CITGO Refining

Interviews for Top Jobs at CITGO Refining

Process Control Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsville, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingsville, TX

The interview was all behavior questions. They definitely wanted to know how you would react to situation that is presented and also your experience in handling those experiences. The interviewer was really nice in asking and answering questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what is your favorite subject and your least favorite subject and why?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CITGO Refining.

I met a recruiter at a college job fair and scheduled an interview for the next day. The questions were open-ended and focused on behavior and work ethic; nothing too unexpected. The interviewer and other recruiters were very friendly, and past interns seemed to have a good relationship with their employers.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a time when you had set a goal for yourself, and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

HSSE Interview

I applied online. The process took 12+ monthsinterviewed at CITGO Refining.

Initial communication consisted of a phone call from site HR but not until almost a year had gone by. I had forgotten I applied for the position! Phone call was just to find out if i was still interested.

Lenght of interview, or lack there of, was the surprising thing. My interview was on-site and consisted of two groups of two. The hiring manager and another "interested" supervisor and then the department manager along with an HR rep. The interview process took about 2.5 hours.

The interview is an off the shelf product where the questions are divided up between the interviewers where you get the same question 2 or 3 times just worded in a differently

Interview Questions
    • nothing out of the ordinary just got tired of hearing the same question over and over.   Answer Question
    Little room for negotiation, was able to get a little more but quickly learned that if the Dept Manager hadnt been a penny pincher I would have done better. I blame myself just as much the Dept Manager.

Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at CITGO Refining in October 2010.

The recruiting team came to my school career fair and I was scheduled for 1:1 questions. The questions were simple. They are like your strength, your weakness, consider yourself in a situation where you are accused wrongly, how did you handle the matter, your professor gave your a grade you feel you deserve more than that, how do you handle the situation