CIBC Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 22, 2014
231 interviews

2.9

Senior Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in November 2013.

I applied on-line on company career web site and received a call from external recruiter for initial phone pre-screening. The interview process was speedy, in-person interview was scheduled same week.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario for role-playing, a member of interview panel was playing a customer role, I was given a role of FSR, the other two member of the panel observing interaction.   View Answer

I had a better opportunity elsewhere which would add more to my skill set

Financial Services Representative II Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at CIBC.

Two weeks

Interview Questions
    • What is meant by open branch environment, working with a tablet   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at CIBC in February 2014.

I was applying online from their corporate website, 4-5 business days after I got a telephone interview(they ask you to call them).
    In the very first beginning, they confirmed with you about your availability to work, if you can legally work in Canada, if you are willing to give them your SIN number, etc. Questions are quite standard, include: Why would you like to work for CIBC, did you work in a call centre environment before, any customer service before, etc.

HR recruiter was very kind and easy to talk to. Can't think of a downside.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in March 2014.

I had a referral from my friend, once she sent my resume to her manager, after few hours I got a call and be ranged a telephone interview in two days. The telephone interview just goes with behavior questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Your previous job?Why do u leave?What skills have you got?
      One time how would you handle a difficult customer?
      Had any target before?How did you achieve?
        View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC in February 2013.

Email first arranged a time to call. Phone call interview. Ask several questions such as, what's your career goal in the next few years. Why CIBC. Salary expectation. how do you deal with upset customer, give me a example. cashier experiences? Ok with night shift? What do you know about CSR? have you required to meet sales targets, what's that?

Interview Questions
    • nothing difficult. just make sure you are fully prepared.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative II Intake Interview

Went to the open house, dressed in casual clothes. Went through the first interview with a hiring manager, got a second interview booked. Hired on the spot during the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's your career plan for the next 3-5 years?   View Answer

Got a different job offer.

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC in October 2013.

Very simple and transparent

You apply online and if you have all the required skills you will be contacted by HR and they will screen you through phone interview and then you go to personal interview.

Let's say if you don't clear the personal one..you can still follow up with the HR and ask them to give you feed backs

Interview Questions
    • everything they ask you is very simple.you just have to be confident   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in March 2014.

The overall interview process was very quick. Got an email within few hours f applying to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview was then given a final interview in 2 days. Entire process was less than a week. Was interviewed by two people.

Accepted another position.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in January 2014.

I went to the open house of CIBC and talked to one the branch managers, got a call after 2 days for an in-person interview. They skipped the phone interview for me because I talked to the branch manager. And after I went to the bank, I had the interview with an assistant manager and a secretary. The process took about 30 minutes and it was set in a really friendly atmosphere. The questions are really ordinary and all of them are in my expectations, including many sales questions and behavioral questions. For example, describe yourself; how do you see yourself in 5 years; what do you think is good customer service; do you have upsell experience; describe a difficult customer you have ever met and how you solved the problem.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had a conflict with your team, and how you solved it?   Answer Question

Contact Centre Representative - Investor's Edge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online - interviewed at CIBC.

Initially received a phone call that CIBC was interested in doing a phone interview with me. We scheduled for a few days later. The initial interview was mostly behavioural questions but they also asked what I thought of my current job (I particularly remember them asking "what does your current employer do wrong that makes you want to leave" to which I had to point out that it was simply that CIBC was a more interesting opportunity). It was pretty simple and somewhat casual, and the interviewer seemed happy with me and said she'd pass me on to the second interview for which I would be called to schedule a time.

It was a few days later I got a call from someone directly at the call centre who asked when I could do the in-person interview. We scheduled for later that week. There were two interviews; one who had recently called, and one other. Both were fairly nice, but ran late on some other business before seeing me for an interview. They read questions from a form similar to what the phone interviewer asked me, and it was mostly simple. The issues came when they asked about my specific knowledge on investment products (which I have little of), and I could tell they seemed disappointed there. At the end they did not even ask for my reference list; generally a bad sign. They called the next week to tell me they chose someone else who had more knowledge of investment products.

Interview Questions
    • Specifically questions on what a mutual fund is, and other investment-product questions.   Answer Question