CIT Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.8

Developer Interview

Interview

two rounds of technical interview over the phone and in person. technical lead and project manager were the interviewers, followed by the Director. for salary and benefits discussion, HR had another two rounds of interview.

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CIT (Livingston, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

Handed my resume to a recruiter at my college career fair. A month later, I had received a call for a on site interview. Recruiter who called was mumbling and I was not able to recall their name until i had called back. Played phone tag until we finally got a hold of one another and set up a date for the interview with a manager. However, a few days before the interview I received a call stating that the manager was busy and could make it at that time. I then scheduled an interview for a couple of weeks down the line with a different manager. Arrived at the place 15 minutes early but the managers were 15 minutes late. First manager asked me about my resume and then the second came in 10 minutes later. Interview was them explaining more about IT and using weird analogies. I asked questions and I never had a feel that they liked what I brought to the table. They joked that what I did was unusual and used "shift left" as a way to explain what they did. However, as much as I could relate I wasn't able to convince them because they were looking for someone who was more intuitive. Interviewed ended with a best of luck. Was not told when I would be contacted and was not given a chance to ask the question. I emailed the initial recruiter not too long later and was then got an email a month later that I was not chose from the preliminary round. Company is disorganized and needs to respond more swifter. People there believe that they know a lot, but are more expendable.

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CIT.

Interview

Interview was unprofessional, hiring process took about a month from date of interview. process was lengthy and a waist of time. Position not as proclaimed to be. There are a lot more positions available for this company, I feel management under the facilities coordinator could use additional help in rehabilitating this particular position.

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

4 interviews. Behavioral Questions. I had to wait almost three months for the decision. Interviewers Non-responsive to thank you notes. Interviewers not vested in the process . No questions on technical abilities. Thankfully all take place on the same day.

Vice President Interview

Interview

I had a fantastic interview experience. Everyone is very friendly and professional. It seems like there is a great work/life balance, and it is a great place to build a career.

Director Interview

Interview

Easy transition. There were no issues and the process was efficient and without delays. The key personnel were brought to the process and were direct in what they required, HR was a supportive ally on both sides and negotiations went smoothly and quickly.

FDP Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at CIT (Livingston, NJ).

Interview

You start the Financial Development Program as a intern during the summer after your Junior year of undergrad. The interview process was an initial interview on-campus which consisted of 3 interviews. 2 technical and one behavioral from HR. Questions ranged from general CIT knowledge to technical inquiries on information that you put on your resume. For example, I had put that I did account reconciliations during my previous internship. The interviewer asked me what a reconciliation was, its purpose, its importance and significance, as well as the process in which it was performed. Also, depends on your interview in general based on their individual style of how they would like to evaluate you. HR interview was very basic concerning behavioral questions which consisted mainly of team-related conflicts. Second round interview consisted of two interviews one with a higher up employee as well as the head of HR.

Rotations consist of the following business units:
    Financial Planning & Analysis
    Controllership
    Investor Relations
    Accounting
    Treasury

During the final week of the internship all interns have to give a presentation to the CFO, Scott Parker as well as his leadership team to present what you have done throughout your internship as well as critique the program as a whole. The following day interns find out whether they have received an offer for a full-time positions. CFO as well as his team seem very genuine from my experience. They take criticisms on the program very seriously and are looking to improve at every moment they get. I personally got the feeling that they genuinely cared about us as interns and our overall career development.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over the rest of the pool. What can you specifically bring to the table that others may not be able to?

Explain what an account reconciliation is. Its importance, its purpose, as well as the process in how to do one.

Answer Question

Negotiation

CFO called everyone who got an offer into a room. Total of 6 people out of a class of 12. He told us the offer of 60k plus 5k sign-on.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIT (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I was referred to CIT through an employee referral. This employee had a very positive interview experience. I spoke with an HR representative, who was extremely interested in my background. I did not hear back for a couple of weeks, at which point I was asked for my schedule for a phone screen. I gave several dates and a few days later, I had a phone screen set up.

The phone screen was very disorganized. It was performed by a single individual who talked about what the job was, and asked a few minor questions about my resume. The interviewer was extremely distracted. At one point, he asked a question of me, and then told me to hold on because he had something else going on. Five minutes later, he came back on and the interview was concluded.

I heard back from the HR representative, who asked for my schedule for the following week and a half for an on-site video conference interview (the hiring managers were located in New Jersey, while the job was located in North Carolina). I had to follow back up several times, but finally got the interview set up.

Upon my arrival for the on-site interview, the HR representative went over the schedule and took me to the video conference room. The schedule was not followed by the interviewing team (to the shock of myself and the HR representative). Also, the interviewing team were constantly playing with their phones during the interview and typing on their laptops. Further, several broad questions were asked by a member of the interviewing team, which seemed like scenario questions. When further questions were asked for clarification, the response of the interviewing team consisted of: belittling responses with no further detail given, eye rolling, snickering, head shaking, and outright hostile behavior.

A third interviewer, who was supposed to interview me for 30 minutes, came in late, said he only had 10 minutes, and did not have any questions for me. He acted disinterested the entire time, and seemingly could not wait to leave the room. The tone of his response to questions about the position ran along the lines of "you'll do what I tell you, when I tell you, and I reserve the right to change my mind about what you're doing at a moment's notice".

At the end of the interview, another of the broad questions were asked, further clarification upon request was not given, and rude behavior was exhibited. When I finally said after attempting to answer the questions a couple of time that I wasn't sure what they were looking for, I was told that my skills were "weak". I further tried to explain that the question he was asking could be answered from several perspectives, I was told that I was making excuses.

Based on the behavior exhibited, I told the interview team that I was withdrawing interest in the position and immediately ended the video conference. The HR representative, who sat in on the interview, profusely apologized for the outright unprofessional and rude behavior of the interview team, and said that he understood completely not wanting to move forward. He asked that we keep in touch, in case the situation with this particular group ever improved.

Interview Questions

• What happens when you open a web page?   1 Answer

Analyst Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CIT (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Got the interview from on campus recruiting. Get invited to the 2nd round superday, which is a morning full of back to back interviews with 4 people. People are nice themselves, but the company lacks diversity. From what I can see, almost all of the employees are white males. There are a few females who do not seem to play any important role in the company.

Interview Questions

• How are the 3 financial statements connect with each other?   Answer Question

Relationship Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIT.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted a few days later to set up an interview for the following week. At the interview, the HR person that contacted me, and 2 hiring managers sat in for my interview. One hiring manager seemed extremely disinterested and barely asked any questions, just went over what the job/position entailed and the second hiring manager was curt and rude. Once I asked questions about the company and the culture, I was told that the company doesn't place their employees first since they were a "for profit" company and money was their first priority and interest. That left a bad taste in my mouth and was happy to not hear back from them.