CIBC Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Referral from employee after a week got a call from a branch manager....face to face interview.. .basic interview.behavioral.scenarios about customer service...tell me about yourself.how to deal with customer complains.past experience...no negotiation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

Contacted me after a couple month I submitted my resume. i got a phone interview and the next day a in-person interview. very basic questions. Nothing special. Only the director is interviewing and there would be another round.

Associate Commercial Banking Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews with the hiring manager, team members and the regional manager. Includes a case study and a large number of fit questions. More important to be a good fit than to get all the case study questions right.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you bring to the team that will help the team as a whole?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a moving allowance and increase in base salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CIBC.

Interview

Referred by another Employee and i had telephonic interview. After two days i got mail for face to face interview. it take 45 minutes telephonic interview and 30 min face to face interview.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

Interview

First was a personality test sent by email one day after submitting my CV.
    One day later, I received a call. That was the first part of the interview. About 30 minutes. In English and French, after which they asked me to meet with the manager the next day.
    Finally, the 1 to 1 interview was really cool. The manager was smiling and kind. She went out and called me. I had to make her choose the right financial product.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected to be left alone in the room and do the phone quizz.   Answer Question

Interview

In person, handed in the resume to the branch directly. and waited for several days, and got a call from branch manager to set up a time for an interview. the interview was simple and not too long. most likely behavioural questions. I did not get the offer because they already hired someone internally,

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, how do you deal with busy hours, what did you do to meet the sales target.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

apply online via CIBC website then get a face to face interview with assistant branch manager, around 30mins.Its a quite long time to get reply. The interview is normal, not quite hard

Interview Questions

• how to handle the situation when you get into a grey area?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online with Cover Letter, CV and Transcript. Received phone call within one week to schedule a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was a business case/behavioral question that lasted 30 minutes. Received notification by phone the next day that the second round interview would be the following day. This interview was in-person and consisted of two separate hour-long interviews - half behavioral, half business case - and was followed by a cocktail.

Interview Questions

• Business case for phone interview: what would you do if you committed to a delivery date but just gathered a new piece of information that would require a substantial amount of time to process?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at CIBC.

Interview

I was referred by a manager and the got a call for phone interview within a week. I got 2 days notice before the interview and then during the interview, the lady asked some basic questions to know about my previous job experience and then followed by some situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were unable to pursue someone to see things your way.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CIBC.

Interview

i applied, online, got an email to complete an online assessment, got a phone call to a telephone interview and finally an in-person. background check was conducted and i accepted offer.