CIBC

Updated Dec 13, 2014
Updated Dec 13, 2014

2.9

Customer Services Representative Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at CIBC.

phone interview followed by in person interview with 2 managers

there was no negotiation

Financial Services Representative Interview

I went to the open house and received a phone interview then a in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a scenario for role-playing, a member of interview panel was playing a customer role, I was given a role of FSR, the other two member of the panel observing interaction.   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at CIBC in April 2014.

Over the Phone. Basic questions about personality. Few technical questions but nothing too difficult. Just prepare and learn about the company and the role you applied. The details in the role description are very helpful; moreover, they want to see if you see yourself with the company in the future.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CIBC in April 2014.

Just had a phone interview with CIBC hr person, a lot of questions about sales. What would you do to meet sales target? Have you had sales targets before? How do you handle rejections? They went through my job history and asked specific questions about each of them. Nothing too difficult or intimidating. They triple make sure that you are available to work during the time of operation and make commitment for at least a year. In person interview tomorrow. They told me that there will be a role play, to promote 3 different types of credit cards.

Interview Questions
    • When was the last time you influenced a coworker/ colleague/ friend? How did you do it? Be specific.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I received an email and after a week the HR department called me for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing special/Difficult. why FSR position, why CIBC, tell me about your self, and some behavioral questions, when are you available to work? are you able to work on weekends? ...   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative II Interview

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

Two weeks

Interview Questions
    • What is meant by open branch environment, working with a tablet   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative II Intake Interview

Went to the open house, dressed in casual clothes. Went through the first interview with a hiring manager, got a second interview booked. Hired on the spot during the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's your career plan for the next 3-5 years?   View Answer

Got a different job offer.

Contact Centre Representative - Investor's Edge Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

Initially received a phone call that CIBC was interested in doing a phone interview with me. We scheduled for a few days later. The initial interview was mostly behavioural questions but they also asked what I thought of my current job (I particularly remember them asking "what does your current employer do wrong that makes you want to leave" to which I had to point out that it was simply that CIBC was a more interesting opportunity). It was pretty simple and somewhat casual, and the interviewer seemed happy with me and said she'd pass me on to the second interview for which I would be called to schedule a time.

It was a few days later I got a call from someone directly at the call centre who asked when I could do the in-person interview. We scheduled for later that week. There were two interviews; one who had recently called, and one other. Both were fairly nice, but ran late on some other business before seeing me for an interview. They read questions from a form similar to what the phone interviewer asked me, and it was mostly simple. The issues came when they asked about my specific knowledge on investment products (which I have little of), and I could tell they seemed disappointed there. At the end they did not even ask for my reference list; generally a bad sign. They called the next week to tell me they chose someone else who had more knowledge of investment products.

Interview Questions
    • Specifically questions on what a mutual fund is, and other investment-product questions.   Answer Question

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at CIBC in March 2014.

The overall interview process was very quick. Got an email within few hours f applying to schedule a phone interview. After the phone interview was then given a final interview in 2 days. Entire process was less than a week. Was interviewed by two people.

Accepted another position.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in March 2014.

I had a referral from my friend, once she sent my resume to her manager, after few hours I got a call and be ranged a telephone interview in two days. The telephone interview just goes with behavior questions, nothing too difficult.

Interview Questions
    • Your previous job?Why do u leave?What skills have you got?
      One time how would you handle a difficult customer?
      Had any target before?How did you achieve?

View Answer