CIDC

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at CIDC in January 2008.

Interview Details – Very quick interview process. First step was the phone screening with the HR generalist. then we scheduled a day to come in. Before the meeting I filled out a standard job application which included references. At the face to face meeting I met with the HR manager, then met with the product team. I heard back from the HR manager that they wanted to proceed with checking references. I then received a call with a formal offer and set up a start date a few weeks out. Overall the process was efficient and kept me in the loop of what was going on.

Interview Question – All standard interview questions - background, what you do well and what you could do better.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was happy with the offer and the benefits package so I chose not to negotiate.

Senior Partner Account Manager Interview

Senior Partner Account Manager
Cambridge, MA

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at CIDC in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter about 5 weeks later. After passing the phone screen the recruiter scheduled another phone interview with the hiring manager the week after. After also passing this step the recruiter scheduled a series of in person (1:1 interviews).
The 1:1 interviews were held in a tiny, windowless, and cold (atmosphere) conference room. The adjacent work area (cubicles) also looked very cold, no decorations etc. was visible.
I met with the recruiter, the hiring manager, a director (the hiring manager's boss), and one senior manager (works closely with the hiring manager).
The interview focused on the position, my experience, and how I could bring value to the position as well as how I would handle various situations. Everybody was friendly but it was difficult to see why these people enjoyed working at CIDC.
After the interviews I followed up with a thank you note, i.e. sending an email to all 4 people I had met.
5 weeks later I still had not heard anything, though they promised they would get back to me within 2-3 weeks, I followed up again. The recruiter asked me for some patience.
When I followed up after an additional 4 weeks I learned the recruiter had left the company. Hence I tried to follow up with the hiring manager etc. No response at all.

Bottom line: CIDC is on my black list of companies where I will never ever apply!

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with people/partners who make $1M using our business model?   Answer Question
  • How are you staying up to date with trends, news, etc. in the specific partner location/country?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Cambridge, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CIDC in September 2008.

Interview Details – Had to go through what feels like a million different interviews. I met with an HR recruiter, and then six different employees, some of them of a junior level compared to the position I was applying for. Awkward!

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst
Cambridge, MA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at CIDC in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview arranged by emp agency for 14/Apr. I happened to be on vacation in Upstate NY at the time and agreed to the interview and if it went well, I'd make the drive to Cambridge, MA. I spoke with the IT recruiter for an hour and was invited or the face-to-face to meet Gary (IT Recruiter) and Mike, the Sr. VP of Dev.

On the drive, about 1.4 hrs from the interview time, the agency calls me to tell me there is an issue with him and CIDC that all of a sudden the IT recruiter finds me in their database and informs the emp. agency they cannot pay a commission. Sad as it is to hear, it's not really my problem but after meeting Gary, I see that there is something lacking in the experience and common knowledge not only as a poker company, but for due diligence required on the company's side not to make grave errors with strong candidates such as myself.

After meeting with Gary at 5-min to 3:00, I waited 15 min for Mike Luftus, the Sr. VP of Software Dev. He arrived in sloppy attire with BBQ sauce on his sleeve and I felt as if I had interuppted his lunch.

The meeting initially started off with some humor and was told that he didn't have time for the interview so I was to keep quiet and just listen. He said "This is a test of your listening skills!" No apology of being so late. I listened with amazement as Mike digressed deeper and deeper into how he hired a consultant and was scrambling how he could build a PMO which I assumed was required now the the Mangus merger was over.

He highlighted a few lines from my resume and stated that my experience was that of a BA, Project Manager and Product Manager. Hmmmmm yeees I thought, as a Sr. BA/PM that is what my experience should be isn't it?

Oh, keep in mind I already work for the number one poker company in the world, but I was interested in Everest only because I was thinking of living in New England again.

Anyway, I listened and in the end of our meeting he tasked me with "how can I help him build a PMO". Mike had to leave and I walked out with him so I could listen more as he stated as he had to leave for another meeting (or finish his sandwich).

I walked out to my car to begin my way back to NY and thought "that was interesting", I never left so confused after an interview because I didn't feel like I was interviewed at all. The only real question to me was, what position do you see yourself in the future here? I answered, well I'm here about the BA position, but I sure wouldn't mind your "Payments Manager" position and was told it was already taken. *shrug*, as I said digression and wandering around the main point which should have been me and the role I was being interviewed for. I believe he was so focused on his own tasks that he totally lost sight of why he was there to meet me.

The interview was a Friday and on Sunday night I sent him a high-level process impact of building a PMO. He asked me to keep it very short and I think I did.

It wasn't until 4 weeks later after not hearing from Gary or Mike that I asked for a courtesy response via email to Gary. The answer was that Mike didn't know where I he would use someone with all my experience and skill and was asking the "Marketing Team" which I guess runs the poker room, but oddly enough their Chief Marketing Officer left the company after 7 yrs.

There were no offers or any competent explanations as to what my results were other than perhaps I was overqualified, too expensive for them, or there was too much going on with the issue of employment agency compensation and a potential law suit.

In the end, I knew I wouldn't accept any offer with such indecisiveness and lack of professional business acumen I wish them the best and hope their consultant can help, but for sure he'll make a lot of money from CIDC!!!

Reason for Declining – It was evident they are in the state of mind as a start-up and only their merger with Mangus has forced them to finally put business processes in place. They have a consultant to assist - good move as their executive staff is unable to recognize the gaps and how to hire and maintain excellence.

Network Engineer Interview

Network Engineer
Cambridge, MA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at CIDC in January 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I had a phone interview with the recruiting manager. I was then brought in for a a series of one on one interviews. I met with the recruiting manager first. then the hiring manager. Next was an interview with one of the other engineers and finally the Director.

Interview Question – Tell me about how you handle a difficult situation   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CIDC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CIDC interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by CIDC employees and interview candidates.