CIHI Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

3.6

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at CIHI (Washington, DC) in December 2011.

Interview

This interview was traditional. At the end, there was something new. The Interviewer asked me to craft a sample letter to the residents and create a simple spreadsheet. I was pleasantly surprised.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, OH

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIHI (Toronto, OH) in September 2010.

Interview

Interview was with HR and the hiring manager. It was very smooth, questions were asked regarding my past experiences. Hiring manager asked questions regarding my statistics and writing skills as well as research

Interview Questions

• Give example of situation where I used statistical analysis   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIHI (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

30 minutes HR interview was followed by one hour long in-person interview with the hiring manager. Resume was reviewed for experience. Offer was made after the salary had been negotiated informally. Final negotiated salary was added to the formal offer letter. Interview process was good. I wish I had asked more questions about the working environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Ask for what you want.

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIHI (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

60 minutes test screening of people. 4 tests. Two logical tests with 5 questions each. Two technical tests. 60 minutes test screening of people. 4 tests. Two logical tests with 5 questions each. Two technical tests.

Interview Questions

• Logical tests were basically word trick questions. Nothing to do with logic at all. It's like a game. You play a lot with these types of questions then you get better with it. If done first time it'll take you around 40 minutes for both tests. Technical questions were for someone who's in community college taking Java course.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIHI.

Interview

There was just one interview - two people interviewed me. Variety of questions about statistical methods (i.e. standardization), epidemiology terms (sensitivity, specificity...) and leadership/situational questions. Asked about past research and work experience. Followed by a short SAS test (multiple choice, identify issues in code).

Java/J2EE Permanent Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at CIHI (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was informed 1hour written test on technical on java followed by 1 hr panel interview. In the written,it startd with a section of 13 tough logical reasoning questions(it was a surprise), and remaining on java.

Interview Questions

• I scored only 45% in logical reasoning(unexpected section) and 70% in java. so they did not proceed to face2face interview as I scored less that 50%. I did not like their attitude.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at CIHI (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

Rapid hiring process. Two interviews - first with two managers, then with the manager and the director. Asked to create an impromptu presentation (prep time was about 40 minutes). Kind and professional attitude.

Interview Questions

• Impromptu presentation was challenging but keeping senses on the shoulders is a good strategy.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't try. Deal was fair enough.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIHI (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2012.

Interview

Contacted by HR person. Had a short phone interview and was called for in-person panel interview consisting of 3 people (2 managers and the HR). Usual competency questions; asked to provide a lot of examples from past experiences. After the interview, I was given 1-hour skill test requiring to analyze in-house data. The interview was rather easy, but the test was difficult (was not familiar with the type of analysis I was asked to perform - its proficiency was not required in the job posting).

Interview Questions

• How would you define a good team?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIHI (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview comprised of two steps: An assessment test and an in person interview. First you will be invited to CIHI to complete an assessment test based on the job role. My Assessment test was based on Java and J2EE. After the test, depending on whether you pass or fail, you may be invited for an in-person interview with a technical staff and hiring manager.

Salary

Research Associate-type Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CIHI (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2009.

Interview

Interviews were easy enough, but the questions asked indicated that the interviewers did not really understand statisitcs or experimental design. The skills test was kind of odd. It was a good idea, they provided some data and asked you to write up your impressions of it. But the data set was poorly selected, in that there wasn't much to be said about it. It was demographics on birth rate, but there were no outliers or patterns that invited speculation or interpretation. Again, I'm not sure about the hiring managers' understanding of research.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your background makes you suitable to be a researcher at cihi?   1 Answer