CMD Agency

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at CMD Agency

Account Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CMD Agency.

I interviewed with CMD a few times under the pretense that there were actual jobs available. Over time, I learned that the agency has such a significant turnover rate that there is a constant need to have candidates in the pipeline. During my last interview with an Account Director, I was told that the decision on whether or not they intended to hire me fully depended on whether or not they would cut an underperforming employee at the end of his probation period.

Each of my three interviews with CMD took place at the coffee shop adjacent to the company's offices. At first I thought this was a strategic way to make the interview process less formal. I later realized it was just a way to avoid parading candidates through the building. The current employees might know the hammer was coming if they saw someone interviewing for their job.

I ended up withdrawing from the interview process when I realized the company's interview tactics were less than forthright. Even if I did get a job offer, I wasn't inclined to accept after what I learned about the company's culture and turnover rate.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were standard. In the 1:1 interviews, they are searching for a personality fit and inquiring about work ethic. They screen for qualifications by what is on your resume.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at CMD Agency in September 2012.

I interviewed with people in the earned media department. I talked with multiple people, most of them pretty junior. Writing skills seemed very important to them.

Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at CMD Agency in January 2012.

Initial communications was wonderful. I had a phone interview with HR, 2nd round phone interview and 3rd round met with executives. Complete failure to follow-up after 3rd round. I heard nothing for weeks, had to follow-up on my own and then found out they had changed the position they were initially hiring for. A great first impression turned into a horrible last impression. Blessed though that it worked out this way, would hate to end up at a company with little follow through and communication.

Interview Questions
    • I asked a specific question related to the position and was told by the executive that he had no idea what the specifics of the position were, someone else would be able to answer that question for me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at CMD Agency in August 2010.

Excellent!

Interview Questions
    • With your level of experience, why would you want to work for a company like ours?   Answer Question