CMC

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager

Interviewed at CMC

Interview Details – Tech round (includes tests) followed by HR round

Interview Question – Varies depending on the BU you are applying to.   Answer Question

Financial Data Analyst

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at CMC.

Interview Details – CMC does all their hiring through staffing agencies, Manpower in my case. So ultimately there is a first filter interview with the staffing agency and then an additional interview with a CMC project manager. The CMC interview was a basic interview with emphasis on your knowledge of economic, financial, and excel abilities.

Interview Question – The questions weren't difficult but the different terminology used to describe different economic indicators made it difficult to understand what the question was pertaining to.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Mumbai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at CMC in July 2009.

Interview Details – Written test + Group discussion + 1:1 Interview

Negotiation Details – Easy

IT Engineer Interview

IT Engineer
Calcutta (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CMC in January 2010.

Interview Details – 3 rounds of interview.
First, a technical round of around 30 minutes which had normal questions from .NET framework, OOPS, ASP.net and database
second was the managerial round, which mostly focused on leadership abilities and past achievements.
Third round was HR round which was mainly a salary negotiation round.

Interview Question – Nothing as such. Interview process was relaxed and very easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You have to negotiate very hard.

Customer Support Center Interview

Chennai (India)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at CMC in February 2010.

Interview Details – very tough to enter the company as a permanent employee.

Interview Question – nothing much difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing much negotiations. They will tell the max they can give and we have to accept.

Trainer Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CMC in January 2008.

Interview Details – There was a technical interview followed by 1 to 1 discussion with the manager and HR Round.

Interview Question – How will you as trainer explain the topic to the participants?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation happened since it was my first corporate job

Financial Data Analyst
Austin, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at CMC in April 2010.

Interview Details – It was a very basic interview. It is with one of the project managers from the company. They will ask you a broad range of finance/accounting questions. Mostly things like "what is a financial statement, what is EBITDA, do you know what a dividend is, how do you use columns in excel...etc." The information on the actual job is very limited due to the NDA for the client they work for. No personality questions, no behavioral stuff, and no drug screen.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You begin as a temp/contract employee and are told you will be hired on full time. You will be told your offer is dependent on your "contribution" to the company and if you perform, you will be offered employment. The offer you receive is the exact same pay rate as your temp position. The benefits are actually slightly more expensive than the temp staffing agencies, you get paid less frequently, and you are asked to sign a plethora of contractual obligations. In short career as a temp, I have never seen a company not give a slight raise after hiring you on full time. They will even scoff at this idea and tell you that no other company does this, when in fact, I have worked at one that did.

Austin, TX

Interview Details – The hiring process was fairly easy. They asked you many financial and accounting related questions in the interview process, but truthfully, you don't need any of that knowledge for this job. There was not much information given about the job as it was for a client they cannot disclose. During the interview I was told that full time employment with the company would be offered, and it was. The only issue is that it was not a fair offer, in my opinion.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with financial statements?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations as I was hired on as a temporary employee. When I was given an offer from the company the pay rate and benefits were the exact same as the staffing agency. There was no benefit to signing the contract. In fact, it actually prohibited you from working at other places for a year after your employment with them. You were also paid less frequently. I tried negotiating but they will not even consider speaking with you about more money.

As for advice to others, if you are being hired on with this company through a staffing agency do not expect to be compensated more or receive better benefits when you receive an offer from the company. If you are ok with that, then this job is fine.

Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at CMC.

Interview Details – first round aptitude and second group discussion

Interview Question – how much would u rate yourself compared to others in class??   View Answer

Reason for Declining – had to pay training fees of 60000+ tax

Trainee IT Engineer Interview

Mumbai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at CMC in August 2013.

Interview Details – Written Aptitude Test, Interview.

Interview Question – Quantitative Apti Questions   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at CMC

Worked for CMC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CMC interview questions and advice. All 66 interview reviews posted anonymously by CMC employees and interview candidates.