CIMB Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

The Complete Banker Interview

The Complete Banker

Interviewed at CIMB Group

Interview Details – I was called by the HR for phone interview, then he called me for face to face interview. The second stage was online assessment, and the third stage is presentation. The fourth stage is the interview with the HR Director.

Interview Question – The presentation was quite tough. the panels will expect you to know details.   Answer Question

Executive, Financial Capital Market Interview

Executive, Financial Capital Market
Damansara (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CIMB Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Just simple interview with Ms Lee and HR person

Interview Question – You need to know what is your target and are you willing to just stay at office and do the same thing for a long time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – so difficult to get the expectation salary. Im accept the offer because of the stability of the company

Associate Interview

Associate

I applied through other source and interviewed at CIMB Group.

Interview Details – I was asked to meet the head of the department. They asked some personal questions, nothing very challenging. It was quite challenging as well to get the head to be free for an interview since they are always out for meeting with the external clients.

Interview Question – Not very challenging questions as I came in as an Associate.   Answer Question

The Complete Banker Interview

The Complete Banker

I applied through college or university and interviewed at CIMB Group.

Interview Details – First Round : Fill in forms, do one test and essay, interview

Interview Question – Whats happening in the market now   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interview Details – Interview with 2 associates. Usual questions:
How will you handle the hours? Describe a time you had a difficulty with a customer. What is the importance of Asia to Australia? If you had $100k where would you invest it? Describe a time when you came up with an innovative solution.

Interview Question – Asked if I had applied to any other banks.   Answer Question

Management Associate Interview

Management Associate
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CIMB Group in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interviewers are intentionally intimidating for the business presentation. Be prepared to know detailed numbers.

Interview Question – What's the profit of the company before and after the M&A between SBB and BCB?   Answer Question

Complete Banker Program Interview

Complete Banker Program

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CIMB Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – The HR called me for a phone interview as I couldn't attend the in-person interview. She asked me a lot of questions and the call lasted for about 20 minutes.

Interview Question – The trickiest question is about your flexibility if you are forced to jump into another division that you are not so fond of. I think I failed in this part by providing a shady answer to the prospect of me doing that.   Answer Question

Executive, Capital Market Interview

Executive, Capital Market
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CIMB Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Just one interview and need to do a simple essay. This position are based at cimb investment bank, kl. Be prepare for the essay. Dont too demand for the salary. In interview session, got one hiring manager and one HR person. Please be polite and study about cimb background at home

Interview Question – Nothing, very smooth and kind interviewer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Can able nego about the salary, but dun to demand it

IT Systems Analyst Interview

IT Systems Analyst

Interview Details – 1. General IQ/maths test
2. Face to face interview (with your to-be supervisor)
3. HR interview (easy, just chit chat only to get know to you)
4. Medical test (they send you to a panel for a simple medical check) - upon success steps above.

Interview Question – 1. What will you do if your user only provide User Requirement with only a line or two.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Prepare well before interview.

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive

I interviewed at CIMB Group in June 2013.

Interview Details – I only get through the first interview, it lasted around 30 minutes, and the interviewer ask about general questions, nothing much. and tell us what is our job positions, things that we need to do, the training that will be provided he said that maybe there is 2 months training and must come very early every day.

Interview Question – nothing unexpected question is asked   Answer Question

Worked for CIMB Group? Contribute to the Community!