CMC

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Data Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at CMC.

Interview Details – CMC does all their hiring through staffing agencies, Manpower in my case. So ultimately there is a first filter interview with the staffing agency and then an additional interview with a CMC project manager. The CMC interview was a basic interview with emphasis on your knowledge of economic, financial, and excel abilities.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult but the different terminology used to describe different economic indicators made it difficult to understand what the question was pertaining to.   Answer Question

Financial Data Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at CMC.

Interview Details – The interview process includes lots of questions based on Accounting and MS-Excel. They will grill you based on your resume and basic Accounting questions. The job profile is no where close the actual data analyst position

Interview Question – Depreciation, pivot tables, vlook up,   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at CMC in April 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly easy. They asked you many financial and accounting related questions in the interview process, but truthfully, you don't need any of that knowledge for this job. There was not much information given about the job as it was for a client they cannot disclose. During the interview I was told that full time employment with the company would be offered, and it was. The only issue is that it was not a fair offer, in my opinion.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with financial statements?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations as I was hired on as a temporary employee. When I was given an offer from the company the pay rate and benefits were the exact same as the staffing agency. There was no benefit to signing the contract. In fact, it actually prohibited you from working at other places for a year after your employment with them. You were also paid less frequently. I tried negotiating but they will not even consider speaking with you about more money.

As for advice to others, if you are being hired on with this company through a staffing agency do not expect to be compensated more or receive better benefits when you receive an offer from the company. If you are ok with that, then this job is fine.

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

Interview Details – It was a very basic interview. It is with one of the project managers from the company. They will ask you a broad range of finance/accounting questions. Mostly things like "what is a financial statement, what is EBITDA, do you know what a dividend is, how do you use columns in excel...etc." The information on the actual job is very limited due to the NDA for the client they work for. No personality questions, no behavioral stuff, and no drug screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You begin as a temp/contract employee and are told you will be hired on full time. You will be told your offer is dependent on your "contribution" to the company and if you perform, you will be offered employment. The offer you receive is the exact same pay rate as your temp position. The benefits are actually slightly more expensive than the temp staffing agencies, you get paid less frequently, and you are asked to sign a plethora of contractual obligations. In short career as a temp, I have never seen a company not give a slight raise after hiring you on full time. They will even scoff at this idea and tell you that no other company does this, when in fact, I have worked at one that did.

Mumbai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CMC in April 2014.

Interview Details – aptitude test,personal/technical round,Hr round

Interview Question – Nothing difficult question were asked,was a easy process like Tell me about ur self,finance related and some interpersonal skills related like how u can solve a problem?   Answer Question

Mumbai (India)

I interviewed at CMC in October 2008.

Interview Details – Personal Interview

Interview Question – Nothing was mus difficult. interviewer just asked simple questions like - what is a bond, what is the difference between shares and bonds and why company goes for share and bonds rather than bank loans.   Answer Question

Worked for CMC? Contribute to the Community!