they still need to interview other candidates. She was very friendly and explained about the role really detail. Question about why do you choose this job then I talked about how much I love customer service while I was working at restaurants. That may help.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about customer service representative role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a mistake you made and how you fix it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ponoka, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Ponoka, AB (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

They're. Not interested in hiring you if you have any aspirations to move up in the company. The interview was a waste of time. If you plan on being a customer service rep the rest of your career you'll have a chance.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The telephone interview was not as friendly as I expected. It was like an interrogation and made me feel guilty for applying. I was nervous as it was my first interview. No additional questions, no empathy at all. Maybe I had a bad luck with the HR person.

Intermediate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied this position via our school's co-op system. The staffs from CIBC will contact you if you pass the resume screening. It's a telephone interview made of almost all technical questions. More specifically, all about object-oriented programming like inheritance, polymorphism. If you ever took 1000 level programming courses, you must be able to answer them all. The duration is about 20 minutes.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CIBC (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

So far I have been only through the telephone interview. HR was very easygoing and polite. At first she asked some questions about my availability for work and training, then told me about the job itself. Then she asked some questions based on my resume (where and when I had worked) and found out some details about my previous job responsibilities. There also came a number of behavioral questions. The interview lasted for 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• - what CS is about, the responsibilities of CSR; - how you learnt about this position; - why you want to work for CIBC; - the last time you went out and beyond to help a customer; - a time you made a mistake and the outcome; - a time you had to announce unpleasant news to a customer; - if you happened to work on several projects at a time;   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at CIBC (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied numerous times over the course of a few months. I finally got an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. That took place three days later and was pretty well handled. It was meant to last 20-30 minutes but lasted 42 minutes, which apparently is a good thing. I used Google to prep for possible questions in a phone interview for that role and that helped a lot. She ended up asking fewer questions than I expected and the easiest of all possible questions. Was told she was giving her recommendation and will actively pursue me getting a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• An example of a time you had to handle a customer's complaints/bad situation and turned it into a positive.   Answer Question
    • What are your short term and long term goals?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work as a CSR and why at CIBC?   Answer Question
    • She also asked questions to be sure I knew what the job responsibilities were, if I applied to any other positions, and all standard resume and experience questions.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CIBC (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

The branch manager focused on sales and service questions. He is very kind and following the interview guide. Since the other branch manager is sick, so he needs to write down my response.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you refer your client to your financial advisor and client is happy with that.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied online and after 2 weeks later I got phone call from HR, book appointment to have an phone interview. and 2 weeks later is face to face interview with manager.