CIT Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.8

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portsmouth, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at CIT (Portsmouth, NH) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and immediately received an email response from the HR recruiter wanting to setup a phone interview - during the phone interview, he stated that he thought I was a perfect fit for the job. I was contacted again to come in for an in-person interview, which I did. Interview went really well, I hit it off with everyone I met with. They indicated that I was a great fit for the job, I was really excited about it, and truly thought that I might get an offer. They assured me that they would contact me within three business days with a decision. Unfortunately, I never heard back from them, even after I followed-up asking for an update. Not even to tell me I didn't get the job. That was disappointing; however, the most disappointing part came when I saw the same job re-posted online a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Which of the company's core values do you identify most with?   Answer Question
    • Which aspects of the job do you like the most, and which do you dislike the most?   Answer Question

Invoice and Booking Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIT (Chicago, IL) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an email to set up a phone interview with the HR manager. He called and immediately set up an in person interview. He noted that he had already shared my resume with the team and they wanted to interview with me. The first interview I was late because of Independence Day traffic but they still agreed to interview me. I interviewed with my would be direct supervisor and her supervisor. They asked general interview questions and some about my experience with excel. She told me about the position which I found out the position was more Billing than actual accounting. I felt rush, because I showed up late and they had meetings. A week later I was surprised that I was called back in for a second interview. The second interview I was on time and ready, I basically interviewed with 3 managers, each on the supervisor to the one below. They all asked me very general questions trying to get a feel for me and my drive for "success". Spoke with the last guy and he asked for my GPA and I honestly gave him an answer (it was an entry level position). The interviewed ended and they told me the HR manager would get back to me. A week later I email the HR manager who told me they went another way. All the people were nice, but I believe I was passed over because of my GPA.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about CIT (Rail) What type of manager do you prefer What made you apply to this position How is your commute here? Do you work better on a team or individually?   Answer Question

Bankruptcy Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CIT (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

A recruiter for their Jacksonville office called me. The interview was with three people: litigation manager, senior bankruptcy specialist, and some other guy. It was a short interview and they were not dressed very professionally. In fact they were super dressed down. I asked them what advancement in the company looked like? The response was that you would have to wait to move up until one of them retired or died. ( Not in so many words but this is the gist) The people were nice and seem to love the company. However, I got the feeling that no one stayed in this position

Interview Questions

• They asked me general questions. Why was I applying? What do I know about CIT? What do you know about Bankruptcy? What type of environment do you thrive in? etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CIT (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied through online website. Human resources reached out for interview. 2 Rounds of interview before a decision is made. Good experience. Interviewers were Vice President, Assistant Vice President, and two directors. Office was very nice and transparent environment.

Developer Interview

Interview

two rounds of technical interview over the phone and in person. technical lead and project manager were the interviewers, followed by the Director. for salary and benefits discussion, HR had another two rounds of interview.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CIT (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Traditional interview. I had the direct supervisor and hiring manager scheduled to speak with. They also had an unplanned peer interview. They asked questions first, then asked me if I had questions. I was able to walk completely through my work experience with that person. Very good questions that were meant to really understand what I did and what I knew, rather than "tell me about yourself." They answered my questions directly and thoroughly.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livingston, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CIT (Livingston, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Handed my resume to a recruiter at my college career fair. A month later, I had received a call for a on site interview. Recruiter who called was mumbling and I was not able to recall their name until i had called back. Played phone tag until we finally got a hold of one another and set up a date for the interview with a manager. However, a few days before the interview I received a call stating that the manager was busy and could make it at that time. I then scheduled an interview for a couple of weeks down the line with a different manager. Arrived at the place 15 minutes early but the managers were 15 minutes late. First manager asked me about my resume and then the second came in 10 minutes later. Interview was them explaining more about IT and using weird analogies. I asked questions and I never had a feel that they liked what I brought to the table. They joked that what I did was unusual and used "shift left" as a way to explain what they did. However, as much as I could relate I wasn't able to convince them because they were looking for someone who was more intuitive. Interviewed ended with a best of luck. Was not told when I would be contacted and was not given a chance to ask the question. I emailed the initial recruiter not too long later and was then got an email a month later that I was not chose from the preliminary round. Company is disorganized and needs to respond more swifter. People there believe that they know a lot, but are more expendable.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CIT.

Interview

Interview was unprofessional, hiring process took about a month from date of interview. process was lengthy and a waist of time. Position not as proclaimed to be. There are a lot more positions available for this company, I feel management under the facilities coordinator could use additional help in rehabilitating this particular position.

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

4 interviews. Behavioral Questions. I had to wait almost three months for the decision. Interviewers Non-responsive to thank you notes. Interviewers not vested in the process . No questions on technical abilities. Thankfully all take place on the same day.

Vice President Interview

Interview

I had a fantastic interview experience. Everyone is very friendly and professional. It seems like there is a great work/life balance, and it is a great place to build a career.