CIBC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Commercial Banking Associate Interview

Commercial Banking Associate
Toronto (Cuba)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at CIBC in January 2014.

Interview Details – One preliminary informal interview with a higher-up in the company to determine where I would make a good fit. One formal interview, an hour and a half long with fairly expected behavioural questions combined with very specific questions about commercial banking.

After interview I was repeatedly told I would be contacted on specific days, and then was not contacted until after those days. Each call or email was nothing more than "Still interviewing, will contact you with more information on Friday". Was never contacted on day they said they would, and was never given more information. This happened about four times. Entire process from first preliminary Interview until final call was over three months. Did not receive offer.

Final call was basically "We're not saying you didn't get the job, but you probably didn't get the job and you probably won't hear from us again". Entire organization seems disorganized and never felt like I was treated with any sort of respect throughout process.

Interview Question – It's your first day on the job, we tell you to go out and find three prospective clients. Where do you start and what do you do?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – Got a phone call. The interviewer asked me if I was still interested in the position and made some brief comments about the position. Scheduled a phone interview for the following week. It phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. She called back few days later to schedule an in person interview. Was asked behavioural questions.

Interview Question – Was given a case question and asked how i would rectify the situation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – HR will call and ask a few questions (Speak slow because they're typing it word for word on their computer). Then you will get a call from the branch manager to come in for an interview. They basically asked the same questions as the HR person did. Be friendly and try turning into more of a conversation rather than just question-answer-question-answer. The branch manager will then call you to tell you you're hired, it's then a month training and your on by yourself after that.

Interview Question – All the questions are about solving problems in your past jobs. Then typical ones as far as why you chose CIBC and where do you see yourself in the future.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's no negotiation for CSR. Either take the job or don't

Personal Banking Representative Interview

Personal Banking Representative
Fredericton, NB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CIBC.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the local HR representative via telephone. From there, we scheduled a telephone interview, in which I was asked questions regarding previous employment, behavioural questions and expected salary inquiries. After the interview was completed, I was asked to come in for a face to face interview with one of the management staff at the location I was to be working at if hired. The face to face mainly involved discussion about an average work day, more behavioural and previous work experiences, and dress code. From there, I was told I would be contacted if I was a suitable candidate.

Interview Question – I was asked to create a scenario in which I'd dealt with a difficult customer. This one always stumps me because regardless of how you deal with a customer, sometimes there is nothing you can do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in July 2010.

Interview Details – 3 levels of interviews: HR, Manager, Director

Interview Question – What are you strengths, weaknesses   Answer Question

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Asset Management Analyst

I applied through college or university - interviewed at CIBC in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview. Half an hour. Straightforward questions. Asking about the behavioural questions

Interview Question – All the questions are pretty straightforward, no tough questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – the salary is offered as it is.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at CIBC

Interview Details – Interviews went very well, until I met the VP. She looked me up and down, and left the interview after 10 minutes. I knew immediately I would not get the job.

Interview Question – It had more to do with being judged based on my appearance, and the insecurities of the person doing the judging.   Answer Question

Personal Banker Interview Interview

Personal Banker Interview
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in May 2013.

Interview Details – got a call to interview at the branch. The interview questions: Tell me about yourself, What do you know about HSBC, then the rest of the questions are based on the past experiences on the resume. At the end, there is a role play.

Interview Question – All questions are quite standard, just make sure to know about company well.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative
Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online, received invitation to interview email a couple weeks later, interviewed, and still havent heard back one week later. i take that as a bad sign.

Interview Question – the mock call was challenging.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

Interviewed at CIBC

Interview Details – Pretty standard questions in all rounds. Nothing too complicated. They mostly care about fit rather than technical. There was a mixer after first rounds which was really cool.

Interview Question – Have you ever found yourself in a situation where somebody was doing something unethical and how did you act?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CIBC