CIBC Mellon

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed my in person interview with two supervisors

Interview Question – If you were to receive dividend income, what GL would they hit   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation allowed, take it or leave it offer

Fund Accountant

I applied online - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in April 2013.

Interview Details – Just gave me a call and I went

Interview Question – There is all easy questions   Answer Question

Fund Accountant

I applied online and interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview Details – Easy access at 320 Bay St.
Interview was pretty conversational, did not get a lot of technical questions.

Interview Question – If there is a stock split, how is it going to affect the price?   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in July 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call for two interviews.
Normal conversation setting. Interviewed by 2-3 management staff for each interview.
Both consisted of technical questions in regards to mutual funds.
Soft skill questions were a main focus. Example, 'What is your strongest skill/quality that you can bring into our company?'
Also asked about future goals, including within the company.

Interview Question – All very straight forward questions   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst

Interviewed at CIBC Mellon

Interview Details – The HR called and conducted a telephone interview. They asked about my last job role and details alongwith functions. They set up a first interview with the unit manager and supervisor. They asked questions that based on the job description how will your experience benefit the company. They also asked if the candidate has advance excel capabilities in pivot tables and v look up since they are used extensively in the role.

Interview Question – what are your strenghts and weaknesses   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in November 2011.

Interview Details – phone interview, hr interview, then interview with supervisor. very laid back and smooth. depends on who is interviewing you, but seems like they are more interested in personable hard workers.

HR interview - basic interview, what are your strength/weakness, situational questions. where do you see yourself in 5 years.

supervisor interview - same as hr interview, but also financial knowledge questions. what is a mutual fund, how do you value it. etc

Interview Question – none really, straightforward interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – what salary do you expect. there was a probationary term of 6 months.

Specialist, Institutional Pension and Accounting Interview

Specialist, Institutional Pension and Accounting
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC Mellon in April 2011.

Interview Details – Had 5 interviews one after another for the same position but different teams. Mind you the only reason I was given all these interviews was because the HR person liked me. Same questions were always asked.
The last interview was the one I actually won. One manager along with a supervisor. Behavioral questions were part of the interview. I was lucky enough to have been interviewed by a manager who knew exactly what he wanted. He asked me about the Financial Statement and the Balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement which are the three statements the IPA specialist uses on a regular basis for their month end. They asked me about NAV (Net Asset Value) and how to find it. and that was basically the whole interview.

Interview Question – All the technical questions might have been difficult if you did not know the answer. In general they are questions that a business and accounting major should not have a problem answering if they're fresh out of school.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. It's an entry level position so you get what they give you.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview Details – In person interview with two people. Asked very basic questions about mutual funds, dividend accurals, the fundamental accounting equation.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Entry level position. starting salary was 35000 for fund accountant

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIBC Mellon.

Interview Details – Through referral, then go through interviews of HR and hiring manager

Interview Question – what's the salary of your preview job?   Answer Question

Fund Accountant

I interviewed at CIBC Mellon in October 2012.

Interview Details – First phone call and then scheduled a face to face interview

Interview Question – Technical: Mutual fund, NAV, stock split, etc
General : talk about yourself, strength and weakness, future plan, etc
Behavior: conflict, work under pressure
  Answer Question

Worked for CIBC Mellon? Contribute to the Community!