CMA CGM America Interview Questions

2.7

Import Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Applied for several positions online and never got an interview. Met with HR rep at a job network event and learned many positions posted are filled internally. Reapplied and followed up with HR rep, she assured me I woukd be contscted once open position available. After 2 weeks, she contacted me and set up an interview. I interviewed initially with HR rep, then with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• How do you define customer service?
      What are your long term / short term goals?
      Tell me about your experience with a difficult customer and how you handled it.
      What makes a good supervisor/manager?
      How would you deal with coworker that isn't doing fair share of work?
      What is your salary expectation?
      Tell me about yourself..

Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, felt job offer was fair for my level of experience.

Export Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in December 2013.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. I submitted my resume on a friday night and got a phone call around 7pm on the following tuesday for a pre-interview screening. After that phone call was finished I had a scheduled interview two days later. The interview went great. Basically just wanted to get to know you. Asked a lot of questions pertaining to my resume. Told me to describe my work ethic. Also asked how I found out about this company. I interviewing with HR manager first and then the head department manager with the supervisor second. I got a phone call later on that evening asking if I would come in for a second interview. My interview wasn't schedule for 2 weeks because of the Holidays (Christmas and New Years). My second interview was on a friday and this time it was for a different "internal" position. The HR manager felt this job would be a better fit, and she was right! Basically, during the second interview they told me about the job positon for 30mins and told me to ask questions. We discussed benefits, etc. Late monday night, I got another phone call offering me the job. I must say I am very pleased with the company so far. They handle interviews and following up with you very professionally. When the HR manager said she was going to call/e-mail me on such and such date she did. The entire interview process was not stressful at all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you dealt with an irrate customer over the phone. How well do you handle work under pressure?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Job offered 10k more than what I am currently making so I am satisfied. For an entry level "customer service" position, they provide you top dollar in my opinion.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

3 step process. This is not a place that just hires off the street. You need to know someone to get in the door. You interview with the dept. supervisor and Manager for the position you're applying for. If this goes will you will meet with the director and HR to discuss benefits and salary. This can be overwhelming if you're not used to being double teamed. Lots of questions relating to the job will be ask but other questions regarding your back ground and personal life will be ask. Nothing unprofessional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very low key and in private with HR and the director. The supervisors do not know your salary. Very open and easy.

Inter-modal Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at CMA CGM America.

Interview

Received a phone call asking about myself, salary requirements, what I would be interested in applying for (had a couple of different options). Then I came in for an in-person interview. Interviewed with HR Manager, and then with Manager of my department. HR interview was typical, but the Manager of the department basically just told me about the position.

Interview Questions

• Who are three people in history you'd want to have a conversation with the most?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not try to negotiate.

INBOUND CLOSE COORDINATOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied through my campus career center and got a call about two weeks later. I had a brief phone interview which consisted of them explaining who the company was and the position. They asked basic questions about myself and things on my resume. I then got an interview where i took a typing test and interviewed with the staffing manager one on one and interviewed with the department managers.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in December 2011.

Interview

Interview took place in a conference room which started with HR. It then continued up the ladder ending with the director of the department. Asked the typical questions to see if there was an understanding of the company and industry. Questions then put you in scenarios and asked how you would react, deal, or handle the issue. Friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• What is the proudest business moment in your life?   Answer Question
    • What is the most difficult situation you have encountered and how did you handle and contribute to the outcome?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at CMA CGM America (Norfolk, VA) in March 2011.

Interview

I had one panel interview that lasted about two hours. I interviewed with different department managers to try and see where I would best be suited.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation. They asked what I made at my last job and then told me what I would be making with them.