CIHI Interview Questions & Reviews

3.6

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CIHI in December 2011.

This interview was traditional. At the end, there was something new.
    The Interviewer asked me to craft a sample letter to the residents and create a simple spreadsheet. I was pleasantly surprised.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at CIHI in September 2010.

Interview was with HR and the hiring manager. It was very smooth, questions were asked regarding my past experiences. Hiring manager asked questions regarding my statistics and writing skills as well as research

Interview Questions
    • Give example of situation where I used statistical analysis   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CIHI in October 2012.

Rapid hiring process. Two interviews - first with two managers, then with the manager and the director. Asked to create an impromptu presentation (prep time was about 40 minutes). Kind and professional attitude.

Interview Questions
    • Impromptu presentation was challenging but keeping senses on the shoulders is a good strategy.   View Answer
    Didn't try. Deal was fair enough.

Java/J2EE Permanent Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIHI.

I was informed 1hour written test on technical on java followed by 1 hr panel interview. In the written,it startd with a section of 13 tough logical reasoning questions(it was a surprise), and remaining on java.

Interview Questions
    • I scored only 45% in logical reasoning(unexpected section) and 70% in java. so they did not proceed to face2face interview as I scored less that 50%. I did not like their attitude.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CIHI in July 2011.

Interview comprised of two steps: An assessment test and an in person interview. First you will be invited to CIHI to complete an assessment test based on the job role. My Assessment test was based on Java and J2EE. After the test, depending on whether you pass or fail, you may be invited for an in-person interview with a technical staff and hiring manager.

Salary

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CIHI in March 2012.

Contacted by HR person. Had a short phone interview and was called for in-person panel interview consisting of 3 people (2 managers and the HR). Usual competency questions; asked to provide a lot of examples from past experiences. After the interview, I was given 1-hour skill test requiring to analyze in-house data. The interview was rather easy, but the test was difficult (was not familiar with the type of analysis I was asked to perform - its proficiency was not required in the job posting).

Research Associate-type Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at CIHI in September 2009.

Interviews were easy enough, but the questions asked indicated that the interviewers did not really understand statisitcs or experimental design.

The skills test was kind of odd. It was a good idea, they provided some data and asked you to write up your impressions of it. But the data set was poorly selected, in that there wasn't much to be said about it. It was demographics on birth rate, but there were no outliers or patterns that invited speculation or interpretation.

Again, I'm not sure about the hiring managers' understanding of research.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think your background makes you suitable to be a researcher at cihi?   View Answer

Worked for CIHI? Contribute to the Community!