CIT

Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Finance Associate Interview

Corporate Finance Associate
New York, NY

The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at CIT in July 2011.

Interview Details – Met one on one with the HR person in Manhattan, two Managing Directors and one Director - everyone was nice enough. Sent the obligatory thank you notes, followed up two times with HR via e-mail. Quite frustrating when HR tells you to feel free and contact them for anything and they do not even give the professional courtesy of a response. Finally received a system generated declination a month later.

Interview Question – walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Corporate Finance Associate Interview

Corporate Finance Associate

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIT.

Interview Details – Applied via online posting, heard back from a recruiter who left a voicemail about 2 weeks later. I called back without reading too much more about the position (tip #1 - never make any job-related phone calls while unprepared). I was given a mini interview on the spot by the HR person over the phone (tell me about your resume? what do you like about the firm? why does this position interest you?).

Did well and was called back later that afternoon for an in person interview. Had an in person interview with everyone in the group (4 or 5 people, 1 on 1 each time), as well as someone from HR. Very basic questions about my prior experiences, coursework, and also "fit" questions (hobbies / interests).

The cordiality ended shortly after receiving an offer that was almost offensively low in terms of salary (not even in the right ballpark). Unfortunately it soured what had up to that point been a very fruitful and productive series of conversations with the employees at the firm. The way that it was handled from that point forward makes me hesitant to recommend the firm to any of my friends looking for jobs, and I ultimately wound up accepting an offer from another firm that handled the process more professionally.

Interview Question – Walk me through the process of building a DCF (levering Betas, calculating WACC, using CAPM, etc.)   View Answer

Reason for Declining – We could not come to terms with salary, as the offer was much too low for the type of position and level of education

Worked for CIT? Contribute to the Community!