CIBC Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2014
Updated Sep 23, 2014

2.9

Personal Banking Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC.

I applied online got a phone interview first which all the questions was very straight forward mostly about weather you are conformable with sales.
    The second interview was face to face many customer and sales focused questions. such as angry customer, above and beyond, how would initiate a sales speech.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me detail about PC financial. Have to research before going to the interview.   Answer Question

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at CIBC.

Well for CSR position you needed to submit your job application through CIBC.com. It takes awhile. Than you get a phone interview and than you get a real interview. It can take a few months to get hired if you don't have what they want.

your needed so please apply

Analyst Interview

The hiring process takes very long and HR doesn't respond. After 1 phone interview and 2 face-to-face interviews, no updates at all. No one replied my emails. I do not know if this just happens to the position I applied or it happens in general

Interview Questions
    • they didn't do a skill (Excel etc) test on the 1st interview   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at CIBC.

The interview process was through an agency. It took a long time, expect at least 3 4hours of your time. It was a long time ago so things might have changed.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any unexpected question. There was more quantity than quality - a lot of questions   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at CIBC.

two phone calls then follow by two managers. The managers are really nice. Its more like casual convocations. Some repeated questions.a lot of behaviour questions“What have you done to promote great customer service?”.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC.

Applied through the CIBC careers page. Received an email within a day or two regarding phone interview. This email was very professional and it clearly stated when the lady would be calling me and to confirm that the day/time was good.

The phone interview was easy and personable. The interviewer was "warm" but not phony, asked decent questions regarding my resume and cover letter. Not one question blindsided me. She told me she liked my tone and she liked what I had to say, and stated that she would recommend me for an in-person interview.

The in-person interview was a mixed bag. Two people interviewed me, one was nice and articulate, the other, a younger fellow was cold, had a snobbish air about him and clearly wasn't interested in me (I felt it right away). The questions were not too difficult, but they were very much all about the same theme "am I really OK to call X number of people a day to score 4 meetings a day"? A question in particular that turned me off from the interview right on the spot was when he asked me what I would do if I didn't meet the quota for the day. Quota? At that point I was merely respectful but made zero effort to impress.

Didn't get an offer, which I agreed with. I wouldn't have hired me either as per questions making it clear that this was not going to be a good fit for my talents and skills.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you didn't meet the quota for the day? (referring to making sure that I always had at least 4 meetings booked as per the 30-60 calls every day I'd have to make to get my "clients" to come and meet with me so I could sign them up on credit cards, etc.)   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC.

Fairly standard interview process for a bank. Initial interview was by phone with an HR representative. Standard questions: Name your best strength, name one of your weaknesses, etc. Second interview was with the manager who would be overseeing me. Once again, fairly standard. Asked questions pertaining to confidentiality, compliance, and some specifics pertaining to the job. Was asked to speak in french for a portion of the interview as the position was bilingual.

Interview Questions
    • No questions that were out of the ordinary. Very standard.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC.

I applied online, got a call for a phone interview and then an in-person interview. The HR manager was very easy-going. the questions were very basic regarding my past work experience and why I was interested in the role.
    Questions like why I quit certain roles from my past work experience?

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Had just two casual coffee meetings with the hiring manager who asked about my general interest in the area, followed by a salary-related discussion with the HR person. Although I had relevant experience, the nature of the work required and the strengths of the candidate were not discussed and not matched correctly.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, but there should have been detailed discussion around fit of the role.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in May 2014.

I got some questions ,such as what do you think about the CSR role, could you give us a example for how to deal with the complain customer? describe how do you express you in one teamwork.