CIHI

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CIHI in December 2011.

Interview Details – This interview was traditional. At the end, there was something new.
The Interviewer asked me to craft a sample letter to the residents and create a simple spreadsheet. I was pleasantly surprised.

Interview Questions

Senior Analyst Interview

Toronto, OH

The process took a day - interviewed at CIHI in September 2010.

Interview Details – Interview was with HR and the hiring manager. It was very smooth, questions were asked regarding my past experiences. Hiring manager asked questions regarding my statistics and writing skills as well as research

Interview Question – Give example of situation where I used statistical analysis   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Java/J2EE Permanent Position Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIHI.

Interview Details – I was informed 1hour written test on technical on java followed by 1 hr panel interview. In the written,it startd with a section of 13 tough logical reasoning questions(it was a surprise), and remaining on java.

Interview Question – I scored only 45% in logical reasoning(unexpected section) and 70% in java. so they did not proceed to face2face interview as I scored less that 50%. I did not like their attitude.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIHI in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview comprised of two steps: An assessment test and an in person interview. First you will be invited to CIHI to complete an assessment test based on the job role. My Assessment test was based on Java and J2EE. After the test, depending on whether you pass or fail, you may be invited for an in-person interview with a technical staff and hiring manager.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral as asked by HR staff.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIHI in March 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR person. Had a short phone interview and was called for in-person panel interview consisting of 3 people (2 managers and the HR). Usual competency questions; asked to provide a lot of examples from past experiences. After the interview, I was given 1-hour skill test requiring to analyze in-house data. The interview was rather easy, but the test was difficult (was not familiar with the type of analysis I was asked to perform - its proficiency was not required in the job posting).

Interview Question – How would you define a good team?   Answer Question

Research Associate-type Position Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 3 days - interviewed at CIHI in September 2009.

Interview Details – Interviews were easy enough, but the questions asked indicated that the interviewers did not really understand statisitcs or experimental design.

The skills test was kind of odd. It was a good idea, they provided some data and asked you to write up your impressions of it. But the data set was poorly selected, in that there wasn't much to be said about it. It was demographics on birth rate, but there were no outliers or patterns that invited speculation or interpretation.

Again, I'm not sure about the hiring managers' understanding of research.

Interview Question – Why do you think your background makes you suitable to be a researcher at cihi?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CIHI? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CIHI interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by CIHI employees and interview candidates.