CIBC Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

CIBC Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Got interviewed by cibc hr and got a call 2 weeks after handing in my resume. Call went well asked a few behavioural questions. It last 20 minutes... After a month of applying through branches i get a call from the district manager for a csr position. I went into the head office and got interviewed by the district manager and the talent aquisition manager. The interview lasted 30 mins and I enjoyed it because they made me feel comfortable right when i walked in and let me take my time to answer the questions. It was all behavioural questions. I thi k they liked the fact that i told them i have a passion for sales and being a csr would give me the step in the doorway for greater oppertunities within the company. They saw I really wanted it and i thanked them for the interview and got a call back 2 days after my interview and was offered a position. So far i love working at cibc , jobs really easy once you get used to the system and my coworkers are great :)

Interview Questions

• How did you buold rapport with a client?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

It took 3 days to get response from CIBC after I applied for this position. We made an appointment for the phone interview in upcoming Tuesday. It went well and interviewer just asked some questions about your previous experience. He also asked about some behavior questions like how you handle difficult customers. It lasted 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• 1. Previous work experience 2. How to deal with difficult customers 3. Why we need to hire you 4 Why you want to leave your current employer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

walk in the branch which i saw they were currently hiring, the branch manager interviewed me. Question: tell me about yourself. The manager informed me more than once that I should submit the application online in advance that they can proceed the hiring process.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The good thing about CIBC is that they contact you through your e-mail first to set up the phone interview and you can reply with your desired interview time. Quick phone interview, followed by in-person interview that took half an hour behavioural questions and role play. The interviewer was late in interviewing me by 5-10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are right for this position (give three reasons)?   Answer Question

Test Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

No technical question asked. They are nice and easy on intern students. I had lunch with the interviewer and it goes smoothly. Focus on your resume and make sure you know everything if you are an intern like me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

After referred and applying online, I got a phone interview with HR. She said they need another to make decision on who will get 2nd interview because they still need to interview other candidates. She was very friendly and explained about the role really detail. Question about why do you choose this job then I talked about how much I love customer service while I was working at restaurants. That may help.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about customer service representative role?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a mistake you made and how you fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

The telephone interview was not as friendly as I expected. It was like an interrogation and made me feel guilty for applying. I was nervous as it was my first interview. No additional questions, no empathy at all. Maybe I had a bad luck with the HR person.

Intermediate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied this position via our school's co-op system. The staffs from CIBC will contact you if you pass the resume screening. It's a telephone interview made of almost all technical questions. More specifically, all about object-oriented programming like inheritance, polymorphism. If you ever took 1000 level programming courses, you must be able to answer them all. The duration is about 20 minutes.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Interview 2 rounds. the first was telephonic. other was face to face. during the interview they asked ask aby prev jobs. how did i do in the job. how did i handle the customers and how i set the goals

Interview Questions

• tell me a situation where you handled a difficult customer   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIBC (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

The branch manager called me to have a chat or interview with me. It was not like a interview but a chat. The manager wanted to know my personality and if I am going to work for a branch in a long period.