CIT Vice President Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2014
Updated Nov 14, 2014

Vice President Interview

Interview

I had a fantastic interview experience. Everyone is very friendly and professional. It seems like there is a great work/life balance, and it is a great place to build a career.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for CIT

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at CIT.

Interview

Met with 5 people over 1.5 months.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Reviewed employment history. Employees are nice   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CIT (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

HR disorganized and interviewing executive very unprofessional. HR rep solicited me about this position in a relatively new department (approx 1 yr old). From there, multiple HR recruiters were involved in the process but did not with coordinate/share information with each other. For example, I was also asked to provide application at 2nd interview despite the fact I had provided it to HR at the first interview. In addition, I received an email after 3:30pm for a 9am interview the next day. This last minute scheduling occurred for both rounds of interviews.

The first round of interviews held in Livingston, NJ and were professional and informative. I promptly mailed thank you notes to each of the interviewers. I was then scheduled to meet with dept executive in NYC office.

Unfortunately, it quickly became apparent the purpose of this interview was for HR to be able to check off their box that they had considered multiple candidates and to obtain benchmarking information as all questions were more focused about my current employer's processes and systems. She did not have my resume so I provided her with one. She kept her office door open during the entire interview and for most of the interview she sat there with her elbow on her desk and holding her head in her hand. She stated she had "personally hand picked everyone who works in her department" and was clueless that I was solicited by their HR. This statement supported both of the prior interviewers' statement that she had personally recruited each of them to come and work for CIT. More shocking, at the end of the interview when escorting me to the restroom, which was right next to the doors to the elevators, she said "there's the restrooms and there's the door" and walked away. For the first time in my life, I did not send a thank you note.

Interview Questions

• None - usual questions to ascertain professional accomplishments, business and market knowledge, leadership and relationship abilities.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at CIT (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with only HR

Weak offer