CIT Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2014
Updated May 13, 2014

2.8

Credit Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CIT.

One on one interview with two managers and CFO. Applied online, set up interview about a week later, interviewed at SLC office, did not hear back for about a month, found out could not be offered job because family member worked there. Process was a little unorganized. Completed all interviews in one day, took about two hours.

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIT in June 2010.

Several rounds of interviews with legal and compliance staff and HR, friendly, easy to interview with.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were more conversational than direct questions.   Answer Question
    It was reasonable.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CIT.

Firm recruited at my school, submitted an application, and got a first round on campus. Interviewer couldn't have been more friendly and helpful in describing the position and his own experiences at the firm. Heard back within a week that I was invited to the superday a month away. Only interviewed with one group within Corporate Finance that I had selected. Had 4 30 minute interviews with VPs and MDs in the group, all of whom were easy to talk to. They asked mostly behavioral questions and questions about former job experiences. All in all it was a great experience and enjoyed talking with everyone I met.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, typical technical questions on valuation and banking   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Vice President Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CIT.

Met with 5 people over 1.5 months.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Reviewed employment history. Employees are nice   Answer Question

Intern Interview

2 interviews, one technical, one more personality based

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at CIT.

First round interview consisted of both technical and fit questions. The interviewer began with typical "walk me through your resume" and then proceeded to ask in-depth questions about each work experience. For example, the interviewed asked about how comparable analysis was done and what EBITDA meant. After this, the interviewer proceeded to ask about the text-book definition of "distressed companies" and a plethora of other questions such as what are examples of net working capital for an IT staffing company. (All of the above questions relate to my own work experience.)

Interview Questions
    • The questions themselves weren't difficult; but beware of specifics. For example, if you say that you've done market research on the number of households using fiber optics as opposed to cable, you better remember the exact number of households and how you got there as well as what it means.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CIT.

Applied online view school resource center. Got an HR screen. HR screen was just to see why I applied and which Corporate Finance group I was interested in. Then had a series of phone interviews with associates, mainly fit questions with a few DCF and financial statement questions.
    After that, was flown to the office for a "super day", which was more of meeting with several MDs with very few other candidates around. Very informal but welcoming.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a DCF.

Spoke with an MD at the office for about five minutes, then the rest was up to me to keep the conversation going for an extra 20 minutes.
        Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

I applied online - interviewed at CIT.

Standard process, nothing notable. If you're referred by a senior person, the process is almost a formality. Otherwise, the usual: recruiter contacts you, phone screen, feedback goes to hiring manager, if they're interested they'll set up a round or two of interviews. Usually pretty efficient about staying in communication with candidates. Recruitment team is capable and well-intentioned, but understaffed relative to volume of activity. They handle it pretty well, though, but generalilsts often are forced to pick up a fair amount of recruitment.

Interview Questions
    Quick and inflexible. Senior positions have more negotiating flexibility.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CIT in June 2013.

Applied online through school's career portal. Phone interview 3-4 weeks later. On site interview a week after that, consisting of 1 30-minute 2-on-1 interview, 2 30-minute 1-on-1 interviews, and a 30 minute informal discussion with CIT analysts who started with the company a year prior.

Interview questions were resume based and "fit" questions.

Heard back a week later that I was offered the position.

Background checks took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Need to be able to convey that you are very capable with excel and how it can be useful to run some financial functions, such as DCF.   View Answer
    Gave them a salary range at some point in the application process. The offer came back above that range. Did not negotiate.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livingston, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livingston, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at CIT in May 2009.

Direct referral through networking, 2 interviews

Interview Questions
    Negotiated sign-on and short list for promotion

Worked for CIT? Contribute to the Community!