CIBC

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

Was selected for an interview because I was referenced internally. Interview consisted of common behavioral questions such as give an example when you have to serve a difficult customer and how did you respond. Give an example of when you had tension between team members and how did you resolve the situation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied through other source – interviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

I went to the open house at the end of August, and have an opportunity to process an phone interview at the beginning of November. It's 30 min talk, asked some behavioral questions. tell a time you have to send some disappoint information to the customer. what's the challenging part you feel about the job. tell a time you delivered exceptional customer service, and what you did made it outstanding. The phone interview went well, but as there is currently no openings for the position, the interviewer asked me apply later in Dec and move to the final interview.

Interview Questions
    • Not difficult, but need to prepare for your answers, and try to keep calm and think about what the interviewer is expecting you to answer.   Answer Question

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

Got a phone call 3 weeks after Open House Career interview. I was interviewed by 2 branch managers. They were very nice and we had a warm atmosphere from the beginning of the interview. I simply talked about my own experience and they seemed to like me. Questions including: 3-5 important characteristics of a CSR, how did you achieve your target, when was the time that you were most proud of,... Interview lasted abt 45 minutes.

Procurement Analysis Interview

Standard behaviour questions,some questions about previous work in contracts. Interview was too casual felt that the process was informal as I was waiting at the reception desk for 5 minutes without anyone even manning the desk.

Technical Analyst - Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CIBC.

I applied online through my university for the technology recruitment program. I had to fill out a form rating some of my technical skills. Then they pass on your resume to a team that fits your skills/experience. I got a phone call from HR asking a few simple questions and arranging an interview with the manager. I had the option of a phone interview or in person. I opted for the phone interview. I think the process will differ depending which team you are being interviewed by. In the phone interview they asked standard questions. I didn't think I did very well but shortly after I was called back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They mostly just asked standard questions about how I deal with multitasking, working in a team, dealing with customers   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate initially, as a co-op student it paid better than other jobs. I returned later for another co-op term and was able to negotiate a bit in terms of compensation and hours, but it really depends on your manager.

Financial Services Representative II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

Applied online, had a short phone interview. After the phone interview we met in person at a local branch. The next week I was called and offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we pick you over the other candidates   View Answer

Took job at TD, same level. I just liked the idea of working for a bigger bank in the same community.

Itermediate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Run through the resume that you have provided. Discuss about your previous work experience. Discuss about the expectation in the company. Discuss about you skills and qualifications for the role. A few technical and situational questions .

Processing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in October 2014.

typical interview. behaviour questions.takes less than 30 mins. good working environment and nice location.go there via path or ttc. pay low. good place to start your career. financial institution environment

other offer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Barrie, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIBC in October 2014.

I went to an open house and I gave my resume. They called me after 20 days and I had a phone interview. He asked me about my education and experience in the role.We talked about the locations where they had availability.

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

First there was a phone interview, took about 40 minutes, lots of behavioral questions. Then a face to face interview that had a 30 mins questions session and a phone call role play that resulted in a sale. Hiring manager and a VP were doing the interview. Overall, a good experience, standard questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. Why do you want this job? Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions
    Advised me about salary and hours, had to sign a few documents. Reference check was after that.