CLSA Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2014
Updated Jul 1, 2014

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CLSA.

3 rounds at minimum - typically consist of general skills interview, behavioral and case study. (Business Case may be given on ad hoc or scheduled)
    Was overall very positive, interviewers were friendly and recruiters were helpful.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CLSA.

Mature interview process. No unnecessary technical questions. Only apt ones.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CLSA.

Mature interview process. They concentrated on what they wanted.

Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CLSA in December 2013.

Telephonic + F2F

Interview Questions
    • All Questions are unexpected and irrelevant   View Answer

Tech Lead Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at CLSA in September 2013.

Telephonic rounds-2
    Video Conference - 2
    Face to face - 1

Equities Research Summer Interview

Referred by senior students from university association,they asked me to come on site and asked statistics questions such as regression, dw test, recovering missing data and some other time series problem. At last I was asked to do two small data analysis.

Interview Questions
    • In answering statistics problem, one should relate it to the problem. It's not pure technical.   Answer Question

Summer Intern, Equities Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at CLSA in April 2010.

All i had was a phone conversation with the HR and the questions were rather general because it was through a referral. It started off with some qualitative (fit) questions with the ones you would expect like running through my resume and tell me something about yourself, strengths and weaknesses and asking me for my long-term goals. After that she began asking some simply technical questions for financial statement analysis and my thoughts towards market efficiency and the 2008 bubble.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation phase.

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days - interviewed at CLSA.

Hiring process was relatively tough. It was 2 rounds of telephonic technical interview followed by 3-4 rounds of face to face technical interviews. 1 round with Hongkkong team via video con. 1 round with center head and 1 round with HR.

They make sure that they test all the relevant areas. They'll ask some domain related questions as well.

Interview Questions
    I put an expected salary figure. HR lady asked me where did you get this figure. I said this is the minimum for this profile. She did not ask anything else.

After joining CLSA I realized I was underpaid for the kind of work culture they have. You should quote salary of Goldman Sachs for all their Front office development and production support roles.

PA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at CLSA in August 2011.

The interview was with a HR representative only. The interview only took 15 minutes and we only discussed my CV. It was quite strange as there were no question about me or the company. I am not sure if this is company wide practise to see the HR first.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked questions about my personal preferences (busy/ quiet working environment, sole working or team, etc.)   View Answer

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pudong, Shanghai (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at CLSA in January 2008.

Was asked why interested in the firm, why to hire me, what I could do differently, views on the sector to cover, methods of effective research and communication, carrer objective etc. General advice is to be yourself and be confident as the firm looking for person that is analytical, independent and critical. Also they look for sales + analyst personality.

Interview Questions
    • Why you are the best person for this specific position   Answer Question

Worked for CLSA? Contribute to the Community!