CMC

Average Difficulty
74 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Data Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at CMC.

Interview Details – CMC does all their hiring through staffing agencies, Manpower in my case. So ultimately there is a first filter interview with the staffing agency and then an additional interview with a CMC project manager. The CMC interview was a basic interview with emphasis on your knowledge of economic, financial, and excel abilities.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult but the different terminology used to describe different economic indicators made it difficult to understand what the question was pertaining to.   Answer Question

Financial Data Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at CMC.

Interview Details – The interview process includes lots of questions based on Accounting and MS-Excel. They will grill you based on your resume and basic Accounting questions. The job profile is no where close the actual data analyst position

Interview Question – Depreciation, pivot tables, vlook up,   Answer Question

Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at CMC in April 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly easy. They asked you many financial and accounting related questions in the interview process, but truthfully, you don't need any of that knowledge for this job. There was not much information given about the job as it was for a client they cannot disclose. During the interview I was told that full time employment with the company would be offered, and it was. The only issue is that it was not a fair offer, in my opinion.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with financial statements?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations as I was hired on as a temporary employee. When I was given an offer from the company the pay rate and benefits were the exact same as the staffing agency. There was no benefit to signing the contract. In fact, it actually prohibited you from working at other places for a year after your employment with them. You were also paid less frequently. I tried negotiating but they will not even consider speaking with you about more money.

As for advice to others, if you are being hired on with this company through a staffing agency do not expect to be compensated more or receive better benefits when you receive an offer from the company. If you are ok with that, then this job is fine.

Very Easy Interview

Austin, TX

Interview Details – It was a very basic interview. It is with one of the project managers from the company. They will ask you a broad range of finance/accounting questions. Mostly things like "what is a financial statement, what is EBITDA, do you know what a dividend is, how do you use columns in excel...etc." The information on the actual job is very limited due to the NDA for the client they work for. No personality questions, no behavioral stuff, and no drug screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You begin as a temp/contract employee and are told you will be hired on full time. You will be told your offer is dependent on your "contribution" to the company and if you perform, you will be offered employment. The offer you receive is the exact same pay rate as your temp position. The benefits are actually slightly more expensive than the temp staffing agencies, you get paid less frequently, and you are asked to sign a plethora of contractual obligations. In short career as a temp, I have never seen a company not give a slight raise after hiring you on full time. They will even scoff at this idea and tell you that no other company does this, when in fact, I have worked at one that did.

Systems Administrator Interview

Systems Administrator
New Delhi (India)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at CMC in July 2014.

Interview Details – Hiring process comes with a written aptitude test followed by the personnel interview.You are only given one chance to interview in a month. candidates should know about the company details,its workflow and past history to get recruited. Technical sessions is not very hard as compared to another companies.

Interview Question – About company work.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Trainee Engineer Interview

Trainee Engineer
Chennai (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CMC in August 2013.

Interview Details – Job enabled training. Aptitude test and then communication test. Aptitude questions are normal. No need preparation for this. They need pass marks. Then communication test.. Basic introduction and then why you want to join cmc and then why you choose Software / Networking. If you have money, they will recruit you for sure .
 Easy Questions. It depends on communication skills. They need money that's it.

Interview Question – All easy one.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer
Hyderābād (India)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at CMC in April 2014.

Interview Details – there r steps to get a job in cmc
1) write an online exam conducted by cocubes and get a nice score
2) attend the interview process after getting shortlisted
3)technical interview - as i m from ECE (basics of electronics, embedded ,digital electronics ,8051mc,8086mp)
4) hr interview - all basic ,self intro, family background, ur strengths n weakness, relocation's ok or not ?

Interview Question – draw complete architect of 8501   Answer Question

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer
Calcutta (India)

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at CMC in June 2010.

Interview Details – There are 4 interviews, the last of which is interaction with hr, the first two interviews are technical and the third is a more personal interview, the technical interviews are standard technical questions, but hands on knowledge is required to answer, the personal interview will be about you and your aspirations and current job role you will be in

Interview Question – you may get school level questions on calculus, trigonometry, which may be unexpected to you   Answer Question

Associate IT Engineer Interview

Associate IT Engineer
Noida (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at CMC in May 2014.

Interview Details – test and tech and hr interview.. they shortlisted candidate based on their score on co-cubes. therefore no apti test was there for us.
hr interview was easy but in technical he asked too many questions and they will try to confuse you by asking are you sure.. is this correct

Interview Question – questions related to testing... soft engg... dbms   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Bhilai (India)

I applied online - interviewed at CMC in June 2014.

Interview Details – With a proven track record of successful achievements, I am pleased to present my application and CV for your consideration as a Web Developer. Please find attached herewith my resume for your reference.

Having 9 Month experience in the industry, and a strong educational background featuring a degree in Computer Science.

Worked for CMC? Contribute to the Community!