CIBC Mellon

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed my in person interview with two supervisors

Interview Question – If you were to receive dividend income, what GL would they hit   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation allowed, take it or leave it offer

Fund Accountant

I applied online - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in April 2013.

Interview Details – Just gave me a call and I went

Interview Question – There is all easy questions   Answer Question

Fund Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview Details – Easy access at 320 Bay St.
Interview was pretty conversational, did not get a lot of technical questions.

Interview Question – If there is a stock split, how is it going to affect the price?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in July 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call for two interviews.
Normal conversation setting. Interviewed by 2-3 management staff for each interview.
Both consisted of technical questions in regards to mutual funds.
Soft skill questions were a main focus. Example, 'What is your strongest skill/quality that you can bring into our company?'
Also asked about future goals, including within the company.

Interview Question – All very straight forward questions   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in November 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview, hr interview, then interview with supervisor. very laid back and smooth. depends on who is interviewing you, but seems like they are more interested in personable hard workers.

HR interview - basic interview, what are your strength/weakness, situational questions. where do you see yourself in 5 years.

supervisor interview - same as hr interview, but also financial knowledge questions. what is a mutual fund, how do you value it. etc

Interview Question – none really, straightforward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – what salary do you expect. there was a probationary term of 6 months.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview Details – In person interview with two people. Asked very basic questions about mutual funds, dividend accurals, the fundamental accounting equation.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Entry level position. starting salary was 35000 for fund accountant

Fund Accountant

I interviewed at CIBC Mellon in October 2012.

Interview Details – First phone call and then scheduled a face to face interview

Interview Question – Technical: Mutual fund, NAV, stock split, etc
General : talk about yourself, strength and weakness, future plan, etc
Behavior: conflict, work under pressure
  Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in April 2012.

Interview Details – The whole process was very fast. There was an initial phone interview with a HR rep who just ask basic questions about you and your resume, they will tell you that they are going forwarding your resume to the hiring manager and get back to you.

The interview itself contained technical and behavioral questions. The questions were normal interview questions that you would expect and the technical aspects were pretty easy if you have a background in business.

Interview Question – Rate your excel skills on a scale from 1-10.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in March 2012.

Interview Details – Not too difficult

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Room to negotiate salary for a new graduate up to $47,500.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in May 2011.

Interview Details – Get the phone call from the HR asked about general behavior questioins. After one week get the call back and granted me for a interview. It is a panel interview with the hiring manager of the team. Ask about past experience and why choose cibc mellon.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you use your analytical skills   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CIBC Mellon? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CIBC Mellon Fund Accountant interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by CIBC Mellon employees and interview candidates.