CIBC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – Event, met with a manager asked me about why I wanted to work there and about the position and why should he chose me

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CIBC in November 2013.

Interview Details – Half an hour, three parts questions

Interview Question – Logical questions
Explain Internet to a 5 year old child, using three sentences
  Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC in February 2013.

Interview Details – Went through my schools coop program and it was a 30min interview. Asked generic questions and questions based on my resume. Majority of the interview was behavioral based questions and then just 1 or 2 technical questions. Overall was a hard /easy interview. After the interview i was told i would get a response back by the following week.

Interview Question – What is the your greatest strengths/weakness?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online and interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – Initial call will come from HR. She will book appointment with you for telephone interview. go to website. Please always check history, awards won and core values of any bank you want to apply. Some of fav questions of HR will be Why CSR role? Why CIBC? What can you bring to the company? coping related questions etc

Interview Question – tell me a scenario when you used your skill to bring a solution for your team?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CIBC in March 2013.

Interview Details – Was called in for an interview after 2 months of sending in my application.
Even forgot about it.
The interview questions were very standard and I was very confident about answering them.
The only disadvantage that I thought, i couldn't get more information about the position itself , the responsibilities etc.. was very unclear.

Commercial Bank Associate Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – Meet the hiring manager through one of my university trade fairs. Got his details and asked for an informational interview and the rest is history

Interview Question – If you are given a balance sheet where the revenue is going down and prorofitability is increasing, what would you think is the problem?   View Answer

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Financial Services Representative II
Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIBC in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was turned down several time because of age -- they tend to hire people in their early 20s. Once that "flag" was removed (I knew someone there), they immediately offered me a position. They wanted to make sure you were used to a "sales floor" environment and would follow unquestioningly.

Interview Question – They will ask a lot about cold calling and how comfortable and experience you are. Also about tracking your sales.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. They offered me a wage and I asked if I could counter that and they said they only offer the top dollar and they would not go higher.

Customer Service Representative Inbound Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at CIBC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Filled in online application, had telephone interview, got email invite to hiring event, attended, had presentation and in person interview. Was told I did well on interview, but it's been a week now and have not heard back. Office was business casual.

Interview Question – Role play with TL as if it were an actual telephone call. It wasn't unexpected, but you need to actually be trained in the position to know what to ask.....It was about credit cards and which one of 3 to offer.   View Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Brampton, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in October 2013.

Interview Details – Was emailed with appointment day and time, then appointment for face face .

Reason for Declining – Better over elsewhere

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst

Interviewed at CIBC

Interview Details – After submitting your application you are contacted on phone by the HR department. They will do a phone interview to filter the right candidates for the job, send the resume to the manager and then you get called in for an interview if the manager likes your resume and the results of the phone interview with HR.

Interview Question – The technical questions that require CIBC specific experience are difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CIBC