CIT

30 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Intern Interview

Credit Intern

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIT.

Interview Details – One on one interview with two managers and CFO. Applied online, set up interview about a week later, interviewed at SLC office, did not hear back for about a month, found out could not be offered job because family member worked there. Process was a little unorganized. Completed all interviews in one day, took about two hours.

Interview Question – Mostly resume based and why you want to work there.   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Compliance Officer
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIT in June 2010.

Interview Details – Several rounds of interviews with legal and compliance staff and HR, friendly, easy to interview with.

Interview Question – Interviews were more conversational than direct questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was reasonable.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CIT.

Interview Details – Firm recruited at my school, submitted an application, and got a first round on campus. Interviewer couldn't have been more friendly and helpful in describing the position and his own experiences at the firm. Heard back within a week that I was invited to the superday a month away. Only interviewed with one group within Corporate Finance that I had selected. Had 4 30 minute interviews with VPs and MDs in the group, all of whom were easy to talk to. They asked mostly behavioral questions and questions about former job experiences. All in all it was a great experience and enjoyed talking with everyone I met.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected, typical technical questions on valuation and banking   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at CIT.

Interview Details – Met with 5 people over 1.5 months.

Interview Question – No technical questions. Reviewed employment history. Employees are nice   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

Interviewed at CIT

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one technical, one more personality based

Interview Question – Most questions were straightforward.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CIT.

Interview Details – First round interview consisted of both technical and fit questions. The interviewer began with typical "walk me through your resume" and then proceeded to ask in-depth questions about each work experience. For example, the interviewed asked about how comparable analysis was done and what EBITDA meant. After this, the interviewer proceeded to ask about the text-book definition of "distressed companies" and a plethora of other questions such as what are examples of net working capital for an IT staffing company. (All of the above questions relate to my own work experience.)

Interview Question – The questions themselves weren't difficult; but beware of specifics. For example, if you say that you've done market research on the number of households using fiber optics as opposed to cable, you better remember the exact number of households and how you got there as well as what it means.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIT.

Interview Details – Applied online view school resource center. Got an HR screen. HR screen was just to see why I applied and which Corporate Finance group I was interested in. Then had a series of phone interviews with associates, mainly fit questions with a few DCF and financial statement questions.
After that, was flown to the office for a "super day", which was more of meeting with several MDs with very few other candidates around. Very informal but welcoming.

Interview Question – Walk me through a DCF.

Spoke with an MD at the office for about five minutes, then the rest was up to me to keep the conversation going for an extra 20 minutes.
  Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied online and interviewed at CIT.

Interview Details – Standard process, nothing notable. If you're referred by a senior person, the process is almost a formality. Otherwise, the usual: recruiter contacts you, phone screen, feedback goes to hiring manager, if they're interested they'll set up a round or two of interviews. Usually pretty efficient about staying in communication with candidates. Recruitment team is capable and well-intentioned, but understaffed relative to volume of activity. They handle it pretty well, though, but generalilsts often are forced to pick up a fair amount of recruitment.

Interview Question – None; run of the mill...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick and inflexible. Senior positions have more negotiating flexibility.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIT in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through school's career portal. Phone interview 3-4 weeks later. On site interview a week after that, consisting of 1 30-minute 2-on-1 interview, 2 30-minute 1-on-1 interviews, and a 30 minute informal discussion with CIT analysts who started with the company a year prior.

Interview questions were resume based and "fit" questions.

Heard back a week later that I was offered the position.

Background checks took about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Need to be able to convey that you are very capable with excel and how it can be useful to run some financial functions, such as DCF.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Gave them a salary range at some point in the application process. The offer came back above that range. Did not negotiate.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Livingston, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CIT in May 2009.

Interview Details – Direct referral through networking, 2 interviews

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated sign-on and short list for promotion

Worked for CIT? Contribute to the Community!