CIBC

Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.9

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

Got an email and asked to set up interview the next day with a specified time. It was a basic interview, the hr recruiter was reading off her questionnaire and typing the answers as I spoke. Interview ended well and she told me I would be contacted by a branch manager within two weeks or else to contact her. Its been more than two weeks now and haven't heard back from either.

Interview Questions
    • Basic Behavioral Questions
      Sales target jobs, cold calling

Answer Question

Bilingual Administrative Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at CIBC in February 2015.

There were three phone interviews and I am going to do the final one in person tomorrow. The first phone interview was a simple check about my education and employment background. What is your availability etc. The second phone call was pretty much the same question but with further deep, like why you left your last company, what is your salary expatation etc. As a bilingual post, I also got a third phone interview which is extremely brief. The third one was in French and the question was what was your past experience in office administrative work. I also got an email of translation test about French writing level. This was ended last Friday February 13th.
    Tuesday of the following week I got the in-person interview request which is going to be tomorrow. Now preparing the last.

Interview Questions
    • What were your past working experience in office support?   View Answer
    • Why are you leaving the last company?   View Answer

Technical Analyst - Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CIBC.

I applied online through my university for the technology recruitment program. I had to fill out a form rating some of my technical skills. Then they pass on your resume to a team that fits your skills/experience. I got a phone call from HR asking a few simple questions and arranging an interview with the manager. I had the option of a phone interview or in person. I opted for the phone interview. I think the process will differ depending which team you are being interviewed by. In the phone interview they asked standard questions. I didn't think I did very well but shortly after I was called back with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They mostly just asked standard questions about how I deal with multitasking, working in a team, dealing with customers   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate initially, as a co-op student it paid better than other jobs. I returned later for another co-op term and was able to negotiate a bit in terms of compensation and hours, but it really depends on your manager.

Itermediate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Run through the resume that you have provided. Discuss about your previous work experience. Discuss about the expectation in the company. Discuss about you skills and qualifications for the role. A few technical and situational questions .

Processing Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIBC in October 2014.

typical interview. behaviour questions.takes less than 30 mins. good working environment and nice location.go there via path or ttc. pay low. good place to start your career. financial institution environment

other offer

Financial Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

First there was a phone interview, took about 40 minutes, lots of behavioral questions. Then a face to face interview that had a 30 mins questions session and a phone call role play that resulted in a sale. Hiring manager and a VP were doing the interview. Overall, a good experience, standard questions like where do you see yourself in 5 years etc. Why do you want this job? Why should we hire you?

Interview Questions
    Advised me about salary and hours, had to sign a few documents. Reference check was after that.

Financial Services Representative II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CIBC.

Got a call from the recruiter, had a brief phone interview, and asked to come in for a face-to-face interview with the manager. Mostly behavioral questions about your experience in customer services. He asked for CSC, and explained the training program, compensations and benefits at the beginning of the interview.

Technical Systems Analyst Co-op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university – interviewed at CIBC in July 2014.

I applied through my college/ university website. Got an interview call after a week. It lasted for 30 mins. Interviewed asked me 3 questions on projects I worked on in the past and few resume questions. We talked about his vacation and what this job is related to and what sort of things cibc is looking for. Its been more than a week but I haven't heard back from them yet. Hopefully, they will reply me soon. I would recommend to apply and see you fit in the company. As they don't expect you to know everything, even if you don't have technical don't worry. They don't care if you know or not

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer didn't ask difficult questions and was covering up for someone else.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at CIBC.

The interview process was through an agency. It took a long time, expect at least 3 4hours of your time. It was a long time ago so things might have changed.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't have any unexpected question. There was more quantity than quality - a lot of questions   Answer Question

Contact Centre Representative - Investor's Edge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at CIBC.

Initially received a phone call that CIBC was interested in doing a phone interview with me. We scheduled for a few days later. The initial interview was mostly behavioural questions but they also asked what I thought of my current job (I particularly remember them asking "what does your current employer do wrong that makes you want to leave" to which I had to point out that it was simply that CIBC was a more interesting opportunity). It was pretty simple and somewhat casual, and the interviewer seemed happy with me and said she'd pass me on to the second interview for which I would be called to schedule a time.

It was a few days later I got a call from someone directly at the call centre who asked when I could do the in-person interview. We scheduled for later that week. There were two interviews; one who had recently called, and one other. Both were fairly nice, but ran late on some other business before seeing me for an interview. They read questions from a form similar to what the phone interviewer asked me, and it was mostly simple. The issues came when they asked about my specific knowledge on investment products (which I have little of), and I could tell they seemed disappointed there. At the end they did not even ask for my reference list; generally a bad sign. They called the next week to tell me they chose someone else who had more knowledge of investment products.

Interview Questions
    • Specifically questions on what a mutual fund is, and other investment-product questions.   Answer Question