CIBC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.9

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericton, NB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Fredericton, NB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

The HR lady gave me an approximate 30 mins telephone interview. It's basically regarding to your personal characters, your previous working experience. And for the former one, usually they would require you to give examples relative to prove your personality or your skills. In the end of the interview, I got a chance to ask them back about what my concern would be about this position as well as my expectation.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example that you have to deal with an difficult customer.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

Phone interview first, took around half an hour, just basically walked through your resume. Then a quick and simple language test(cuz I applied for a bilingual position) which required you to read a sentence in different languages. Last step was in person interview. Walked through resume again, then followed by a matching question, in the end was the role pay-promoted credit card to the client.

Interview Questions

Interview

apply online, submit your resume,after couple days or even week, get email confirm the interview date, 1 phone call, 1 interview with 2 manager. after 1 week get a phone call tell you the result

Interview Questions

• if i m a customer come in, and how would you introduce the visa card to me .   Answer Question

Credit Card Risk Insights Manager Interview

Interview

Hiring Manager directly sent me email asking me go to interview, after the first round, there would be second round with VP. And the last round would meet HR people. In the interview, I was told it's a new team, so the benefit is there's enough opportunity to grow. And as a new team, it's not a typical risk management group, but more like a cross functional team to coordinate related teams.

Interview Questions

• There was one question out of my expectation, how to expand the card portfolio. It's more like a marketing or product management question.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Interview

Friendly approach in professional way and questions were asked based on your daily work life. I loved the interview process and got my results right in two days.I was very excited that I got a chance to work in CIBC

Interview Questions

Negotiation

able to negotiate and gave fair salary

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Went to the open house event at the end of August and got a phone interview at the beginning of November. Passed the phone interview, but no openings currently, waiting for new openings at December and take the final in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• 30 min phone interview, asked normal behavioral questions. tell a time you delivered an exceptional customer service, and what you did make it outstanding. tell a time you have a pass some disappoint massage to the customer. and sales target related problem. why you are qualified for this job, give an example about pay attention to detail. Be prepared and try the best to give the answers that the interviewer wants to hear.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

Interview

Was selected for an interview because I was referenced internally. Interview consisted of common behavioral questions such as give an example when you have to serve a difficult customer and how did you respond. Give an example of when you had tension between team members and how did you resolve the situation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at CIBC (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

I went to the open house at the end of August, and have an opportunity to process an phone interview at the beginning of November. It's 30 min talk, asked some behavioral questions. tell a time you have to send some disappoint information to the customer. what's the challenging part you feel about the job. tell a time you delivered exceptional customer service, and what you did made it outstanding. The phone interview went well, but as there is currently no openings for the position, the interviewer asked me apply later in Dec and move to the final interview.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult, but need to prepare for your answers, and try to keep calm and think about what the interviewer is expecting you to answer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

Interview

Got a phone call 3 weeks after Open House Career interview. I was interviewed by 2 branch managers. They were very nice and we had a warm atmosphere from the beginning of the interview. I simply talked about my own experience and they seemed to like me. Questions including: 3-5 important characteristics of a CSR, how did you achieve your target, when was the time that you were most proud of,... Interview lasted abt 45 minutes.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC in November 2014.

Interview

first interview was a prescreen telephone interview, about 20mins, just general questions, and asked about your resume, previous work experience, completed CSC, focus on sales experience. having sales exp and CSC competed are definitely helpful for the interview. questions about what do you know about this job (financial advisor), where did you apply, tell me about yourself.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about this job (financial advisor), where did you apply, tell me about yourself.   Answer Question