CIBC

Average Difficulty
228 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had a referral from my friend, once she sent my resume to her manager, after few hours I got a call and be ranged a telephone interview in two days. The telephone interview just goes with behavior questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Question – Your previous job?Why do u leave?What skills have you got?
One time how would you handle a difficult customer?
Had any target before?How did you achieve?
  View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Email first arranged a time to call. Phone call interview. Ask several questions such as, what's your career goal in the next few years. Why CIBC. Salary expectation. how do you deal with upset customer, give me a example. cashier experiences? Ok with night shift? What do you know about CSR? have you required to meet sales targets, what's that?

Interview Question – nothing difficult. just make sure you are fully prepared.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative II Intake Interview

Financial Service Representative II Intake

Interviewed at CIBC

Interview Details – Went to the open house, dressed in casual clothes. Went through the first interview with a hiring manager, got a second interview booked. Hired on the spot during the second interview.

Interview Question – What's your career plan for the next 3-5 years?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Got a different job offer.

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Financial Services Representative II
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Very simple and transparent

You apply online and if you have all the required skills you will be contacted by HR and they will screen you through phone interview and then you go to personal interview.

Let's say if you don't clear the personal one..you can still follow up with the HR and ask them to give you feed backs

Interview Question – everything they ask you is very simple.you just have to be confident   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Financial Service Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in March 2014.

Interview Details – The overall interview process was very quick. Got an email within few hours f applying to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview was then given a final interview in 2 days. Entire process was less than a week. Was interviewed by two people.

Interview Question – What can you offer to this role?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Accepted another position.

Teller Interview

Teller
London, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in January 2014.

Interview Details – I went to the open house of CIBC and talked to one the branch managers, got a call after 2 days for an in-person interview. They skipped the phone interview for me because I talked to the branch manager. And after I went to the bank, I had the interview with an assistant manager and a secretary. The process took about 30 minutes and it was set in a really friendly atmosphere. The questions are really ordinary and all of them are in my expectations, including many sales questions and behavioral questions. For example, describe yourself; how do you see yourself in 5 years; what do you think is good customer service; do you have upsell experience; describe a difficult customer you have ever met and how you solved the problem.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had a conflict with your team, and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Contact Centre Representative - Investor's Edge Interview

Contact Centre Representative - Investor's Edge
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – Initially received a phone call that CIBC was interested in doing a phone interview with me. We scheduled for a few days later. The initial interview was mostly behavioural questions but they also asked what I thought of my current job (I particularly remember them asking "what does your current employer do wrong that makes you want to leave" to which I had to point out that it was simply that CIBC was a more interesting opportunity). It was pretty simple and somewhat casual, and the interviewer seemed happy with me and said she'd pass me on to the second interview for which I would be called to schedule a time.

It was a few days later I got a call from someone directly at the call centre who asked when I could do the in-person interview. We scheduled for later that week. There were two interviews; one who had recently called, and one other. Both were fairly nice, but ran late on some other business before seeing me for an interview. They read questions from a form similar to what the phone interviewer asked me, and it was mostly simple. The issues came when they asked about my specific knowledge on investment products (which I have little of), and I could tell they seemed disappointed there. At the end they did not even ask for my reference list; generally a bad sign. They called the next week to tell me they chose someone else who had more knowledge of investment products.

Interview Question – Specifically questions on what a mutual fund is, and other investment-product questions.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Manager, Customer Service, Lost and Stolen Representative Interview

Customer Solutions Manager, Customer Service, Lost and Stolen Representative
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in September 2010.

Interview Details – if they call you for an interview, your mostly guaranteed the job if its for a basic position, you have to be dressed casual and clean, no jeans. Most questions are based on client services and how you would react to situations. Always keep calm and speak straight up as if you would know exactly what to do, always focus to keep client happy.

Interview Question – for all questions which regards situations with clients, if you are unsure of your answer, say that you would ask to put the client on hold while you review the account and you would ask a manager for a resolution. In overall, for all situations as for questions and answers; stay calm, listen to client needs and assure client that you will look into it to help for his situation. Also keep in mind that nothing is impossible, you can ask a manager for exceptions.   View Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

Marketing Analyst

I applied online - interviewed at CIBC in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Response from HR about a week after the closing date. Almost every question asked could've been answered by looking at my resume/application. The interviewer got aspects of my background wrong and also didn't recognize some of the very large companies that I had previously worked at. The questions asked didn't seem to really relate to the job description.

Asked about my salary expectations ($60k) and thought it was too high. Recommended that I lower my expectations to $50k. Implied that the hiring manager chooses the "best" candidate based on who would want the lowest salary. Regardless of this odd thing, the interviewer from HR had come off as somewhat cold and robotic. There was no energy or rapport to the interview. It left a bad taste for any future applications to CIBC. I like the company but not this particular HR person doing interviews.

Interview Question – Give an example of when you were in a difficult position.   Answer Question

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, took 3 weeks to make it to the final interview with an intake manager and branch manager ! now waiting for the final call of recruitment !

Interview Question – Role Play of how would you deal with an angry customer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations