CITGO Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.4

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO in July 2014.

Interview

One meeting. Super easy make them laugh and like you. The like to laugh. Then send thank you note. They like thank you notes. Be honest and complementary. Don't lie to them just be yourself. Nothing more to it. Pretty easy hiring process

Gas Station Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

It took a bit of time. Called me in for an interview a week after I went in and asked for the job. Asked me a few questions on availability and then began to train me. Training took almost a week. After that you run the store pretty much by yourself.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO (Houston, TX).

Interview

95% behavioral/circumstantial questions. "Describe a time..." It was a committee interview and they took turns asking questions. There were some technical questions pertaining to the required experience needed. It took about an hour. Most of the questions involved conflict resolution.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you mediated a conflict, what you suggested and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted offer as is.

Gas Station Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at CITGO (Baltimore, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I came in and sat down and was asked about my past work history in a general kind of way. I was then asked if I thought I would have a problem with basic job functions, like counting cigarettes and doing paperwork. He gave me a small math test and asked about my availability, then said I was hired.

Associate Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at CITGO (Corpus Christi, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

After the career fair had one on campus interview then got invited for the final on site interview. I was interviewed by the HR person. She was very friendly and comfortable to talk to. We related to eachother because we were both "Go Getters"

Senior Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CITGO (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

As a contractor I applied to the position to become a permanent employee. The hiring process is really slow, it could take months. First you go through a phone interview, then a one to one and finally a panel interview integrated by people from HH.RR and the department looking for the person to be hired. The process is fair, but slow.

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike the most of the company?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CITGO in June 2014.

Interview

There was not much of an interview. He wanted to make sure I understood I would not be getting paid for training once I learned the register I would be put on the payroll

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions, he just explained the details of each job that he needed done and that only cooking I would get paid for until I learned the register   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CITGO.

Interview

The interview process was structured, but allowed plenty of flexibility to ask questions and understand the environment. The panel consisted of members across many departments which I found nice. I met with the director 1-on-1 which was a good experience as well.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Help Desk IT Operations Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at CITGO (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Citgo HR called me about two to three weeks after I had applied for the job online and I was set up with an interview. The interview consisted of a group panel with the manager, supervisor, and two leads. They all asked behavioral questions "Tell me about a time when you...." which was 90% of the interview. The remaining 10% of the interview process consisted of me asking them questions about the job and them asking me about three technical questions total. The interview was an hour long as scheduled. They have awesome benefits and 401K. Citgo has a gym for employees, showers, cafe that serves breakfast and lunch, and a parking garage. The position is a 12 hour shift 6pm-6am Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The role is a combination of software support, network configuration, and network security. I was informed that I will receive a phone call for an offer or an email for no offer within two weeks. Interview was not as technical as I thought it would be. Very little technical aptitude questions. Very professional environment mostly everyone there was in business attire and some were dressed as business casual. No second round interviews for the position. Dow Chemicals is next to Citgo. ConocoPhillips, BP, Shell, and ExxonMobil are nearby in the same area.

Interview Questions

• I was not expected to be asked salary expectations, however, I did research on the position's salary prior to the interview.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CITGO in September 2012.

Interview

There was a phone screen and then an in person interview. The in person was a 4 person panel interview. In my case there was only one person from my team on the interview, the hiring manager. It was a pretty standard interview. The questions are general questions and are not directly catered towards a particular field.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions, I work in IT and only one person on the panel understood the role I was applying for. The difficulty is in bringing non technical questions back to something technical to demonstrate competency.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some negotiation.